Profile for C. Lavallee > Reviews

Content by C. Lavallee

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

C. Lavallee (BC, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
Whynter ARC-14S 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
Price: CDN$ 485.00
3 used & new from CDN$ 432.14

3.0 out of 5 stars Wynter AC - arc 14s, June 16 2014
I bought this AC unit based on a majority of reviews stating it was quiet. I suppose "quiet" is a relative term. If I lived in a factory, I'm positive that this unit would drown out the processing machinery.
Sleek? Yes. Cools? Yes. Would I recommend it? No! If you're paying this much money for a unit, it should NOT disrupt conversation or sleep. I wish I'd just bought a window unit. Weighs about the same, so portability wouldnt be an issue.

Bodum Bistro Electric Blade Grinder, Orange
Bodum Bistro Electric Blade Grinder, Orange

1.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Bistro Grinder, April 21 2014
This grinder makes a mess. The grinds go everywhere when you take the lid off. There is no measure in the cup. I recommend the Cuisinart grinder. More expensive, but mess free, accurate measure in the cup and therefore worth every penny.

Milwaukee 49-17-0131 Contractor Work Gloves, Medium
Milwaukee 49-17-0131 Contractor Work Gloves, Medium
Price: CDN$ 24.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Milwaukee work gloves, April 21 2014
I Love these gloves. They are a great fit, and well made. I use them both for yard work and motorcycle riding. Fantastic.

Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road
Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road
by Neil Peart
Price: CDN$ 16.57
48 used & new from CDN$ 4.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Rider - Neil Peart, April 21 2014
I bought this book as I am an avid motorcycle traveler who loves walking a mile in someone else's shoes. Taking this ride with Mr. Peart years after he took it has me landmarking spots that I'd now love to go visit and makes me reminiscent of those places he writes about that I've already been. He evokes the lusty traveler, that free, unrestricted, and plenary devotion we have to the road all the while using the road to both flee and travel to the lives that we were meant to.

Niagara [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Niagara [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Marilyn Monroe
Price: CDN$ 14.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Niagara - Marilyn Monroe, April 21 2014
This is a B movie for sure, but just seeing Niagara Falls the way it was in the 60s - still small, not Vegas-ized is great. I think I bought it more for the scenery than for the story, it's a little Hitchcockian, not bad.

Ionic Bluetooth Keyboard Tablet Stand Leather Apple iPad Air iPad 5 Case (Black/ Brown)
Offered by Crazyondigital
Price: CDN$ 39.85
9 used & new from CDN$ 34.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Ionic Bluetooth Keyboard Tablet Stand, April 21 2014
This is a great iPad case/stand. The bluetooth works flawlessly. The keyboard being attached by magnets is handy to set aside when I don't need it. My iPad has taken a couple spills while in this case where the keyboard went flying but no damage to anything.
Great case. I love it.

Egyptian Cotton 300 Thread Count Standard Pillowcase Set Solid, White
Egyptian Cotton 300 Thread Count Standard Pillowcase Set Solid, White

2.0 out of 5 stars Egyptian Cotton?, Oct. 30 2013
I gave 2 stars because for the price, the item is good enough. I find the cases scratchy and have my doubts as to the claim Egyptian Cotton. I won't buy these again.

Cuisinart CBK-200C Convection Bread Maker
Cuisinart CBK-200C Convection Bread Maker
Price: CDN$ 119.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 86.52

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, Jan. 13 2010
I bought this item in June 2009. In July 2009 I contacted Cuisinart because I'd only used it twice and it broke. The paddle wouldn't spin. They advised me that I could mail it back to them with a cheque for them to mail me a new one. This being completely ludicrous that I would pay shipping for this substandard machine that I already forked out $120 on, they agreed to pay the shipping. When I received the second Cuisinart breadmaker, I pulled it out of the box and the lid immediately fell off and a screw fell onto the floor. It was mottled with pry marks and dents. I again contacted Cuisinart and they arranged to have it picked up at my house again and then mailed me a third breadmaker. The third breadmaker I used only twice as the pan kept popping out of place and therefore the dough would not mix. AGAIN, I contacted Cuisinart and they informed me that since I had struck out with 3 of the same appliance, they would NOT send me another breadmaker but I could choose any item(s) from their website of equal or greater value. If the value was greater however, I had to send them a cheque to cover that value. If I decided on an item of lesser value, I would NOT receive a cheque, I would just lose that money. They will not refund my money. I am still trying to speak to a manager of their service department, but after 4 requests I am still being refused. I will never buy another Cuisinart product. I actually regret buying all of the cuisinart appliances and cookware that I have purchased based on this ridiculous experience.

The Good Guy
The Good Guy
by Dean Koontz
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, May 17 2009
Koontz at his best. Koontz not only has his lead character keeping the bad buys on their toes but also keeps the reader on their toes with twists and turns full of excitement and subtleties for a classic tale of the all American hero.

The Darkest Evening of the Year
The Darkest Evening of the Year
by Dean Koontz
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Great until the end., May 17 2009
The Darkest Evening of the Year had so much promise with every turned page. It had me spell bound wondering what would happen next and then all of a sudden it ended. I could just picture the publisher giving Koontz a call urging him to wrap it up and send it out. I felt entirely ripped off by the ending.

Page: 1 | 2