Profile for A. Lee > Reviews

Content by A. Lee

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

A. Lee (Ash Grove, MO United States)

The Ice Storm (Widescreen)
The Ice Storm (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Joan Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Christina Ricci, Elijah Wood, Kevin Kline
Offered by Warehouse105
Price: CDN$ 19.99
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars This movie is kind of depressing..., Jan. 24 2003
This review is from: The Ice Storm (Widescreen) (DVD)
I rented this movie. Thank God. I mainly rented it to see Elijah Wood's performance. I wasn't disappionted in his character. Christina Ricci creeped me out. She was like a pycho maniac. The rest of the cast was rather weak in my opinion. I came away from this movie feeling like I would never be happy again. Spend your money on better films like Deep Impact, Deep Blue Sea, Forever Young, LOTR: TFOTR, LOTR: TTT.

Romeo & Juliet 68
Romeo & Juliet 68
VHS
11 used & new from CDN$ 5.64

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best version of R and J I have ever seen., Nov. 3 2002
This review is from: Romeo & Juliet 68 (VHS Tape)
I borrowed this tape from my local library to compare it and the Baz version. And I have to say this one wins hands down. I had to read Romeo and Juliet in eighth grade. And I really liked it then. But I like it even better now. Whiting and Hussey made an awesome Romeo and Juliet. This version draws you in until you actually feel like your there in Verona. It got to the point where I was laughing, crying, and shouting at the T.V. Especially when Romeo passed the friar carrying the letter. When I'll not let any more of the beans spill. So here's my recomendation. Rent, Borrow or Buy this version and you will not regret it. It's a MUST see.