Profile for Chad DeFeo > Reviews

Content by Chad DeFeo

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Chad DeFeo "(ChandlerBingFan)" (Philadelphia, PA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
The Essential (Rm)
The Essential (Rm)
Price: CDN$ 8.00
36 used & new from CDN$ 5.26

5.0 out of 5 stars The Essential Cyndi Lauper (2003), June 22 2004
This review is from: The Essential (Rm) (Audio CD)
Cyndi Lauper has been another one of the most successful female solo artists of the early 80s. Her career started to take a fall with the release of 1989 album, A Night To Remember. After the unwanted failure of A Night To Remember (1989). In 1993, Cyndi released another album that failed entitled, Hat Full Of Stars.
In 2003, she was able to release, The Essential Cyndi Lauper, her second greatest hits compilation since Twelve Deadly Cyns ...And Then Some (1994). I definitely call it a must-have album.
GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN
From the album She's So Unusual (1983). I have loved this song since my years in middle school. I love it's fun-filled energy and I love it's crazed vibe. It's a classic all the way.
MONEY CHANGES EVERYTHING
From the album She's So Unusual (1983). Another great song, but in my opinion, not among the best. I hope you know that it's true that money, in most ways, most certainly does change everything.
WHO LET IN THE RAIN
From the album Hat Full Of Stars (1993). The album Hat Full Of Stars (1993), as for I know, only had three songs I ever liked and they are That's What I Think, Hat Full Of Stars, and Who Let The Rain In. This is a moving ballad and I recommend that you all listen to it.
SHE BOP
From the album She's So Unusual (1983). I still can't get over the fact that this one talks about female masturbation. Nobody wagged their fingers at Cyndi for making a song like this, but if Madonna recorded this song, the critics and parents would have been down her throat. This is a great song. I remember watching Cyndi's Behind The Music on VH1. When they were talking about this track and all the controversey, Cyndi said that her mother called her up and said, "Is this song about... that?" I was laughing for days.
TIME AFTER TIME
From the album She's So Unusual (1983). I have always enjoyed this song because of its moving arrangements and vocal arrangements. Everytime I see Mira Sorvino and Lisa Kudrow dance with Alan Cumming to this song in 'Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion', I cry after laughing so hard, even though they did a great job with the choreography. I know shouldn't be laughing because they danced so great, but it's just that they chose a romantic ballad that requires slow-dancing and they decided to use ballet as their dance.
I DROVE ALL NIGHT
From the album A Night To Remember (1989). This is one of the best songs I have heard from Cyndi Lauper and it came from the best album Cyndi Lauper has ever recorded, A Night To Remember. The album did not get the recognition it deserved, it is her best album by far.
HAT FULL OF STARS
From the album Hat Full Of Stars (1993). Another great song from the Hat Full Of Stars album. I knew from the moment I read the title that it would be a great song and I was right. I love it when I'm right.
CHANGE OF HEART
From the album True Colors (1986). This is one of the three songs from the True Colors (1986) album that I like. The True Colors (1986) album is not a favorite album of mine, all though I love the front and back covers of that album. This song has a great vibe to it and the lyrics are well-written. Cyndi's voice was amazing on this one to begin with, but The Bangles', who provided back-ups, vocals thicken Cyndi's voice, making her voice sound like it has more enthusiasm.
SISTERS OF AVALON
From the album Sisters Of Avalon (1997). This is a good song, but it's not like her original sound. If she decided to change her sound, she shouldn't have made it sound like this. I know she has the talent to better than this.
ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT
From the album She's So Unusual (1983). This is another song with a moving sound. The vocals are incredible, the music is incredible. Who would not love this song, except for people with no brains?
WHEN YOU WERE MINE
From the album She's So Unusual (1983). Although, this is a great song, I don't like the fact that it was originally done by Prince. I literally hate Prince with a passion. In my opinion, he's a great lyricist, but he and his music can go straight to hell because I can't stand him or his music.
TRUE COLORS
From the album True Colors (1986). The second of three songs I like from the True Colors (1986) album. The guitar arrangements are incredible.
UNHOOK THE STARS
From the album Sisters Of Avalon (1997). She did reinvent her sound for the Sisters Of Avalon (1997) album and not well at all. This is a song I always skip. I can't waste my time listening to a song that sounds like crap.
THE GOONIES 'R' GOOD ENOUGH
From the original motion picture & soundtrack The Goonies (1985). The Goonies has always been one of my favorite movies. The movie was filmed and released in 1985, the year that I was born. It's hard for me to believe that this movie is as old as I am and I still get a kick out of it. This song is amazing and Cyndi was the right choice to record it. The movie, original motion picture score, and this song all remind me of Wildwood, New Jersey. I don't know why, it just happened. This is one of the best songs from Cyndi Lauper and I'm happy to know that it was included in this incredible collection.
If you are a Cyndi Lauper fan, then you need to buy a copy of this collection. It's worth all the money you pay and you are guaranteed to be impressed.

V2 Greatest Hits (W/3 New Tracks)
V2 Greatest Hits (W/3 New Tracks)
Offered by FastMedia "Ships From USA"
Price: CDN$ 20.51
16 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Hits Vol. II (2001), June 21 2004
Almost 10 years have gone by since the release of Gloria's first greatest hits compilation. A lot has happened between these two compilations, but she is back with yet another greatest hits album. This one includes the hits from 1994 to 2000.
TURN THE BEAT AROUND
From the album Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me (1994). The album Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me (1994) is an album that contains all of Gloria's renditions of older songs she has loved when she was growing up. This hit was one of those songs. Originally recorded by the late Vickie Sue Robinson, Gloria turned this one into an undestroyable hit.
EVERLASTING LOVE
From the album Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me (1994). Originally recorded by Carl Carlton, Gloria made the better rendition and nobody can deny that. The music video is said to be Gloria's favorite because she wasn't in it. She was about to give birth to her daughter, Emily, when the time came to shoot this video. She said that she was not getting in front of the camera, not even for a close-up. She asked herself, 'Who can do me better than me?' She said it was an easy answer, for she had performed many live shows where she spotted a lot of men dressed up as her. She thought that those guys were great impersonating her, so they went out to scout for five guys who would want to become Gloria in this video. They got five guys to do the job. One of them wore the actual dress that Gloria used in her Live For Loving You music video. Not a replica, the exact one. She thought the guys did a great job in the video, she took two of them as dancers on the road for her Evolution world tour.
REACH
From the album Destiny (1996). From the 1996 Summer Olympics Games Album (1996). In 1996, Gloria was asked to record the main theme for the '96 Summer Olympics. Gloria was more than thrilled, but she didn't have any idea of what to write. Diane Warren, famous songwriter, came to Gloria with a title called Reach. In fifteen minutes, they came up with the unbelievable hit. It is one of my favorites and always will be.
IF WE WERE LOVERS (English Version)
Previously unreleased. Spanish version from the album Mi Tierra (1993). Back in late 1990, after the accident, Gloria had written this song for the Into The Light (1991) album. She even recorded it, but she cut it from the final selections because she didn't think it would fit with the rest of the album. While recording for the Mi Tierra (1993) album, she decided to use this song, but record it in Spanish, being that the Mi Tierra (1993) album is a Spanish album. This greatest hits collection marks the first album to include the English version of this great song.
YOU'LL BE MINE (PARTY TIME) (Single Mix)
Original version from the album Destiny (1996). This is really no different from the original, but it's still a classic.
HEAVEN'S WHAT I FEEL
From the album Gloria (1998). For starters, she called her 1998 dance fused album Gloria because the front cover features only her eyes behind a blue circle. Her full name is not printed on the front cover, so calling it Gloria would indicate that this is an album by Gloria Estefan. Secondly, this song was originally recorded by Celine Dion, while she was recording for her Let's Talk About Love (1997) album. Unfortunately, Celine did not choose it in the final song selections. Celine is good friends with Gloria, so she let her hear the song. Gloria loved the lyrics and melody so much, that she asked to re-record the song. Celine, of course, gave the Okay, and Gloria released it as the first single from her album, Gloria (1998).

I'M NOT GIVING YOU UP (Single Remix)
Original version from the album Destiny (1996). Gloria recorded this song for the album Destiny (1996), but the album contains the ballad version. She also recorded a dance remix version. A lot of her fans really enjoyed the dance remix, but they never had the chance to buy the dance remix because it was not available on any album or any of the singles, so she decided to put it here. The album version is much better.
MUSIC OF MY HEART (with *NSYNC)
From the original motion picture & soundtrack Music Of The Heart (2000). This theme song inspired Wes Craven's Music Of The Heart. The film stars Meryl Streep, Aidan Quinn, Angela Basset, and, in her first starring role, Gloria Estefan. She had a fun time shooting this film as it was, but she had even more fun when she recorded this song with *NSYNC. They both had an amazing time together and still remain great friends.
OYE
From the album Gloria (1998). Not bad.
YOU CAN'T WALK AWAY FROM LOVE
New song. From the original motion picture Original Sin (2001). Not bad.
OUT OF NOWHERE
I GOT NO LOVE
New Song. Not bad.
Y-TU-CONGA (Remix of Conga)
Original version of Conga from Miami Sound Machine's album Primitive Love (1985). Gloria has said that for years, her son, Nayib, has been wanting to do a remix of Conga and she finally made an album where she could allow him to do so. She said that Conga has always been one of her favorite songs and she loves to know that people, even today, 19 years after it's release, love it still. She said that this remix is her favorite remix because her son had taken part in remixing it.
Gloria still has a way of winning her fans over and she does so by releasing this second greatest hits compilation. Buy this album and we'll see what's next in store for Gloria.

V1 Greatest Hits
V1 Greatest Hits
Price: CDN$ 9.49
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Hits (1992), June 21 2004
This review is from: V1 Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Back in the early 80s, Gloria Estefan was known as the lead of the band Miami Sound Machine. Gloria joined the band in 1978, after she tied the knot with bandmate, Emilio Estefan. Nothing happened until 1984 when Miami Sound Machine released Eyes Of Innocence. The only hit from that album was Dr. Beat, which wasn't even a major hit, for they didn't get any recognition.
In 1985, Miami Sound Machine released Primitive Love, their second album, the album that got them their recognition. Then, in 1986, they changed the name to Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine because Gloria was the main focus. In 1987, Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine released their third album Let It Loose. In 1989, they released Cuts Both Ways. This was their last album together as a band. In 1990, Gloria was in a fatal bus accident, which could have left her paralyzed for life, but luckily, the doctors took care of that, for she has two metal rods in her back, preventing her from being paralyzed. In 1991, Miami Sound Machine became Gloria's back up band, while she became a solo act. In 1991, she released Into The Light, which reflected on her accident.
In 1992, she released her first greatest hits album. I know what you are all thinking, "How can she release a greatest hits album where she only released her first solo album the year before?" Well, she was basically Miami Sound Machine, the fans only focused on her. So the hits on this album are the Miami Sound Machine hits, being that she was the focus of the band. This is an amazing greatest hits. I should know because I grew up with Gloria when my mother was a huge fan of hers.
CONGA
From Miami Sound Machine's album Primitive Love (1985). One of the best songs ever. This song was played in a lot of movies. I can only name one movie where this song was played and that movie is the hit comedy, The Birdcage, which starred Robin Williams, Nathan Lane, Gene Hackman, Dianne Wiest, Christine Baranskie, Dan Futterman, Hank Azaria, and Ally McBeal's Collista Flockhart.
WORDS GET IN THE WAY
From Miami Sound Machine's album Primitive Love (1985). This was the song that made Gloria famous. It is one of the best romantic break-up songs ever and is a favorite of my mother's and mine.
CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM YOU
From Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine's album Let It Loose (1987). Another amazing song. She talks about how they've broken up and it's bad for her to stay with her ex, but she loves him so much that she simply just 'Can't stay away from him'.
1-2-3 (Remix)
Original version from Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine's album Let It Loose (1987). The album version is much better than this.
RHYTHM IS GONNA GET YOU
From Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine's album Let It Loose (1987). This is a great song, with a great beat.
ANYTHING FOR YOU
From Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine's album Let It Loose (1987). Not a favorite of mine.
HERE WE ARE
From Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine's album Cuts Both Ways (1989). When I first heard this song, which was back in 1989 when I was at the age of four, I loved this song. I used have my mother play it at least five or six times a day just to keep me happy. During the years when my family and I would drive down to Florida, we would play a lot of Gloria's music. When my father wanted to take a break from driving, he would climb in the back and have a nap, while my mother took over the driving with me in the passenger seat. She would play the Cuts Both Ways album and when this song came on, I would sing the whole thing without a problem. I have a lot of great memories of this song.
GET ON YOUR FEET
From Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine's album Cuts Both Ways (1989). Another great song.
DON'T WANNA LOSE YOU
From Gloria Estefan & Miami Sound Machine's album Cuts Both Ways (1989). Not a favorite of mine.
COMING OUT OF THE DARK
From the album Into The Light (1991). This was the only hit from the Into The Light (1991) album. This was the song that reflected the most on her bus accident. I wish she would have included Live For Loving You, which is also from the Into The Light (1991) album. My mother and I used to sing that one as well.
CHRISTMAS THROUGH YOUR EYES
Previously unreleased. This was Gloria's first Christmas song and she had written it for her son, Nayib. In fact, this is the second song she recorded for her son, the first song is called, Nayib's Song (I Am Here For You), and it can be found on the Into The Light (1991) album. In 1993, a year after this album, Gloria recorded a Christmas album entitled, Christmas Through Your Eyes, where she added this song to it.
I SEE YOUR SMILE
Previously unreleased. This is a beautiful song. I recommend that everyone listen to this song.
GO AWAY
ALWAYS TOMORROW
Previously unreleased. Okay.
I've been a fan of Gloria's for years and she will always remain as one of the best female performers of the world today.

Twelve Deadly Cyns...And Then
Twelve Deadly Cyns...And Then
Price: CDN$ 14.81
43 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Twelve Deadly Cyns ...And Then Some (1994), June 21 2004
Cyndi Lauper was a sensation in the early 80s. She started to flop with the releases of A Night To Remember in 1989 (her third album) and Hat Full Of Stars in 1993 (her fourth album). This album is a collection of Cyndi's hits from the first four albums and they are her most greatest hits, despite the fact that The Goonies 'R' Good Enough, the hit theme from the film, The Goonies, is not included on here.
I'M GONNA BE STRONG
Previously unreleased. Back in 1980, Cyndi Lauper was in the band named, Blue Angel. They recorded and released their self-titled debut album, which went nowhere. On that album was a song, I'm Gonna Be Strong. Cyndi re-recorded the song for this collection and it is an amazing song and a good way to pay her respects to her band.
GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN
From the album She's So Unusual (1983). Everybody says that Cyndi Lauper's first album, She's So Unusual, was released in 1984. That, ladies & gentlemen, is a typo. The album was released in 1983. Girls Just Want To Have Fun was the first single from the album and it is still a great song with fun-filled energy.
MONEY CHANGES EVERYTHING
From the album She's So Unusual (1983). A great song.
TIME AFTER TIME
From the album She's So Unusual (1983). One her best songs. The song was even played in the hit film, Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion (1998), starring Mira Sirvino as Romy and Lisa Kudrow (best-known as Phoebe Buffay on TVs Friends) as Michelle.
SHE BOP
From the album She's So Unusual (1983). This song shocked everyone around the world when it was revealed that the song is about female masturbation. It's still an awesome song, even today.
ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT
From the album She's So Unusual (1983). A great song.
CHANGE OF HEART
From the album True Colors (1986). One of only three songs I love from the True Colors (1986) album. If you listen closely, you'll hear The Bangles providing back-ups.
TRUE COLORS
From the album True Colors (1986). Second of only three songs I love from the True Colors (1986) album. Great guitar sound.
WHAT'S GOING ON
From the album True Colors (1986). This is not the third song that I love from the True Colors (1986) album. The third song from the True Colors (1986) album that I like is her rendition of Iko Iko. This was originally recorded by Marvin Gaye and I find it just as bad as his.
I DROVE ALL NIGHT
From the album A Night To Remember (1989). The album was a flop and that explains why this song was the only hit from the album. People seem to dislike the albums that are actually unbelievably amazing. A Night To Remember (1989) is my favorite album from Cyndi Lauper and this song is one of the best.
THAT'S WHAT I THINK
From the album Hat Full Of Stars (1993). A great song. I don't know what the rest of the HFOS album sounds like, though, because I don't have that one.
SALLY'S PIGEONS
From the album Hat Full Of Stars (1993). Not a great song.
HEY NOW (GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN)
Previously unreleased. That's right, this is a re-recorded version of her classic hit, Girls Just Want To Have Fun. Frankly, I prefer the original.
COME ON HOME
Previously unreleased. Okay.
Containing only the best of her hits, this is a must-have Cyndi Lauper album.

V1 Collectors Series
V1 Collectors Series
Price: CDN$ 9.49
25 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Collector's Series Volume 1 (2000), June 21 2004
This review is from: V1 Collectors Series (Audio CD)
In 2000, Celine had already started her first of the two-year hiatus she decided to go on, so she and Renee could start a family of their own, so she could spend more time with Renee after learning of his illness, so she could see her own family more often. On October 24, 2000, Celine Dion's album, The Collector's Series Volume 1 was released, containing the hits that didn't make it onto her '99 album All The Way... A Decade Of Song. This is yet another amazing album and it's an album only Celine could put together.
THE POWER OF THE DREAM
Performed at the opening ceremony of the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games. Nothing less than beautiful.
WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW
From the album Unison (1990). Where Does My Heart Beat Now was Celine's first single ever and it is one of her absolute best.
US
From the album Let's Talk About Love (1997). Not bad.
THE REASON
From the album Let's Talk About Love (1997). Not bad.
SEDUCES ME
From the album Falling Into You (1996). Okay.
WITH THIS TEAR
From the album Celine Dion (1992). Even though this was written by Prince, who I loathe with a passion, this is a beautiful song. I only credit Prince for his exellent ability to write. He is only a great lyricist.
FALLING INTO YOU
From the album Falling Into You (1996). Not bad.
POUR QUE TU M'AIMES ENCORE
From the album The French Album (1995). This is the French version of the song If That's What It Takes. The English version of If That's What It Takes can be found on the album Falling Into You (1996).
UN GARCON PAS COMME LES AUTRES (ZIGGY)
From the album Dion Chante Plamondon (1994). Okay.
BE THE MAN (ON THIS NIGHT)
Previously unreleased. Not bad.
TELL HIM (with Barbra Streisand)
From the album Let's Talk About Love (1997). From Barbra Streisand's album Higher Ground (1997). Both Celine and Barbra have beautiful voices, but when you put them together, you are guaranteed to cringe with chills. Their voices together on one song are nothing less than beautiful.
THE PRAYER (with Andrea Bocelli)
From the album These Are Special Times (1998). Beautiful song. Andrea Bocelli has an amazing voice. This is added to the "dedications" list of mine.
ALL BY MYSELF (Spanish Version)
Previously unreleased. The English version is better.
AMAR HACIENDO EL AMOR
ONLY ONE ROAD
From the album The Colour Of My Love (1993). Not bad.
THAT'S THE WAY IT IS
From the album All The Way... A Decade Of Song (1999). Great song.
This is an album that everyone should own. Buy it and you'll see that you'll enjoy it.

All the Way...A Decade of Song
All the Way...A Decade of Song
Price: CDN$ 5.00
55 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars All The Way... A Decade Of Song (1999), June 21 2004
In 1999, Celine had learned that her husband and manager, Renee Angelil, had become diagnosed with throat cancer. Celine was already considering a two-year break, so she and her husband can start a family of their own and so she can see her own family more often, but after learning of Renee's diagnosis, she decided it was time to stop for two years. In doing so, she released her tenth album, All The Way... A Decade Of Song. This is a 16-track album, where the first nine songs are her English-language greatests hits from 1990 to 1998, while the last seven are new songs. It's an amazing album and only Celine Dion has the voice to sing these songs.
THE POWER OF LOVE
From the album The Colour Of My Love (1993). This was originally recorded by Laura Brannigan back in 1988, but Celine Dion gave us the definitive version. I know that what I am about to say is something that I've said a million times, but I have to say it again: This is another song for my late grandfather, only this time, this song was dedicated to him by my grandmother. The lyrics are perfect for the the two of them because they most definitely had The Power Of Love.
IF YOU ASKED ME TO
From the album Celine Dion (1992). This one has always been one of my favorite Celine songs. It's a classic hit all the way.
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (with Peabo Bryson)
From the original motion picture & soundtrack Beauty And The Beast (1991). From the album Celine Dion (1992). Definitely one of the most romantic Disney songs I've ever heard. Celine and Peabo sing it beautifully.
BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME
From the original motion picture Up, Close, & Personal (1996). From the album Falling Into You (1996). Another beautiful song. This is my mother's dedication to my grandfather and it's the perfect song for her.
IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW (Single Version)
Original version from the album Falling Into You (1996). The album version ran to 7 minutes and 37 seconds, while this version runs to 5 and a half minutes and it is known as a power ballad. Both versions are incredibly beautiful and it's the song that made me a fan.
LOVE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS
From the album Celine Dion (1992). A great song and among the many songs that was written by Diane Warren.
TO LOVE YOU MORE
From the album Let's Talk About Love (1997). I used to love this song, but now I think I wore it out for myself because I don't like it like I used to, but it's still a great song.
MY HEART WILL GO ON
From the original motion picture & soundtrack Titanic (1997). From the album Let's Talk About Love (1997). The Titanic may have sank, but this is a song that cannot sink, no matter how hard you tried to sink it. Her voice has always been known to be one of the most beautiful of voices, but her voice on this one gives Beautiful a whole new meaning.
I'M YOUR ANGEL (with R. Kelly)
From the album These Are Special Times (1998). A beautiful song and another one of my dedications.
THAT'S THE WAY IT IS
New song. Celine has said that she was getting sick and tired of having people write her ballads. She said that she does like ballads and she does enjoy singing them, but she does like up-tempo songs too. Max Martin had written this song with Celine in mind, so when he came to Celine with this song, Celine, excited about it, accepted the offer. It is, indeed, an up-tempo song and a great one.
IF WALLS COULD TALK
THE FIRST TIME EVER I SAW YOUR FACE
New song. Although this is a beautiful song, nobody can do it like Roberta Flack. Roberta's version is the definitive classic.
ALL THE WAY (virtual duet with Frank Sinatra)
New song. This song was originally recorded by Frank Sinatra. Celine had planned to re-record this whole song by herself, but she decided to make it a duet. Being that Frank had already passed on, Celine made this a virtual duet by recording over half of the song he sang and leaving in the other half. She remade this one because it is her and her husband's "song".
THEN YOU LOOK AT ME
New song. Okay.
I WANT YOU TO NEED ME
New song. Diane Warren has written many great songs for Celine, including, Love Can Move Mountains, If You Asked Me To, I Love You Good-Bye, Nothing But My Broken Heart, Real Emotion, Next Plane Out, The Colour Of My Love, & Because You Loved Me. She has written yet another beautiful song for Celine and it's right here.
LIVE
New song. Not bad.
Celine has given us an incredible greatest hits album and all of you should own it. If not, then buy it, you'll enjoy it.

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits
Price: CDN$ 17.81
17 used & new from CDN$ 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Hits (2001), June 21 2004
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This album was released in the same year as the album GLITTER. Mariah released this one to make up for GLITTER's failure and it certainly worked. This one contains all of Mariah's hits from 1990 to early 2000.
Disc 1:
VISION OF LOVE
From the album Mariah Carey (1990). This was Mariah's very first single. It was also her first #1 hit. It is an incredible hit and it will remain as Mariah's best.
LOVE TAKES TIME
From the album Mariah Carey (1990). Although I love to hear ballads, this one doesn't seek my approval as I had hoped. But it went on to become Mariah's second #1 hit.
I DON'T WANNA CRY
From the album Mariah Carey (1990). Another ballad that does not seek my approval, even though it was Mariah's third #1 hit.
SOMEDAY
From the album Mariah Carey (1990). One of the best break-up songs I ever heard. A song like this should be a #1 hit and, obviously, it did in becoming Mariah's fourth #1 hit.
EMOTIONS
From the album Emotions (1991). Doesn't really appeal to me as much, but it did become Mariah's fifth #1 hit single. She knows how to keep herself in the #1 spot.
CAN'T LET GO
From the album Emotions (1991). This is a beautiful song and it was Mariah's sixth #1 hit single. It would be her last #1 hit for awhile.
MAKE IT HAPPEN
From the album Emotions (1991). This is a great song. In this song, she talks about how she went from being a nothing to being a somebody. This is an incredible song that became a #2 hit, when it should have became a #1 hit.
I'LL BE THERE (live with Trey Lorenz)
From the album MTV Unplugged EP (1992). In 1992, Mariah went put together a live televised concert called MTV UNPLUGGED. She peformed three songs from her first album, three songs from the Emotions album, and she performed this track, which is her rendition of the original Jackson 5 hit. Not only did she perform this song, she performed it with Trey Lorenz. Not bad.
DREAMLOVER
From the album Music Box (1993). Although I do not approve of this song too much, Mariah found herself back at the #1 spot with this one.
HERO
From the album Music Box (1993). This is a song that all of Mariah's fans can relate to. A lot of her fans have had some problems in their lives and they've found that this song has helped them through their problems. When I lost my grandfather three years back, this song helped me through the painful grief I experienced. I'm still in my grief, but this song took most of my pain away. This is a beautiful song and it earned the #1 spot.
WITHOUT YOU
From the album Music Box (1993). I cannot remember who originally recorded this song, but I did hear the original and I was not impressed. When heard Mariah's rendition, I was blown away. It is definitely a classic remake.
ANYTIME YOU NEED A FRIEND
From the album Music Box (1993). A nice song for your best friends.
ENDLESS LOVE (with Luther Vandross)
From Luther Vandross' album Songs (1994). The original was recorded by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross and I think that one is a lot better than this one.
FANTASY
From the album Daydream (1995). At this time in Mariah's career, she started experimenting a little more with hip hop and R&B, but her sound was still strong in the Pop era. This another awesome hit.
Disc 2:
ONE SWEET DAY (with Boyz II Men)
From the album Daydream (1995). A beautiful song.
ALWAYS BE MY BABY
From the album Daydream (1995). I'm sick and tired of hearing this one, although it is a great song.
FOREVER
From the album Daydream (1995). I remember hearing this when I started middle school and I never knew the name of it until I got the album when I was in the eighth grade. I always wanted to know the name of this one because it was and is another favorite of mine.
UNDERNEATH THE STARS
From the album Daydream (1995). Not her style.
HONEY
From the album Butterfly (1997). By this time, Mariah broke away from her conservative style and became a new and improved sexy-as-hell Mariah, taking complete control of her career. She even got more into the rap-hip-hop-R&B sound. This hit shows that and it's an awesome hit, but the Butterfly album isn't what I expected.
BUTTERFLY
From the album Butterfly (1997). Not a bad song.
MY ALL
From the album Butterfly (1997). This is yet another beautiful Mariah song. That Spanish sound and Mariah's voice combined is nothing less than beautiful.
SWEETHEART (with JD)
From the album #1's (1998). Not impressed.
WHEN YOU BELIEVE (with Whitney Houston)
From the original motion picture & soundtrack The Prince Of Egypt (1998). From the album #1's (1998). From Whitney Houston's album My Love Is Your Love (1998). This is yet another amazing Diva duet. It is yet another beautiful song and another dedication to my grandfather.
I STILL BELIEVE
From the album #1's (1998). This was originally recorded by Brenda K. Starr who gave Mariah a shot as a back-up. This is Mariah's beautiful tribute to Brenda.
HEARTBREAKER (with Jay-Z)
From the album Rainbow (1999). One of the best from Mariah.
THANK GOD I FOUND YOU (with 98 Degrees & Joe)
From the album Rainbow (1999). Although a beautiful song, I wish 98 Degrees had at least one or two solos.
CAN'T TAKE THAT AWAY (MARIAH'S THEME)
From the album Rainbow (1999). Beautiful song and Mariah is right. No matter what, people can't take away your success and your personality.
ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU (SO SO DEF MIX) (with Jermaine Dupri & Lil' Bow Wow)
Original version from the album Merry Christmas (1994). The album version is much better.
Some songs lack, but overall, it's an amazing album. So, buy it.

Jaws [Import]
Jaws [Import]
Offered by thomasvideo
Price: CDN$ 25.00
6 used & new from CDN$ 5.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Jaws (1975), June 16 2004
This review is from: Jaws [Import] (VHS Tape)
Jaws is the one movie that can only be created by Spielberg. Adapted from Peter Benchely's best-selling novel of the same name, Jaws has attracted audiences around the world for many years since it's theatrical release almost thirty years go. I have never seen a movie this amazing in my life. The shark itself was what made this movie so terrifying.
The film starts off with a party by a bonfire on the beautiful beach of Amity Island in New York state. The first victim is CHRISSY WATKINS. She goes off for a swim, but is viciously killed by a great white shark. Roy Scheider is in the role of MARTIN BRODY, Amity Island's chief of police. Brody seems to have a good life. He moved to Amity Island from NYC with his wife, ELLEN (played by Lorraine Gary), and his two sons, Michael and Sean. He wakes up the next morning and gets a call about Chrissy's murder. He stops by the office where the medical inspector calls Brody and gives him the probable cause of death: shark attack. Frightened and concerned, Brody rushes out of the office and begins to find a way to put a stop to this. While trying to shut the beaches down, LARRY VAUGHN (played by Murray Hamilton), the mayor of Amity Island, doesn't want Martin to do anything that involves closing the beaches, for Vaughn is one greedy S.O.B. The next afternoon, while the town is lying on the beach, little boy by the name of ALEX KINTAR becomes the shark's next victim. Brody panics and finally decides to put a stop to this. He calls shark expert MATT HOOPER (played by Richard Dreyfuess). The two team up and find a way to put to end it. While in the middle of doing so, the town meets QUINT (played by the late Robert Shaw), a somewhat eccentric fisherman who requests that he be given the job of killing the great white terror for $10,000,000. Brody doesn't care how much Quint wants as long as he kills the shark. The next day, a bunch of Amity's local fishermen, led by Ben Gardner, catch what they think is a shark. The type of shark they caught was a tiger shark, which means that they were nowhere near even catching the one they were after, for the one they're after is a great white. Later that night, Hooper stops over to see Martin. The two decide to go with Hooper's idea: Cut open the tiger shark to see if this is the right shark. The digestive system of all sharks is extremely slow, meaning whatever the tiger shark has eaten in the last 24 hours is bound to still be within the shark. If they cut open the shark and happen to see the Kintar boy come rolling out, then they've caught the shark. They cut it open and find only two fish, a tin can, and a license plate. Tiger sharks are like garbage disposals, they'll eat anything in their pathes. They concluded that the tiger shark is definitely not the killer shark. Hooper informs Brody that sharks mostly feed at night, so they head out to find the killer shark. Instead, the end up finding Ben Gardner's boat all banged up. Hooper investigates, but checking the bottom of the boat, but finds Gardner's dead body. The two try to convince Vaughn to keep the beaches closed, especially on July 4th, but as Greedy as Vaughn is, he refuses.
July fourth arrives and all seems well, for Brody has brought extra security, led by Hooper. But all that changes when everybody in the water rushes out in fright, for they see a huge fin. The fin turned out to be a card-board fin created by to little pranksters. Everybody thinks it's okay until a girl notices the actual killer shark in the pond, where Brody's son Michael, and his friends are floating along in a boat. Brody and Ellen rush towards the pond when the shark knocks over the kids' boat. Michael is then seen being dragged out of the water by Brody and his friends. He appears unharmed, but is in shock. Brody then looks out and finally decides to hire Quint to do his job.
Brody and Hooper join Quint on the journey to kill what has been terrorizing the peaceful island of Amity for the past two weeks. They come close to getting him, but fail. By the next morning, the three continue on with their job. Hooper decides the only to actually do this is for him to get into a shark cage and stab the shark with a spear filled with poison, but that fails for the shark tears the cage up like it is nothing. As for the boat, it begins to sink for there is a huge hole in the bottom of it. The shark comes up onto the boat as it sinks even further. Quint begins to slide towards the shark as Brody grabs him, but he loses his grip. Quint, unfortunately will never see the $10,000,000 he requested, for the shark took care of that. Brody, seeing Quint dead, thinking Hooper is dead, is all alone. He grabs one of Hooper's air tanks and throws into the sharks mouth. Brody goes back on deck, grabs a rifle and takes him. He begins shooting at the shark. Before taking the last shot, Brody sees the shark coming towards him with the tank in sight and finally shoots the tank which causes the shark to explode into nothing, but a bloody pulp.
I can't describe this as good as Peter Benchely wrote in his novel, not as good as it is shown in this amazing movie, but I did the best I could. If you have not yet seen this movie, then you are long overdue. Buy this film and I guarantee that you'll be watching it over and over again.

Very Best of Cher
Very Best of Cher
Price: CDN$ 20.56
36 used & new from CDN$ 9.30

5.0 out of 5 stars The Very Best Of Cher (2003), June 16 2004
This review is from: Very Best of Cher (Audio CD)
This was released to coincide with her Farewell tour. I think it's also an extention of the If I Could Turn Back Time-Cher's Greatest Hits (1999) album, but this is even better because you are getting more Cher then you expected.
BELIEVE
From the album Believe (1998). One of the best songs of 1998. Cher scored herself yet another #1 with this one. I even dedicated to my grandfather. I know that you are all saying, 'What is he thinking, dedicating a break-up song to his grandfather?' Well, my grandfather loved this song so much that I had to dedicate it to him.
IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME
From the album Heart Of Stone (1989). You know this is a classic all the way.
HEART OF STONE
From the album Heart Of Stone (1989). Another classic hit. Gotta love that acoustic guitar.
JUST LIKE JESSE JAMES
From the album Heart Of Stone (1989). Irresistible.
SAVE UP ALL YOUR TEARS
From the album Love Hurts (1991). Not bad.
AFTER ALL (with Peter Cetera)
From the original motion picture Chances Are (1988) and from the album Heart Of Stone (1989). A classic hit. I want to give you all a tip: whenever doing karaoke, don't ever do this one. I did this one with my cousin's girlfriend. I was fine with the solo parts, but until I got to the chorus, I screwed up left and right.
I FOUND SOMEONE
From the album Cher (1987). Not bad.
ONE BY ONE (Remix)
Original version from the album It's A Man's World (1996). The album version is better.
ALL OR NOTHING
From the album Believe (1998). Okay.
SONG FOR THE LONELY
From the album Living Proof (2002). Cher dedicated this one to Governor Pataki, Mayor Gulianni, the firefighters, and the people of NYC. This is a great song and Cher is wise to dedicate it to the people of NYC. If I did this song, I would have dedicated it to them as well.
TAKE ME HOME
From the album Take Me Home (1979). Gotta love Cher's disco era.
THE SHOOP SHOOP SONG (IT'S IN HIS KISS)
From the original motion picture & soundtrack Mermaids (1990). So much better than the original.
ALL I REALLY WANT TO DO
From the album All I Really Want To Do (1965). Not bad.
BANG BANG (MY BABY SHOT ME DOWN)
From the album The Sonny Side Of Cher (1966). Horrible. The 1987 remake is better.
HALF-BREED
From the album Half-Breed (1973). Okay.
GYPSYS, TRAMPS, & THIEVES
From the album Gypsys, Tramps, & Thieves (1971). A good one.
DARK LADY
From the albums Half-Breed (1973) & Dark Lady (1974). Not bad.
THE BEAT GOES ON (Sonny & Cher)
From Sonny & Cher's album Look At Us (1966). Bad.
I GOT YOU BABE (Sonny & Cher)
From Sonny & Cher's album Look At Us (1966). Classic.
A DIFFERENT KIND OF LOVE SONG (RODNEY JERKINS MAIN MIX FASTER)
Original version from the album Living Proof (2002). Album version is better.
This is definitely the very best of Cher. If you want to experience it, you'll have to buy it.

If I Could Turn Back Time: Cher's Greatest Hits
If I Could Turn Back Time: Cher's Greatest Hits
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 16.02
26 used & new from CDN$ 3.76

5.0 out of 5 stars If I Could Turn Back Time-Cher's Greatest Hits (1999)`, June 16 2004
We all know that Cher got her start with Sonny, when the two were a recording duo, with their own variety show back in the early sixties. While in the middle of their marriage, their recording career, and televsion career, Cher was also a solo artist. Her first solo album, All I Really Want To, was released in 1965 and from that point on, Cher became another one of the biggest female solo artists around. Her marriage to Sonny, their recording career, and variety show didn't last too long, but Cher had her solo career to fall back on. This album, which was released in 1999, is kind of an indication of what Cher has accomplished.
LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING
From the album Love Hurts (1991). Not that much of a great song.
SAVE UP ALL YOUR TEARS
From the album Love Hurts (1991). This is much better than LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING. This song was actually Cher's choice for the first single from the Love Hurts (1991) album, but, for some reasons, LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING was chosen as the first single instead.
THE SHOOP SHOOP SONG (IT'S IN HIS KISS)
From the original motion picture & soundtrack Mermaids (1990). I don't know who originally recorded this song, but the original sucked. Cher had enough descency to bring it back with a vengence.
AFTER ALL (with Peter Cetera)
From the original motion picture Chances Are (1988). From the album Heart Of Stone (1989). Some people think that this was the first single from the Heart Of Stone (1989) album, but they're wrong. This song was released as a single in 1988, the same exact year Chances Are was released. This is a beautiful song and if there is anybod out there who watches the show FRIENDS, I hope you all know that if the show went on to have Ross and Rachel tie the knot, this song would have been perfect as their wedding song.
IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME
From the album Heart Of Stone (1989). This was the first single from the Heart Of Stone (1989) album and what a song it is. It's a classic Cher song. The video, however, showed us Cher in her most revealing outfit anyone has ever seen. Cher performs on a Naval battleship, surrounded by a bunch of sailors. She wears a completely see-through stocking-material outfit, where a black leather strap covers her chest and her privates. When she turns around, her buttocks is shown with tattoos covering it. Yes, they are indeed real tattoos.
JUST LIKE JESSE JAMES
From the album Heart Of Stone (1989). This is actually a country-western song. It doesn't fit Cher's sound, but it's definitely one of my favorite songs.
HEART OF STONE (Remix)
Original version from the album Heart Of Stone (1989). This is not too much of a remix. The acoustic guitar is just a little heavier and one line is changed. Instead of saying, 'With a heart of stone, you'll be well protected. With a heart of stone, you'll be well connected', she says, 'With a heart of stone, you'll be well protected. With a heart of stone, love's not resurrected'. Still a great song.
I FOUND SOMEONE
From the album Cher (1987). First off, the album that was released in 1987, which is entitled, Cher, isn't the first self-titled album Cher has ever done. She released her first self-titled album back in 1966 and that album featured songs like, Alfie, Where You Do You Go, Bang Bang (which was put on this album after it made its first appearance on The Sonny Side Of Cher, which was released before this album), etc.. This is an okay song.
WE ALL SLEEP ALONE
From the album Cher (1987). Not bad.
BANG BANG (1987 Version)
From the album Cher (1987). In 1966, Cher released her album, The Sonny Side Of Cher. One of the album's singles was a song that Sonny had written for her and it was called Bang Bang. Now, 21 years after recording the album and song, Cher decided to re-record the song to make it more like a rock song. This version is so much better than the original.
TAKE ME HOME
From the album Take Me Home (1979). This is a classic disco song. From 1976 to 1979, Cher knew how to dress like it was the disco and she knew how to give music that sounded like disco.
DARK LADY
From the album Dark Lady (1974). This song wasn't originally recorded in 1974. Cher had included this on the album Half-Breed, which was released in 1973. Not a bad song.
HALF-BREED
From the album Half-Breed (1973). An okay song.
THE WAY OF LOVE
From the album Half-Breed (1973). Not that great.
GYPSYS, TRAMPS, & THIEVES
From the album Gypsys, Tramps, & Thieves (1971). A good one.
I GOT YOU BABE (Sonny & Cher)
From Sonny & Cher's album Look At Us (1966). We all know this is a classic.
This collection is one of the best from Cher and if you are a fan, then you'll buy it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14