ARRAY(0xaddb0d5c)

Profile for Sharama > Reviews

Content by Sharama

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Sharama "Sharama" (United States)

Paris Sweets: Great Desserts From the City's Best Pastry Shops
Paris Sweets: Great Desserts From the City's Best Pastry Shops
by Dorie Greenspan
Price: CDN$ 21.95
26 used & new from CDN$ 5.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, June 8 2004
I've read through Paris Sweets and plan to bake my way through it too :-) Dorie Greenspan has a love for her subject and a way with prose that will make you wish you could tour the pastry shops of Paris at her side. I've made the almond cake (aka Montmartre Square; yummy) and the Strawberry Marshmallows (if you try anything in here, try those) and am in love. The Fresh Strawberry and Marshmallow Tart is next on my list, and until then the anecdotes and adorable illustrations keep me glued. Thanks, Dorie!

The Whimsical Bakehouse: Fun-to-Make Cakes That Taste as Good as They Look
The Whimsical Bakehouse: Fun-to-Make Cakes That Taste as Good as They Look
by Kaye Hansen
30 used & new from CDN$ 1.77

5.0 out of 5 stars This one goes to "11" :-), April 8 2004
I'll borrow the old "Spinal Tap" line, "This one goes to '11'" :-) and add that I'm sorry I can only rate it a "5". It's inspirational, fun, and will have you making a mental list of cakes, fillings, ideas, etc. that you won't rest until you've gone through them all. (By the time I reached the "Cookies and Cream" filling I'd already gained a few tons in virtual pounds ;-) I highly recommend to anyone who has a sense of fun and loves to bake. Yum.

Colette's Christmas: Spectacular Holiday Cookies, Cakes, Pies and Other Edible Art
19 used & new from CDN$ 1.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Feast, April 8 2004
If you're a Christmas junkie like me you'll *love* this book. The author manages to make breathtaking edibles that capture the season and will have you trying them out regardless of the time of year. Truly inspirational!!