Profile for Kristin Spicker > Reviews

Content by Kristin Spicker

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Kristin Spicker

Page: 1 | 2
Moon Bay Area Biking: 60 of the Best Rides for Road and Mountain Biking
Moon Bay Area Biking: 60 of the Best Rides for Road and Mountain Biking
by Ann Marie Brown
Price: CDN$ 13.51
23 used & new from CDN$ 8.49

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a changing world!, Sept. 20 2014
Book is okay. I think that this may be the last cycling book that I buy. Nothing against this book. but ALL cycling books. The routes change, conditions change and books just can't keep up. I found that the best way to find out about rides is to check out the websites of local cycling clubs and to visit local bike shops- the information is more current.

Lifeproof 1001-03 Case for iPhone 4/4S-Retail Packaging, Pink
Lifeproof 1001-03 Case for iPhone 4/4S-Retail Packaging, Pink
Offered by TPLB Market
Price: CDN$ 73.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 55.88

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd one, March 8 2014
This Lifeproof case is not as good as my first although they are identical even in colour. This one failed the leak test every time. I haven't go around to talking to LIFEPROOF though. Perhaps they will give me an exchange?

The reason I had to buy another is because the hinge part at the bottom broke off twice. Price of the part was so much that it wasn't worth repairing, I bought a hole new one. However, I do like the resiliency of the LIFEPROOF case.

Lifeproof was pretty good at getting me new parts for free while my case was still on warranty.

The Muppets Christmas Carol 50th Anniversary Edition (Bilingual)
The Muppets Christmas Carol 50th Anniversary Edition (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Steve Whitmire
Price: CDN$ 15.00
28 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars still scary, March 8 2014
I bought this DVD because I thought it would tell the Dickens story in a nonscary way. The children that saw the movie with me still found the ghosts scary. I think that if the children were older (8 or so) it would be fine but the six year olds thought it was scary. The show itself was well made.

The Hundred-Foot Journey: A Novel
The Hundred-Foot Journey: A Novel
by Richard C. Morais
14 used & new from CDN$ 9.58

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for foodies!, March 8 2014
I was lukewarm towards the book as I am not enraptured with food/cooking/serving etc. The book gives a fictional inside look at the workings of high end and lowend cooking establishments as well as the relationships between the people who work there.

Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother
Breville BREBMF600XL Milk Café Frother
Price: CDN$ 132.00
10 used & new from CDN$ 117.71

5.0 out of 5 stars fast and quiet, March 8 2014
Pros- can do big batches
Cons- can not do very small batches

Lid plastic is brittle. I dropped mine and it has already broken in the finger hold

Lonely Planet New England's Best Trips 2nd Ed.: 2nd Edition
Lonely Planet New England's Best Trips 2nd Ed.: 2nd Edition
by Lonely Planet
Price: CDN$ 17.55
32 used & new from CDN$ 15.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Fall Foliage Tour, Oct. 17 2013
Pros:The book was current and had some good ideas. We didn't stay at any of the suggested places though so I can't speak to that.. We used the planned route to do a fall foliage tour last week and it was good

Cons:. The section on Boston was a little small as there is much to see and do in Boston.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, July 15 2013
Pros- lightweight- I took it on expeditions "off the grid"
Didn't test the amount of charges. It claims 5 full charges. I charged and Iphone 4s twice and a blackberry twice on one charge
Cons- lightswitch accidentally goes off when in a pack.

Vinturi 5-Pack Filter Screens
Vinturi 5-Pack Filter Screens
Price: CDN$ 17.78
9 used & new from CDN$ 17.78

5.0 out of 5 stars fits perfectly, July 15 2013
Pros- fits, quick delivery
Cons- price- 1/3 of price of entirely new VInturi, Don't really need a 5 pack- 3 would be better.

Clara Clark 1800 Series 3-pc Luxury Silky Soft Duvet Cover set - Includes 2 Pillow Shams - Queen Size White
Price: CDN$ 53.01

4.0 out of 5 stars As promised, March 25 2013
I loved the duvet covers and the price. I did not like the button closure as it wasn't really as clean a look as I like.

A Guide to the Best Bike Rides in Tucson, Arizona: Cycling Tucson, Arizona
A Guide to the Best Bike Rides in Tucson, Arizona: Cycling Tucson, Arizona
by Alan Fischer
Edition: Perfect Paperback
Price: CDN$ 16.87
14 used & new from CDN$ 11.26

3.0 out of 5 stars time saver, March 25 2013
Pros: A group of 4 of us just went to Tucson strictly to ride our road bikes. This book facilitated our planning of where to stay and where to ride. Some of the rides were fabulous. We loved the Saguaro National Park rides. Thanks to the author for the information on McCain Loop as it was probably one of the best rides I have ever been on . We used the book to give us basic ride maps and updated it with local knowledge from chatting with others.
Cons: The author is more tolerant of uneven pavement than I am (Silverbell road was just awful).

Page: 1 | 2