Profile for Peter Hall > Reviews

Content by Peter Hall

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Peter Hall (Regina, SK Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Matrix Audio Qube Universal Rechargeable Aluminum Speaker, Silver (MQubeSLA)
Matrix Audio Qube Universal Rechargeable Aluminum Speaker, Silver (MQubeSLA)
Price: CDN$ 13.31
6 used & new from CDN$ 13.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Gives my Galaxy Nexus the extra volume I need., Sept. 10 2013
I was very happy with this cube. It has a very clear sound. Not the best for music (lacks base), but clear with no distortion. Love it for u tube videos.

Echo Logico Retro Handset - Soft Touch - Wired Headsets - Retail Packaging - Black (ELO - BLK - ST)
Offered by Neewer Direct Global (18-26 Business Days Delivery Time)
Price: CDN$ 32.58
7 used & new from CDN$ 10.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Answer hang-up feature doesn't work on iPhone 4s. Slightly muffled sound., April 14 2013
I was a little disappointed as the answer hang-up feature doesn't work on iPhone 4s. Also it has slightly muffled sound.

iKross A2DP Bluetooth Stereo Headphone Headset with Black Carrying Case - Supports Wireless Music Streaming and Hands-Free calling Compatible with Apple iPhone ® 5S, iPhone 5C, 5, 5G, 5th Generation
Offered by emaxland
Price: CDN$ 37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money!, March 15 2013
I wasn't expecting too much for $25, but was pleasantly surprised. They have a surprisingly full sound. If the song has lots of base you can't crank it. You will hear distortion. But for normal listening levels they're great. I forgot my phone upstairs and it worked flawlessly when I went into the basement. It dropped a few times when I walked further away but still was listenable. I would definitely recommend them.
I should mention that I have a Galaxy Nexus. I can answer calls and people can hear me fine. They don't ask if I'm on Bluetooth like other Bluetooth devices I own. I haven't been able to get the voice dialing to work though.

Offered by Canadian Shoppe
Price: CDN$ 109.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones ever and for cheap., Feb. 5 2013
These phones sound awesome and comfortable to boot. I've had these for 2 weeks and must have put close to 150 hours on them. The flat sound reproduction makes them perfect for an equalizer. You get exactly the sound you want. The build is great, looks like they're going to last a long time. Some people say they have a problem with comfort. If you do try opening them up more so they don't pull on your ears. I listen to them for hours at a time and almost forget I'm wearing them. The soundstage is great. You can hear every sound and it sounds like they're hardly working. Crank it and they still sound great. They take anything you throw at them with no distortion whatsoever. Oh, I almost forgot, all this for $100, WOW!!!

Offered by dealkings
Price: CDN$ 177.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best $100 Headphones ever!, Jan. 24 2013
I've only had these a couple of days. The sound is unbelievable. I bought some Sony XB800s last week and then read the reviews on the MDR V6s. They came 2 days ago and blew the XB800s away. If I hadn't heard the V6s I would have been blown away by the XB800s. I thought nothing could sound better than those. But I will be returning the XB800s right away. The V6s blew away the XB800s. The bass isn't quite as strong but a lot tighter, and cleaner. Everything sounds so clear and they reproduce the sound so effortlessly. It's like they're hardly working. Crank it , no problem, they won't miss a beat. The comfort is the other plus about these. I listened to them for over 5 hours last night and you hardly knew you had them on. The Head-Fi sight rates them as the best that Sony puts out. I agree. Buy them.

Deep Purple with Orchestra: Live at Montreux 2011 [Blu-ray]
Deep Purple with Orchestra: Live at Montreux 2011 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Deep Purple With Orchestra
Price: CDN$ 16.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 9.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Jan. 7 2012
I just loved this Concert. The sound was awesome and the video crystal clear. The colors were so perfect you'd think you were there. Just wish I wasn't in a condo so that I could crank it up. Thanks Amazon. Received it in just days.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) Box Set - [9-Disc Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Mark Hamill
Price: CDN$ 89.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 73.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars The Complete Saga (Blu-ray), Nov. 15 2011
Just loved this collection. The sound was awesome! (So awesome that the neighbour was banging on the wall)LOL!! The picture was super sharp with all the detail you expect with Blu-ray. The only drawback was I had to update the firmware in my Blu-ray player. This is something I would have had to do some time in the future anyway.

Layers: The Complete Guide to Photoshop's Most Powerful Feature (2nd Edition)
Layers: The Complete Guide to Photoshop's Most Powerful Feature (2nd Edition)
by Matt Kloskowski
Price: CDN$ 29.46
37 used & new from CDN$ 22.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Very simple, well illustrated and FUN!!, April 5 2011
I bought this book because Layers are one of the most important features in Photoshop. I've got many books on Photoshop but find them too long winded and I give up without learning a lot. This got right into it and I've learned more in a couple of weeks than I did in the last 5 years. It made learning FUN!!

Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray]
Digital Video Essentials [Blu-ray]
Offered by CAMusicFiendz
Price: CDN$ 98.17
4 used & new from CDN$ 39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital Video Essentials BluRay, March 23 2010
I used it to set up my 50" Samsung Plasma. It took well over an hour to go through everything, but after watching the whole thing it only took me 10-15 minutes to do the actual setup.
Before the setup I was trying to set up the set by eye. I just couldn't figure out what was wrong. I'd fix one thing and then something else would look bad. After using the DVE setup disc, everything looks great. DEFINITELY worth the money! What's $20 after spending over a $1000 on the TV.

A Guide to the I Ching
A Guide to the I Ching
by Carol K. Anthony
Price: CDN$ 17.69
32 used & new from CDN$ 12.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide to positive living., March 16 2009
This review is from: A Guide to the I Ching (Paperback)
I have used this book to help me make fairly important decisions in my life and have been very impressed with the results. I have severe arthritis and have been disappointed one too many times by doctor's recommendations for relief. My doctor prescribed physiotherapy which has never worked. I consulted the "Guide to I Ching" and it told me to be open minded, so I went for Physio with considerable relief! One other time it's advice went against my thinking, but I followed the advice with positive results. Highly recommended!!

Page: 1 | 2