Profile for jhface > Reviews

Content by jhface

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"jhface" (Toronto, Ontario Canada)

Living Road
Living Road
Price: CDN$ 16.37
15 used & new from CDN$ 8.93

5.0 out of 5 stars One day...., Feb. 14 2004
This review is from: Living Road (Audio CD)
I was listening to this while walking home from the subway, and as I exited the station "Soon this space will be too small" came on. There was a gentle snow falling, and everything was quiet and it was the perfect moment. My personal soundtrack for that particular moment. Haunting.

Hasta Siempre (Cuba)
Hasta Siempre (Cuba)
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 86.84
2 used & new from CDN$ 72.37

5.0 out of 5 stars I luck out again, Feb. 14 2004
This review is from: Hasta Siempre (Cuba) (Audio CD)
I tend to buy things that "look good", even though I'm unfamiliar with the artist. I bought this when I was in Cuba, and was amused to find out it was made in Canada. But, I obviously was destined to travel many miles in order to hear this beautiful music.
Get it. Have I ever steered you wrong before?

Hole
Hole
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 147.76
7 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars "I just had a backyard coathanger job from the sinner sorter, Jan. 24 2004
This review is from: Hole (Audio CD)
the soul aborter." Who writes like that? A CD packed with such expressive writing that the images become ingrained. Braingrained. I tend to get songs imbedded in my head for, what could be, years. I used to mumble "Sick Man", "I'll meet you in Poland, Baby" " Cold day in Hell" while traversing the city. People just bring it out in me.
A great wedding CD. Highly recommended.

Thaw
Thaw
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 137.95
5 used & new from CDN$ 92.84

5.0 out of 5 stars "Sideburn and napalm aftershave headache", Dec 30 2003
This review is from: Thaw (Audio CD)
"Don't Hide It Provide It" is the nastiest piece of music I own, and it's brilliant. I hounded the DJ at a club I used to frequent to play this, and when he finally did I danced. Exuberantly.
"A Prayer For My Death" is extremely well written (it's even better live on "RIFE").
Probably the last great Foetus recording made.

Girl
Girl
Price: CDN$ 17.58
25 used & new from CDN$ 11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to be missed., Sept. 6 1999
This review is from: Girl (Audio CD)
One listen of 'Over the Rainbow' is all it takes. A truly remarkable recording.