biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice ca_ty_gno Tools
Profile for C. Lavallee > Reviews

Content by C. Lavallee

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

C. Lavallee (BC, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms
A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms
by George R. R. Martin
Price: CDN$ 28.77
45 used & new from CDN$ 16.07

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't grab you, Jan. 29 2016
Mildly entertaining, but took me forever to finish because it just wasn't very interesting. Lacked grit, suspense and emotion. I got bored with histories being repeated with every new player introduction. Granted Dunk is portrayed as simple, but the book is also written very simply.

Galaxy S6 Case, SUPCASE Full-body Rugged Holster Case with Built-in Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S6 (2015 Release), Unicorn Beetle PRO Series - Retail Package (Green/Gray)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, Oct. 9 2015
I love this case!! It is sleek in design and offers superior protection for my phone. I am a chronic phone dropper, and I've had no issues with this case being anything but perfect.

Silicon Power 64GB USB 3.0  Pink Retractable Flash Drive,Blaze B05 (SP064GBUF3B05V1H)
Silicon Power 64GB USB 3.0 Pink Retractable Flash Drive,Blaze B05 (SP064GBUF3B05V1H)
Price: CDN$ 48.03
4 used & new from CDN$ 48.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Great USB for the money, April 17 2015
Great USB. Stands up to all of my abuse.

Hamilton Beach Percolator with Detachable Cord
Hamilton Beach Percolator with Detachable Cord
Price: CDN$ 64.96
5 used & new from CDN$ 61.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Percolator, April 17 2015
I really love the quality of coffee that comes out of this percolator. It's extremely hot (which I love) and rich and wonderful. The price is fantastic. The only reason I didn't give it full 5 stars is because you can't brew only 4 cups of coffee. Minimum 6 cup per brew. That makes for a very large travel mug in the morning or a lot of waste.

Galaxy S5 Case, Spigen® [Interactive Window] Samsung Galaxy S5 Case Protective [Slim Armor View Smooth White] Automatic Sleep / Wake Dual Layer Protective Case w/ View Window for Galaxy S5 (2014) - View Smooth White (SGP10997)
Offered by Spigen CANADA
Price: CDN$ 39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Spigen Case is only OK, April 17 2015
I really like the look of this case. It's nice and slim, not bulky, and I love the IDEA of it opening up on hinges. Problem is that the hinges are very cheap. It took me a couple of months, but I did finally break it. If this were a metal case with stronger hinges I'd buy it again, but as is, I think it's way too much money for a case that lasts only a couple months.

Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
Price: CDN$ 671.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 282.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Wynter AC - arc 14s, June 16 2014
I bought this AC unit based on a majority of reviews stating it was quiet. I suppose "quiet" is a relative term. If I lived in a factory, I'm positive that this unit would drown out the processing machinery.
Sleek? Yes. Cools? Yes. Would I recommend it? No! If you're paying this much money for a unit, it should NOT disrupt conversation or sleep. I wish I'd just bought a window unit. Weighs about the same, so portability wouldnt be an issue.

Bodum Bistro Electric Blade Grinder, Orange
Bodum Bistro Electric Blade Grinder, Orange

1.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Bistro Grinder, April 21 2014
This grinder makes a mess. The grinds go everywhere when you take the lid off. There is no measure in the cup. I recommend the Cuisinart grinder. More expensive, but mess free, accurate measure in the cup and therefore worth every penny.

Milwaukee 49-17-0131 Contractor Work Gloves, Medium
Milwaukee 49-17-0131 Contractor Work Gloves, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Milwaukee work gloves, April 21 2014
I Love these gloves. They are a great fit, and well made. I use them both for yard work and motorcycle riding. Fantastic.

Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road
Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road
by Neil Peart
Price: CDN$ 17.41
39 used & new from CDN$ 7.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Rider - Neil Peart, April 21 2014
I bought this book as I am an avid motorcycle traveler who loves walking a mile in someone else's shoes. Taking this ride with Mr. Peart years after he took it has me landmarking spots that I'd now love to go visit and makes me reminiscent of those places he writes about that I've already been. He evokes the lusty traveler, that free, unrestricted, and plenary devotion we have to the road all the while using the road to both flee and travel to the lives that we were meant to.

Niagara [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Niagara [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Marilyn Monroe
Price: CDN$ 14.97
2 used & new from CDN$ 14.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Niagara - Marilyn Monroe, April 21 2014
This is a B movie for sure, but just seeing Niagara Falls the way it was in the 60s - still small, not Vegas-ized is great. I think I bought it more for the scenery than for the story, it's a little Hitchcockian, not bad.

Page: 1 | 2