Profile for J. Brown > Reviews

Content by J. Brown

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

J. Brown (NC, USA)

Test for Echo
Test for Echo
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 22.95
12 used & new from CDN$ 2.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, yet just as excellent!, Dec 10 2003
This review is from: Test for Echo (Audio CD)
This album expresses what is so great about RUSH: They push musical limits and try to generate a special mix of rhythms and sounds on each and every song! When I first listened to this album, I was surprised at the different approach taken with it, yet it proves to be another fantastic experience. I have loved RUSH since I was young (during the early days of the band), and I find this to be another exciting and enjoyable piece of art from one of the greatest bands ever.

Vapor Trails
Vapor Trails
Price: CDN$ 9.62
42 used & new from CDN$ 3.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great One!!!, Dec 10 2003
This review is from: Vapor Trails (Audio CD)
After reading a couple of negative reviews (which is hard for me to believe), I decided to express my excitement for this album! I have loved rush since the early days, and find this to be another great disc. It does vary from much of the early songs (a little more "edgy"), but that is what RUSH has always been about - experimenting and expanding the limits! Excellent!
The mastering is just fine! No problems with the sound quality at all! (Pssst! Here's a clue: IT'S ROCK!)

Windows Forms Programming with C#
Windows Forms Programming with C#
by Erik Brown
18 used & new from CDN$ 6.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and Refreshing, Oct. 1 2003
I must admit that I agree with the other reviewers, because I was VERY impressed with this book, considering some of the junk that's being published these days. It's organization was well thought out; the explanations and layout of the code examples was very easy to follow, though the content was not for the C# or programming novice (thankfully); and even the print type was easy on the eyes. It's refreshing to find a book that's truly well worth the money. It's a great book that I consider one of the best in my library.