Profile for Bob > Reviews

Content by Bob

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Bob (Montreal, Qc, CANADA)

Page: 1 | 2
Access All Areas (CD+DVD)
Access All Areas (CD+DVD)
Price: CDN$ 27.72
11 used & new from CDN$ 15.07

5.0 out of 5 stars I had bought the original VHS of this show way ..., Feb. 15 2015
I had bought the original VHS of this show way back in 1993, at a Steve Hackett show. Please note that this DVD is similar to a couple out there, one being Live legends. This is the Complete broadcast while the others omit 2 or 3 tracks. As for the CD, half of it has been released on the Time Lapse CD, as acknowledged in the liner notes. I would have to say that this release is for completists, as most of the songs have been relesased on Steve Hackett's Live Archive series of CD and DVD.

The Fly Collection (The Fly [1958] / Return of the Fly [1959] / The Curse of the Fly [1965]) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ David Hedison
Price: CDN$ 38.53
5 used & new from CDN$ 28.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The Fly was good. The Return of the Fly was good too, Feb. 10 2015
I bought this collection because I remember seeing the first 2 movies on TV as a kid. For it's day, The Fly was good. The Return of the Fly was good too. The Curse of the Fly wasn't as good as its predicessors. All in all, a good deal for the price.

Quadrophenia: Live In London (2CD)
Quadrophenia: Live In London (2CD)
Price: CDN$ 23.99
43 used & new from CDN$ 16.22

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT! Any fan of The Who would, Feb. 2 2015
LOVE IT! Any fan of The Who would. It was a great way to re-live the concert I saw on that tour. Special nods to the John Entwistle and Keith Moon tributes within the show!

5 Album Set
5 Album Set
Price: CDN$ 24.17
20 used & new from CDN$ 13.30

3.0 out of 5 stars I only gave it 3 stars because I only really like 2 of the set (Sons and Fascination and New ..., Feb. 2 2015
This review is from: 5 Album Set (Audio CD)
These CD's bring back memories from my days in University. I only gave it 3 stars because I only really like 2 of the set (Sons and Fascination and New Gold Dream). But at that price, It's well worth the price if you are a fan of Simple Minds or any of these 5 CD's

Homeland: The Complete Third Season
Homeland: The Complete Third Season
DVD ~ Claire Danes
Price: CDN$ 26.49
4 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as the previous seasons, Sept. 29 2014
3/4 through it. Just as good as the previous seasons.

The Munsters: The Complete Second Season
The Munsters: The Complete Second Season
DVD ~ Fred Gwynne
Offered by MotionPicturesUnlimited
Price: CDN$ 45.98
12 used & new from CDN$ 18.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Munster-rific, Nov. 8 2005
I`ve been waiting a year for this one.
The shows are all great.
The bonus features are great as well: 3 Biography shows on Fred Gwynne, Al Lewis and Yvonne De Carlo.
The packaging leaves something to be desired. The 3 double sided DVD`s are in a digipack in the shape of Herman Munster`s head. The plastic slip case is a bit too tight, and my digipack is already showing signs of wear. I`m afraid that very soon, the bolts on Herman`s head will fall off.
As Herman might say: Content Goody, Goody, Goody!
As for the packaging: Darn, Darn, Darn!

Genesis - A Critical Review: The Gabriel Years 1970-1975
Genesis - A Critical Review: The Gabriel Years 1970-1975
DVD ~ Genesis
5 used & new from CDN$ 14.95

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE!!!, May 18 2005
THIS IS A DOCUMENTARY ON GENESIS, WITH SOME SONG EXTRACTS.
SONGBOOK IS A MUCH BETTER DOCUMENTARY.

The Munsters: The Complete First Season
The Munsters: The Complete First Season
DVD ~ Fred Gwynne
Offered by Only Rarities
Price: CDN$ 82.00
16 used & new from CDN$ 16.13

4.0 out of 5 stars The Munsters on DVD, Sept. 8 2004
What can I say?
This is the second-best t.v. show ever. The Beverly Hillbillies comes in first.
I saw all of the original series as a kid, first run then as re-runs. I last saw the Munsters over 10 years ago, and got to tape all but 2 or 3 episodes.
This set is a welcome addition to my collection. The terrible pilot included!
I've been watching this boxset with my 10 year old daughter, and she laughs almost as much as me. Although I have to explain the odd play on words to her, it's still highly amusing.
We can't wait for the second series to be released.

Steve Hackett - Hungarian Horizons: Live in Budapest 2002
Steve Hackett - Hungarian Horizons: Live in Budapest 2002
DVD ~ Steve Hackett
Price: CDN$ 24.99
20 used & new from CDN$ 15.12

5.0 out of 5 stars In a word : WALLY!!!, June 11 2004
All I can say is that if you already enjoy Steve Hackett's work, you probably already have it. If you don't: SHAME ON YOU!!!
This is some of his best accoustic work, and there are some nice surprizes also. (Firth of Fifth, Hands of the Priestess)
I cannot say enough about this dvd.

Tommy (Dlx Ed)
Tommy (Dlx Ed)
Price: CDN$ 28.10
26 used & new from CDN$ 19.67

1.0 out of 5 stars I can't comment on SACD, but..., Feb. 12 2004
This review is from: Tommy (Dlx Ed) (Audio CD)
This is the 3rd and hopefully last cd of Tommy I'm going to buy. I had the double, and then the single cd re-master. CD 1 is the original album, and CD 2 are out-takes and demos.
Is it worth it?
I'd say yes if you are an avid Who fan and completist, as I am.
The casual fan should get the regular re-mastered version.

Page: 1 | 2