Profile for Bradley > Reviews

Content by Bradley

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Bradley

i-CON PS3 BLUETOOTH HEADSET
i-CON PS3 BLUETOOTH HEADSET
Offered by biddeal
Price: CDN$ 24.52
9 used & new from CDN$ 24.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mic. Good price., Oct. 6 2012
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This mic is easy to put together, easy to pair with the PS3 and very easy to use. There are up and down volume buttons on top (if used on the left ear), the power button, a mini USB port for charging, and a power button. The fact that this mic is wireless really helps with comfort as you don't have to worry about positioning the wire while playing, or having it tugging the headset down. Don't forget to take it off when you go to the toilet though, people will complain if they have to listen to that :) However, you can't use it while it is charging meaning when it runs out, you have to wait for it to charge enough before being able to use it again.
The clarity is pretty good. I could easily communicate to team-mates and hear them.
Used for between 30 minutes to an hour (ish), it stays pretty comfortable on your ears, but for extended gaming sessions I would definitely buy a more expensive headset. (Astro or Turtle Beach, for example)
Overall, a good mic for the price.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Offered by Wulf Electronics
Price: CDN$ 18.99
58 used & new from CDN$ 5.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, Dec 21 2011
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I started playing COD when the majority of people did, with the release of Modern Warfare. I played well over 200 hours on Modern Warfare 2 and more on Black Ops. This game is no different. It has new features, it makes changes, it incorporates more of what the player wants. Admittedly, it is very similar, with regards to gameplay, to Modern Warfare 2. However, if any of you enjoy a certain series, God of War for example, you wouldn't want the third to be a completely different game from the first or second. It's because there are things about that game series that hold us in place as gamers. It keeps us coming back to the same game until a new one comes out. I for one don't care that it's not completely different from Modern Warfare 2. If it was, I probably wouldn't buy it. Neither would millions of other gamers. I am not disappointed with this game, as long as they don't drag the series out any longer. 3 is enough.
I can see myself logging many hours on this game.

Lord Of The Rings: War In The North - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Lord Of The Rings: War In The North - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes the LOTR fresh again, Dec 21 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was hesitant about getting this game due to the fact that I haven't played a good Lord of the Rings game since the original trilogy came out for the PS2. However, once I got it I knew I had made the right choice. It was a bit slow to begin with but that's the same with any RPG type game. Also, the new story means you don't mind being in conversations for a few minutes or watching cut-scenes between levels/missions. It soon picks up and you're furiously hacking away at orcs and trolls with your friends. It's a lot easier to play multi-player as the AI characters are practically useless. I loved the amount of action, the levelling system and the replayability. Once you finish one difficulty setting you can keep all your gear and stats and start again on a more challenging setting. Every now and then you may have to take a break due to the repetitious nature of the combat/missions, but when you come back to it, it is still fun.

4 out of 5 because there could have been a lot more to the game to make it slightly better. For example, your conversations only enhance the story and don't really have any effect. If there were more playable characters it would give players a more customizable feel to the style of play. Or even just further customization of existing characters. Either way, still a great game and I would definitely recommend buying.

Rage - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Rage - PlayStation 3 Standard Edition
Offered by Chitchats
Price: CDN$ 18.22
22 used & new from CDN$ 4.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gameplay, short game., Oct. 26 2011
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This game was great to play, but considering it was said to be a sort of cross between Fallout 3 and Borderlands, it didn't live up to the hype. The gameplay was great, the graphics and engine are really good, but it only took me 10 hours to complete the whole game, including all races, all side quests and scavenger mission. Also, the open world environment is a bit misleading. Yes you can choose where to go but there's not really anything anywhere except where the missions are taking you. Overall, great game, just disappointing that I will now have to wait for DLC (which are undoubtedly coming) so I can enjoy more of the game.

Edit: Since there is no DLC available yet, (a year later) nor can I find any evidence of any being made any time soon, I would seriously recommend renting this game for a day or 2 instead of buying it. You can complete it easily within 10 hours. Not worth paying full price for to be honest. Until it gets to under $20.