Profile for tafwg > Reviews

Content by tafwg

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"tafwg" (Ocala, FL USA)

Japanese
Japanese
by Pimsleur
Edition: Audio CD
5 used & new from CDN$ 147.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and simple... but also so easy to remember!, Dec 18 2003
This review is from: Japanese (Audio CD)
I purchased the set after trying to learn Japanese with another product. The other product was teaching me words for "connecting train" and "first-class train car," but never how to use them in a sentence or with proper grammar. The Pimsleur set is a million times better. At the end of the first Pimsleur lesson (in which I heard no words that were in the other set) I could easily understand what they were saying. Contrary to the instructions, though, I've made a point of listening to the lesson twice...once in the morning going to work and once in the afternoon driving home. Sometimes (like if I skip a day) I'll listen to it once more the next day to refresh, but all the refreshing that is really needed is taken care of during the next lesson. I love the way they theme each lesson and build upon word groups naturally. "Excuse me. Nice day, isn't it?" becomes "Excuse me. Good afternoon." and then "Excuse me. Good afternoon, Miss Tanaka." and "Good afternoon, Miss Tanaka. What will you drink?" I really can't emphasize what a great product this is! I just wish the further lessons weren't so expensive!