Profile for D. Cooksley > Reviews

Content by D. Cooksley

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

D. Cooksley (Canada)

Just Dance 2 - Wii Standard Edition
Just Dance 2 - Wii Standard Edition
Offered by Entertainment Centre
Price: CDN$ 16.99
55 used & new from CDN$ 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the first!, Feb. 9 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Great game! We enjoy this one just as much as the first. It has something for everyone - our personal favorites are Katti Kalandal (so much fun!), Iko Iko (quite a workout), and I Want You Back. Can't wait for the third one to come out. I'll be first in line to grab it!

Just Dance - Wii Standard Edition
Just Dance - Wii Standard Edition
Offered by Hitgaming Video Games
Price: CDN$ 14.00
38 used & new from CDN$ 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game!, Feb. 9 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
What a great game for kids and adults! It is quite the workout but so much fun. Our favorites so far are Ring My Bell, Womanizer, and Hot N Cold. It has something for everyone - boys, girls, and adults.

Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain
Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain
by Portia de Rossi
Edition: Audio CD
Price: CDN$ 37.60
14 used & new from CDN$ 17.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, Feb. 9 2011
I really enjoyed this audio CD, and I think Portia did a beautiful job writing and narrating her book. Very interesting to read what she had been through while we were watching her on Ally McBeal and after. I especially enjoyed her discussion about feminism, The Beauty Myth, and her healthier relationship with food. I would recommend this book to any woman.

Gumdrop Tree (Trade Edition) (Cloth)
Gumdrop Tree (Trade Edition) (Cloth)
by ELIZABETH SPURR
5 used & new from CDN$ 83.92

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most beautiful books, Oct. 27 2006
My children (and I) adore this book. The illustrations are really cool, and the story is really sweet. Parents will especially enjoy the last picture at the end of the book which explains how the gumdrop tree actually grew gumdrops. My 2 year old loves it and my 7 year old still loves it, so I would recommend it for ages 2 and up.

Best of Billy Joel Piano Solos
Best of Billy Joel Piano Solos
by Billy Joel
Price: CDN$ 12.28
27 used & new from CDN$ 5.78

1.0 out of 5 stars A Disappoinment, Oct. 24 2006
I was pretty disappointed with this book. I was expecting a Billy Joel version of the Elton John Piano Solos book (which I STRONGLY recommend) but it was NOTHING like it. The chords weren't anything as full as the Elton John book, and it was definitely not a book for the advanced pianist. Something was just missing. Always the optimist, I'm off to buy Billy Joel's Fantasies and Delusions.

Grand Avenue
Grand Avenue
by Joy Fielding
Edition: Unbound
Price: CDN$ 9.89
9 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!, Feb. 21 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Grand Avenue (Unbound)
I would have to say that this was the best book I have ever read! I enjoyed it so much that everything in my life had to take a backseat for two days. Fielding developed her characters so well, and all four women in this book had such different, but interesting lives.
Definitely read this one!