Profile for David Land > Reviews

Content by David Land

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

David Land (Barrie, Ontario, Canada)

Extras: The Complete Series
Extras: The Complete Series
DVD ~ Various
Price: CDN$ 26.98
22 used & new from CDN$ 9.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, March 17 2008
This review is from: Extras: The Complete Series (DVD)
Sadly, I must say I found the "Extras" seasons 1,2 and finale very disappointing. Let me say that I am a huge fan of "The Office" and was looking forward to this new creation to continue along the lines of the comedy lurking in the minds of Gervais and Merchant. Season #1 was disappointing in the extreme and I questioned whether I should waste my time going further. I did , however, and was rewarded somewhat by Season # 2 as it seemed the boys started to produce some comedy. Kudos to Merchant (who plays the loser agent). Very comical and well done. The scenes surrounding the "naked pen lady" were very well done. The repartee between Merchant and Gervais is excellent and clearly shows them as two friends you would like to meet in real life (if they are as comical as I think they are together). Another real plus for the whole series is the dim-witted, yet kind-hearted character fleshed out by Ashley Jensen (who plays Gervais "extra" friend, Maggie). Well done. The last extra special finale was a waste of time with minimal humour. Overall I would give this whole series a two star rating at best...and that is sad as it is a large let-down from the "Office". This is the first review I have ever done and somewhat reflects my disappointment. Hope it helps others make a decision before deciding to purchase. Good luck.