Profile for Me > Reviews

Content by Me

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Me

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
by J.K. Rowling
93 used & new from CDN$ 2.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter as usual, Nov. 29 2013
The Harry Potter books are great, what can I say? This one had a particularly good twist at the end.

Byrd & Chen's Canadian Tax Principles, 2013 - 2014 Edition, Volume I & II with Study Guide
by Clarence Byrd
Price: CDN$ 150.25
9 used & new from CDN$ 139.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good if you like taxes, Nov. 29 2013
This book does a great job of explaining things, and the Study Guide even provides a checklist of reading and exercises in the order in which they think it would be beneficial to the student.
One objection I have is the numbering of each paragraph (it's a little distracting). Also, the answers given for the questions in the back often combine calculations into one step, which is very confusing if you don't already understand the steps individually. So it sometimes takes a little while to figure out where I went wrong if my answer doesn't match the book's, because I did the question in steps that the answer doesn't have.

Lois & Clark: Season 4
Lois & Clark: Season 4
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 51.42
10 used & new from CDN$ 18.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Season 4, Nov. 29 2013
This review is from: Lois & Clark: Season 4 (DVD)
The series was better at the beginning, before Lois and Clark ended up together, because the whole "will they" or "won't they" thing made it more interesting.
Also, the show ended too suddenly. There was no explanation given for the baby at the end (though I've heard that's because they didn't know they weren't going on to a fifth season when they filmed the final episode of the fourth).

Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - The Complete Third Season
Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - The Complete Third Season
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 54.59
10 used & new from CDN$ 5.58

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this show, April 18 2012
Lois and Clark is a great show, and I've always loved it. These DVD's contained the complete 3rd season as promised. But the special features were definitely not worth mentioning on the box. The topics in them weren't that interesting, and they were too short to even be worth watching. But the show itself is great!

Lois and Clark: The Complete Second Season
Lois and Clark: The Complete Second Season
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 58.57
15 used & new from CDN$ 13.50

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Lois and Clark!, March 17 2012
This set of DVD's was great, show-wise. I loved this show when I was a teenager, and it's nice to be able to watch it again. Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain did such a good job with their relationship. I was a little disappointed with the bonus features. I was hoping for some interesting interviews and such, but there wasn't much.