Profile for Gold guardian > Reviews

Content by Gold guardian

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Gold guardian "Shinging Nova" (Canada)

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 - PlayStation 2
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 - PlayStation 2
3 used & new from CDN$ 30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate cool, April 1 2008
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I finally got my hands on this pass weekend and was playing my heart out on it.

I managed to beat both the ultimate road and ultimate challange modes for the most part unlocking all 42 characters for use. Now I just need to unlock all the ultimate and custom jutsu's that you can learn.

I've got to say some parts of the game are better then others.

A few of the minigames like the gambling ones are fun but the other ones like the tree climbing thing are pure garbage left overs from past ultimate ninja games and they need to dye in a fire.

I'm not sure what purpose Shuriken mode servies but so far it seems pretty useless and Summoning mode blows since it's either too strong or it leaves you near helpless, plus it lasts way to long considering the game blantently tells you one tactic against them is to simply outlast them.

But I've got to say that the main meat of the game, the actual fighting was pure bliss. Having your ultimate jutsu only last 1 cutseen instead of four makes the fights both quicker and more intence.

The balance in story mode is also a bit more fair so far for the most part as thought I had to redo a couple battles for the most part none of them where too frustrating unlike the problem I had with ultimate ninja 2 where the clear requirements for a few non optional battles where INSANE.

I still don't like how the ai is given some cheap constant power ups like a speed boost, attack boost or defence boost in some battles. It's just makes those fights really cheap and annoying.

Having to "date" the characters a couple of times to unlock things is fun, It would be nice if they made that mode a bit deeper for Ultimate Ninja Accel. A full blown Dating sim sidemode could be hillarious if done right.

All in all I'd give the game a very solid 7.5/10! It might have some flaws but overall it still kicks [...]!