ARRAY(0xa6aeeb4c)

Profile for C. Lavallee > Reviews

Content by C. Lavallee

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

C. Lavallee (BC, Canada)

Egyptian Cotton 300 Thread Count Standard Pillowcase Set Solid, White
Egyptian Cotton 300 Thread Count Standard Pillowcase Set Solid, White
Price: CDN$ 13.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Egyptian Cotton?, Oct. 30 2013
I gave 2 stars because for the price, the item is good enough. I find the cases scratchy and have my doubts as to the claim Egyptian Cotton. I won't buy these again.

Cuisinart CBK-200C Convection Bread Maker
Cuisinart CBK-200C Convection Bread Maker
Price: CDN$ 143.94
2 used & new from CDN$ 100.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, Jan. 13 2010
I bought this item in June 2009. In July 2009 I contacted Cuisinart because I'd only used it twice and it broke. The paddle wouldn't spin. They advised me that I could mail it back to them with a cheque for them to mail me a new one. This being completely ludicrous that I would pay shipping for this substandard machine that I already forked out $120 on, they agreed to pay the shipping. When I received the second Cuisinart breadmaker, I pulled it out of the box and the lid immediately fell off and a screw fell onto the floor. It was mottled with pry marks and dents. I again contacted Cuisinart and they arranged to have it picked up at my house again and then mailed me a third breadmaker. The third breadmaker I used only twice as the pan kept popping out of place and therefore the dough would not mix. AGAIN, I contacted Cuisinart and they informed me that since I had struck out with 3 of the same appliance, they would NOT send me another breadmaker but I could choose any item(s) from their website of equal or greater value. If the value was greater however, I had to send them a cheque to cover that value. If I decided on an item of lesser value, I would NOT receive a cheque, I would just lose that money. They will not refund my money. I am still trying to speak to a manager of their service department, but after 4 requests I am still being refused. I will never buy another Cuisinart product. I actually regret buying all of the cuisinart appliances and cookware that I have purchased based on this ridiculous experience.

The Good Guy
The Good Guy
by Dean Koontz
27 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, May 17 2009
Koontz at his best. Koontz not only has his lead character keeping the bad buys on their toes but also keeps the reader on their toes with twists and turns full of excitement and subtleties for a classic tale of the all American hero.

The Darkest Evening of the Year
The Darkest Evening of the Year
by Dean Koontz
24 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Great until the end., May 17 2009
The Darkest Evening of the Year had so much promise with every turned page. It had me spell bound wondering what would happen next and then all of a sudden it ended. I could just picture the publisher giving Koontz a call urging him to wrap it up and send it out. I felt entirely ripped off by the ending.

Duma Key
Duma Key
by Stephen King
Price: CDN$ 11.69
7 used & new from CDN$ 6.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Thriller, May 17 2009
This review is from: Duma Key (Mass Market Paperback)
I fell away from Stephen King books for a little while until I read a review that stated this book was a perfect introduction to Stephen King. That reviewer was absolutely correct. Duma Key is a perfect blend of thrills, angst, other worldliness, and subtle humour. Very enjoyable, and highly recommended.