Profile for Carol C. > Reviews

Content by Carol C.

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Carol C. (Calgary, Alberta)

KitchenAid Stand Mixer Pasta Roller Accessory Set
KitchenAid Stand Mixer Pasta Roller Accessory Set
6 used & new from CDN$ 259.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Homemade Pasta Made Easy, Dec 29 2011
I love pasta and my figure. To balance the two, I eat pasta less often, but when I do, I indulge in the best kind. I have made pasta in manual machines, with the KA attachment, I find it far easier because:
- Can use both hands to feed and receive the pasta dough rather than using one to crank the machine.
- Freedom to position and reposition the work area; unlike a manual one, I had to rig it to fit on my counter top and makes a big mess on the floor.

Once you have made pasta a few times, you wonder why you buy the chemically ones at the store. I just dry mine in a nest style on a baking sheet overnight, put it in a ziplock bag, I have it handy for the next meal or give it away!

Joseph Joseph Scoop Colander, Green
Joseph Joseph Scoop Colander, Green
Price: CDN$ 11.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best and only slotted utensil one really needs, June 8 2011
It is perfect for fishing out pasta, wontons, perogies, fries ... etc. from boiling water or fryers. Modern and functional.

Trudeau 8-Inch Strainer,Steamer with Lid, Blue
Trudeau 8-Inch Strainer,Steamer with Lid, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best kitchen gadgets!, May 4 2011
I love kitchen gadgets, but they have to be beautiful, well-made, useful, space-saving, and multi-tasking. This thing fits the bill on all fronts!

I use it as a strainer for veggies, pasta ... etc. And I really like the ability to only "open" it up to half the height if that is all I need.

Haven't used it as a steamer yet, but I imagine it'd work really well like other silicone steamers.

Another huge bonus is the lid. It's useful for steaming and I like to throw the lid on my washed veggies for use later. Very handy.

It doesn't hurt that I love the color. :)

Messermeister TGB-SET 4-Piece Edge-Guard Set, Translucent Blue
Messermeister TGB-SET 4-Piece Edge-Guard Set, Translucent Blue
Price: CDN$ 14.25
4 used & new from CDN$ 14.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Space saving and work as advertised, May 4 2011
Good product. There are too many beautiful kitchen objects that I want to display on my kitchen counter, but I despise clutter. So I retired my knife block and want to keep my knives SAFELY in the drawers. These guards are perfect for what I wanted.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 - Wii
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 - Wii
6 used & new from CDN$ 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfies the Winter Golfer in You, April 4 2009
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
During the long winter months, a perfect cure for the winter golf blues.

The courses are amazing, the game is just as frustrating as in real-life (especially the putting), which makes it sort of tortuously fun.

The interface could use some tweaking; I really don't want to have to be asked 4 times to save a profile every time a change is made.

One big flaw though: only one person can play in a tournament at a time; I can't play in the same tournament with another Wii player.

All in all, pretty fun game.

Order Up! - Wii
Order Up! - Wii
Offered by Deal Tavern USA
Price: CDN$ 38.42
9 used & new from CDN$ 4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Challenging, April 4 2009
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Order Up! - Wii (Video Game)
This game is so much fun and ADDICTIVE. I got all my friends hooked on it; a great one person game.

Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
by James Patterson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
197 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Dumbfounding. Flabbergasting, Feb. 21 2006
(Spoiler ... can you really spoil a bad thing?)
I thought this book was a joke. I truly believe if he is not an accomplished writer in mystery, this book will never be published (if that's not the case, God help us all ...)
For example, in one page the protagonist was sobbing on a public ferry while the other passenger stared on. A couple pages later, the protagonist said to herself "too much self-control, that's my problem." He/She can't be serious.
I think Nicholas is lucky that he doesn't get to read the diary; if I have to read about my parents' foreplay of their first love-making session, no therapy will ever be able to de-traumatize me. (Oh, but the author "sensitively" put "that's all I am going to say about that" ... hello! You said waaaay too much already.)
I read it for a book club, and all 10 of us HATED it. We had a book bashing session instead of our usual discussion.

Small Spaces: Making the Most of the Space You Have
Small Spaces: Making the Most of the Space You Have
by Rebecca Tangueray
20 used & new from CDN$ 2.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't stop flipping through it, May 5 2004
I live in a modest size condo, and my brother has recently purchased one as well. So I was more looking for some good books for my brother, but I couldn't put this one down, and ended up buy another copy for myself.
Some great ideas, and good illustrations.