Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools
Profile for Deborah > Reviews

Content by Deborah

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Reliance Double Doodie Toilet Waste Bags-No Gel (Black, Small)
Reliance Double Doodie Toilet Waste Bags-No Gel (Black, Small)
Price: CDN$ 16.79
10 used & new from CDN$ 13.77

5.0 out of 5 stars It is nice to be able to still spend time at the ..., Sept. 30 2015
Fall is here and it will soon be time to drain the water at the cottage. We use this along with Reliance Products Hassock portable toilet. It is nice to be able to still spend time at the cottage off-season without having to work visits around public washrooms. Very convenient, easy to use and dispose. Simply ziplock the used liner bag into the heavy-duty outer bag and throw in the trunk to dispose in the garbage at home. This will be our second year using this product (and the portable toilet). Very happy I bought them.

SGL Gu10 Led Bulbs 6W=50W Pure White 4500K,500lm Super Bright,40 Degree 85-265Vac
Offered by Shine Glory Lighting CA Seller
Price: CDN$ 8.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally LIGHT, Sept. 13 2015
Have 3 potlights and could not find daylight spectrum GU10 bulbs anywhere locally. I tried GE Reveal (the Reveal colour spectrum for incandescent bulbs was brighter than others). However, their GU10 bulbs were yellow and dim. I was very happy to find this daylight bulb with Kelvin rating of 4500. Same wattage but nice and bright. With one bulb replaced I finally have LIGHT in my computer room. Glad I tried this - now to get 2 more for the other potlights. There was some flickering at first until my research told me it was probably due to my dimmer switch being incompatible. I found my dimmer bar had slid just a wee bit down from fully on and that fixed the problem. When for curiosity I tried the dimmer, the 2 remaining bulbs dimmed but this one did not. Again, it's probably my incompatible dimmer, which I never used anyway and will probably just replace with a regular switch.

Custom Crocheted Sweaters: Make Garments that Really Fit
Custom Crocheted Sweaters: Make Garments that Really Fit
by Dora Ohrenstein
Price: CDN$ 18.71
35 used & new from CDN$ 17.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a Great Start, July 14 2013
My review is based on my first project. Go to Lark Craft webside and click on updates. I just started my first sweater and did look at the site updates. There is an update for pages 132-133 and I'm not even there yet. That is the sweater I started and I had to work out at least 4 errors so far on the pattern up to the point of that update, i.e. says repeat from * but there is no star to work from (happened twice) - or misplaced brackets on groups of instructions because if you took the instructions literally, I'm sure it did not make the stitch intended. One such stitch instruction had me with 5 loops on my hook but the end of the instructions said to pull through all 3 loops, so I had to invent it what it meant myself. A simple phrase like "except for the last stitch" is missing so you have to assume that is what's meant when you are repeating. Also the format of instructions and having to go back and forth from one page to another to follow them is annoying, e.g. in the middle of instructions for a row, it says "follow row 2 of...." which is two pages previous. Beautiful sweaters but annoying instructions. I will be doing other projects in this book but I already don't expect the instructions to be completely accurate or user friendly.

Flight of the Doves [Import]
Flight of the Doves [Import]
DVD ~ Ron Moody
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 19.04
18 used & new from CDN$ 19.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe You HAVE to be Irish to be Irish, Dec 3 2011
This review is from: Flight of the Doves [Import] (DVD)
I was a big fan of Jack Wild in the 70s and, although I knew of its existence, never saw this movie until I watched the DVD I ordered. Maybe children might find this entertaining but, as an adult, it was painful. Pretty poorly written story: very campy; too many dumb policemen. The St. Patrick's Day parade/song was a very long filler (akin to an Irish "It's A Small World") . Then there was the too long "Keystone Cop" (or Looney Tunes) segment going in-and-out the building of doorways. That being said, I am happy I have it in my collection (good for a laugh) but this Jack Wild movie is nowhere near the caliber of "Melody" or "Oliver".

Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 3x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch LCD (Blue/Silver)
Offered by 21st century Tech
Price: CDN$ 329.95
3 used & new from CDN$ 209.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon D10 Under Water, Dec 24 2010
Length:: 0:25 Mins

This is a video inside my Rivulus cylindraceus (killifish) aquarium. Nice clear video; it was difficult manoeuvring but that's not the camera's fault, just the confined space. Camera takes video in .mov format; software it comes with converts it to .avi. Added the music in later in my own Pinnacle Studio program which I use to make DVDs/convert to mpg. Only had the camera a month so far but I am quite impressed. It is a larger camera compared to other waterproofs; I specifically wanted a Canon as I was used to Canon controls on my other digitals. Still images are also great; better "dark" photos than a Canon PowerShot A480; on par with PowerShot A610. Only 3x zoom because of the waterproof enclosure but sufficient. Wrist strap can be attached on any of the 4 corners of the camera. Battery seemed to last quite long. (One review I had read stated the video mode doesn't record sound but, indeed, there is a small mic that captures sound and quite well - I had to lower the sound level in my final rendering because it was too loud and also added the music to muffle the loud aquarium noise.)