boutiques-francophones Auto Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden
Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Amazon Customer "jhface" (Toronto, Ontario Canada)

Laurel & Hardy: The Essential Collection [Import]
Laurel & Hardy: The Essential Collection [Import]
Price: CDN$ 129.69
20 used & new from CDN$ 90.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great., Nov. 14 2015
I've only gotten to disc 5 so far but I'm struck by two things - how good Oliver Hardy was, and how choppy some of the movies are. Pardon Us was barely watchable and some of the others have been hit and miss with some truly inspired moments along the way. However, the laughter evoked from my 8 year old son makes this collection all the more enjoyable.

Living Road
Living Road
Price: CDN$ 16.75
12 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One day...., Feb. 14 2004
This review is from: Living Road (Audio CD)
I was listening to this while walking home from the subway, and as I exited the station "Soon this space will be too small" came on. There was a gentle snow falling, and everything was quiet and it was the perfect moment. My personal soundtrack for that particular moment. Haunting.

Hasta Siempre (Cuba)
Hasta Siempre (Cuba)
2 used & new from CDN$ 112.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I luck out again, Feb. 14 2004
This review is from: Hasta Siempre (Cuba) (Audio CD)
I tend to buy things that "look good", even though I'm unfamiliar with the artist. I bought this when I was in Cuba, and was amused to find out it was made in Canada. But, I obviously was destined to travel many miles in order to hear this beautiful music.
Get it. Have I ever steered you wrong before?

Offered by USA_Seller_4_Canada
Price: CDN$ 252.85
11 used & new from CDN$ 73.33

5.0 out of 5 stars "I just had a backyard coathanger job from the sinner sorter, Jan. 24 2004
This review is from: Hole (Audio CD)
the soul aborter." Who writes like that? A CD packed with such expressive writing that the images become ingrained. Braingrained. I tend to get songs imbedded in my head for, what could be, years. I used to mumble "Sick Man", "I'll meet you in Poland, Baby" " Cold day in Hell" while traversing the city. People just bring it out in me.
A great wedding CD. Highly recommended.

Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 182.95
8 used & new from CDN$ 74.30

5.0 out of 5 stars "Sideburn and napalm aftershave headache", Dec 30 2003
This review is from: Thaw (Audio CD)
"Don't Hide It Provide It" is the nastiest piece of music I own, and it's brilliant. I hounded the DJ at a club I used to frequent to play this, and when he finally did I danced. Exuberantly.
"A Prayer For My Death" is extremely well written (it's even better live on "RIFE").
Probably the last great Foetus recording made.

Price: CDN$ 22.96
32 used & new from CDN$ 11.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to be missed., Sept. 6 1999
This review is from: Girl (Audio CD)
One listen of 'Over the Rainbow' is all it takes. A truly remarkable recording.