Profile for K. Gwendalina Langlois > Reviews

Content by K. Gwendalina ...

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

K. Gwendalina Langlois (Canada)

Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes
Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes
by Ani Phyo
Price: CDN$ 17.33
48 used & new from CDN$ 7.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great!, Feb. 4 2009
This book is fantastic! I really enjoyed reading this book and I still enjoy to consult it, almost every day. It gives a lot of tips in as much area as you can imagine to become more responsible regarding our planet. It gives also some information about general thing like the importance of hydration, what is the difference between ionized salt and sea salt, etc. There is a description of some food that we are not necessary used to consume like maca, spirulina, hemp protein, etc.
But the BEST thing in this book is her wonderful recipes! There are delicious! Some have nutritional information which is great. What I really appreciate also is that there are a lot of images and pictures, there is a picture beside each recipe to show what you will need to prepare the recipe (blender, food processor,knife) she says how long the recipe will keep in the fridge, she gives tricks to do her recipe and even what other recipe could be great with the one you are preparing... The book couldn't be more complete and interesting to consult.
Sincerely, the book made me appreciate Ani Phyo as if she could be my best friend by its way of seeing life and nutrition. If you were doubtful about being raw, Ani Phyo will give you the interest of becoming at least partly raw!
I recommand this book for everbody, especially for those who are buying their first raw food book.

La gymnastique faciale
La gymnastique faciale
by Catherine Pez
4 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Le visage, qui aurait pensé l'entraîner!?, Feb. 4 2009
This review is from: La gymnastique faciale (Paperback)
Ce livre est très bien fait. Il contient beaucoup d'information et d'image sur la façon de faire les exercices en indiquant quel muscle est visé par l'exercice. Il explique aussi l'effet qu'aura la pratique de cet exercice spécifique sur le visage. Si vous pouvez acheter le livre incluant un DVD, cela est très pratique, car elle démontre elle-même comment faire les exercices et donne des petits trucs. La dernière partie du livre explique de façon plus spécifique ce qu'est la peau, ses fonctions et tout. C'est très intéressant.
Il est clair que de stimuler les muscles faciaux spécifiquement est une bonne chose, car cela apporte un regain de flux sanguin de façon à stimuler la production d'élastine et de collagène naturelle de la peau. rien à voir avec les petites crèmes soit disant efficace!
Un livre à acheter pour ceux et celles qui veulent prévenir les rides ou les diminuer, mais aussi donner pour du tonus et un regain de vie à votre visage...souvent oublié!

The Thrive Diet: The Whole Food Way to Losing Weight, Reducing Stress, and Staying Healthy for Life
by Brendan Brazier
Price: CDN$ 17.33
31 used & new from CDN$ 4.40

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, Feb. 4 2009
This book offers a lot of informations regarding the food we are eating. It demonstrates why sometimes we do not have as much energy as we expect even if we are eating "good things" and training a lot. The reason is stress. Everything causes stress in our life, even food. The Thrive diet explains what we should eat to obtain more energy by eating(sometimes)less. The key is to eat what don't requires much energy to digest. The Thrive diet gives simple recipes to create and that gives a lot of good energy. I did not follow the 12 weeks meal plan, but there are a lot of recipe really good. There is a couple that does not suit me, but everbody is different!
Sincerely, I really enjoyed (and still enjoy!) this book since there are lots of good tips, good recipes and interesting information.
I recommand to buy this book, you will not regret it!