Profile for L. Schad > Reviews

Content by L. Schad

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

L. Schad "lschad" (Pittsburgh, PA United States)

Caribbean Ports of Call: Eastern and Southern Regions, 5th: A Guide for Today's Cruise Passengers
by Kay Showker
19 used & new from CDN$ 1.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Jewel of a book, June 14 2004
Walking tours! It has walking tours and maps of the ports and very complete information on each island listed. If you want to tour on our own, this is book for you.

Crochet For Barbie® Doll
Crochet For Barbie® Doll
by Nicky Epstein
12 used & new from CDN$ 34.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Reminds me of when I was a kid, May 27 2002
My Mom made me Barbie clothes when I was a young girl. This book reminds me so much of those clothes and the fun I had with them. True to Barbie and fashion dolls, the clothes are a reflection of our times and will delight anyone dressing up their dolls. Nice addition to Knitting for Barbie.

Jan of Cleveland
Jan of Cleveland
by Elizabeth Kingsbury
Price: CDN$ 13.63
4 used & new from CDN$ 1.22

1.0 out of 5 stars Lack of conflict a disappointment, May 27 2002
This review is from: Jan of Cleveland (Paperback)
I really looked forward to reading this book, but the way Jan totally takes over the Middle Ages with no conflict to speak of is really disturbing. Jan just shows up, everyone falls into her plan, and it goes from there. Sadly, I didn't even finish the book since it appeared to be more of the same.

WebTV for Dummies
WebTV for Dummies
9 used & new from CDN$ 1.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for novices, May 2 2002
This review is from: WebTV for Dummies (Paperback)
This Dummies book has enough information to get you started with WebTV. It is concise and easy to understand. My mother is now enjoying her WebTV using this book as a guide, and she is a newcomer to the internet. If you are timid, this is the book for you.

The House in Thornton Wood (Candleglow)
The House in Thornton Wood (Candleglow)
17 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A gothic in the classic style!, May 2 2002
I grew up reading gothics and love them very much. The House in Thornton Wood has all the elements of a great gothic, and Anne Knoll has a great writing style and sense of the genre. It has the right amount of suspense, supernatural, and romance. The heroine, Olivia, is caught between two very different men while she is on a collision course with her unknown past. The secret of the house in Thornton Wood is gradually revealed in a manner that draws you into the mystery without revealing too much, too soon. Excellent book that I could not put down. The Candlelight series has revived the gothics in a powerful way.

Scarletti Curse
Scarletti Curse
by Christine Feehan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.99
48 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Scarletti Curse is an excellent gothic and a great read., May 2 2002
I took this book with me on a business trip and it kept me entertained and engrossed the entire trip. Since I am collecting the Candlelight series but I wanted my friends to share in this book, I just had to run out and buy copies for them. There are so many twists and turns in the plots that you will never be bored and the conclusion is very satisfying and complete. Great read.

Star Wars Trilogy
Star Wars Trilogy
VHS
3 used & new from CDN$ 25.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Star Wars, April 18 2002
This review is from: Star Wars Trilogy (VHS Tape)
These are the Star Wars films we cheered and hissed at the theaters when we were younger. Sometimes having the original is the best gift of all.

Stephen King's Rose Red [Import]
Stephen King's Rose Red [Import]
DVD ~ Nancy Travis
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 108.94
11 used & new from CDN$ 31.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Great horror flick for a non-King fan, April 18 2002
I don't watch or read Stephen King, but I loved "Rose Red." I do love the original, black and white version of "The Haunting" and have read "The Haunting of Hill House" - which I consider to be a great horror flick. Mr. King did a great job of combining Shirley Jackson's story about a house born bad to the bone with the Winchester Mystery House idea. Loved the characters, too. When do we get a story about the next phase of Rose Red?