march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno
Profile for Kelly > Reviews

Content by Kelly

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Kelly (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Anne Of Green Gables
Anne Of Green Gables
by L.M. Montgomery
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Shows that dreams really come true, Dec 26 2002
Take one little girl that is all alone in the world and then and make all her dreams come true. This happens in this book. We see Anne go from being a girl that has imaginary friends and no family to being the happiest girl alive. She gains a family, friends, and the island that she loves most in the world. This book shows you that even when life looks down, it is possible to get better. When you feel like the world is letting you down, this is the book to turn to, it makes your problems seem like nothing.

Anne Of Avonlea
Anne Of Avonlea
by L.M. Montgomery
Price: CDN$ 4.88
37 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Dec 26 2002
If you like Anne of Green Gables in any way, you have to read the other books in order to see her grow up. She stills continue to get in trouble, romance with Gilbert continues, just about anything that can happen, happens. These books fulfill everything that you could ever want out of a book.

A House Like a Lotus
A House Like a Lotus
28 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best, Dec 26 2002
This review is from: A House Like a Lotus (Hardcover)
This book is very compelling as books go. It is not what you expect, and is not really what you normally can expect from L'Engle. It is a bit different. I enjoy reading about the kids from the original books being all grown up and having their own children roaming the world and having adventures. I look forward to more.

Camilla
Camilla
29 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only for children, Dec 26 2002
This review is from: Camilla (Mass Market Paperback)
I am not a big fan of saying this is a "child's book" because I was not a child when I read this book. It is a timeless and ageless book, one for the entire family. If you haven't read it, you should, no matter how old you are. It has issues that everyone faces, whatever age you are.

Troubling a Star
Troubling a Star
28 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book!, Dec 26 2002
I find this book quite interesting, there are a lot of twists and turns and hidden secrets that you almost never even thought of until they are revealed.

And Both Were Young
And Both Were Young
21 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

A Ring of Endless Light
A Ring of Endless Light
45 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of her best, Dec 26 2002
This is is by far one of my favorite novels by L'Engle. I find that it gives you the capacity to think about what the world would be like if you were someone else. The book covers things that happen to many people around the world, but it also touches on things that don't happen, but no one can say are not possible.

Meet the Austins
Meet the Austins
33 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

The Young Unicorns
The Young Unicorns
24 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Not only for children, Dec 26 2002
I am not a big fan of saying this is a "child's book" because I was not a child when I read it/ It is a timeless and ageless book, one for the entire family. If you haven't read it, you should, no matter how old you are.

The Arm of the Starfish