Profile for Angela McClelland > Reviews

Content by Angela McClelland

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Angela McClelland (Wheeling, WV USA)

Spirit Stallion Of The Cimarr
Spirit Stallion Of The Cimarr
Price: CDN$ 8.16
30 used & new from CDN$ 4.27

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope the movie is as good as the soundtrack!, May 15 2002
I was really impressed with this CD. I was excited from the beginning, when I heard Bryan Adams was doing the music and Hans Zimmer was doing the score. I got all that I wanted when I listened to the CD for the first time.
It's set up much like the "Road to El Dorado" CD is: all the lyrical songs and then a few selections from the score. The theme of the movie, "Here I Am" is a really great song with a good beat. Bryan Adams' duet with Sarah McLauchlan for "Don't Let Go" is an exceptionally beautiful song and one of my favorites. "Get Off Of My Back" (the song heard in many of the previews) is great as well. I'd say the song I dislike the most is "You Can't Take Me", but I don't hate it enough to skip over it every time.
There are 4 selections from the movie's score on this CD, and they're all great. Hans Zimmer has always written great scores for animated films, and this is no exception.
I'd say my only complaint is the quality of the picture on the back of the case; you can practically count the pixels. But that's hardly a reason to lower the rating.
If you like Bryan Adams, I can pretty much guarantee you'll enjoy this CD!

Werewolf: The Apocalypse
Werewolf: The Apocalypse
by Brian Campbell
17 used & new from CDN$ 68.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners, March 12 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Werewolf: The Apocalypse (Hardcover)
I wanted to start playing an RPG with my friends. I heard Dungeons & Dragons was way too complicated so a friend suggested Werewolf.
My friends and I have been playing every Thursday for about a month now and we're having a -blast-.
This book really helped us beginners flesh out our first characters, and taught the history of the Garou (what the werewolves call themselves).
I'd say my only complaint is that some of the art wasn't all that great, but there is also a lot of good art. So that didn't affect my star rating.
I'd suggest getting the Werewolf Player's Guide as well, as it gets into a little more detail than this book. And don't forget to hit the local game shop to get a set of D-10 dice!

Master VISUALLY Dreamweaver 4 and Flash 5
Master VISUALLY Dreamweaver 4 and Flash 5
by Sherry Willard Kinkoph Mike Wooldridge Brock Bigard
14 used & new from CDN$ 18.18

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK, Feb. 26 2002
This book is a waste of money. If you want a great guide to Dreamweaver 4, this is about as far from one as you can get. There is more about Flash 5 than Dreamweaver, and there are more pictures than text. I'd suggest to leave this one on the shelf and check out Dreamweaver 4: The Complete Reference. You won't be dissappointed with that one.

Gorillaz
Gorillaz
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 13.31
44 used & new from CDN$ 3.18

3.0 out of 5 stars I'd get it used, Feb. 26 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Gorillaz (Audio CD)
I'll be honest. I hate rap. But when I saw the videos to "Clint Eastwood", "19/2000", and "Tomorrow Comes Today", I -had- to get this CD. It turned out to be an interesting mix of styles. I'd say half the CD is worth listening to, others like "Gravity" are like listening to nails on a chalkboard. I think the CD is good enough to buy, but I'd by it used so less money is spent.

Dreamweaver 4: The Complete Reference
Dreamweaver 4: The Complete Reference
by Jennifer Ackerman Kettell
19 used & new from CDN$ 3.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to navigate; makes learning Dreamweaver 4 easy, Feb. 26 2002
I basically just jumped into Dreamweaver 4 with no prior experience aside from a basic HTML program. I needed a book that I'd be able to understand and have enough visual reference so I know exactly what I was supposed to be clicking on. Originally, I had bought "Teach Yourself Visually: Dreamweaver 4 and Flash 5". I was extremely dissappointed in what it offered, so I returned it for "Complete Reference: Dreamweaver 4". It completely made up for the hassle of the first book return. It's easy to understand and easy to navigate through. I even found something specific by looking in the Table of Contents instead of the index. It also contains just enough pictures to be helpful instead of being an annoyance. I highly recommend this book, even if you're just beginning to learn Dreamweaver 4.

Small Gods
Small Gods
29 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Turtle Moves!!, Nov. 6 2001
Ce commentaire est de: Small Gods (Mass Market Paperback)
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. One of my friends suggested I not read this one yet, because she knew my habit of giving up on a book when bored with it. But being me, I read it anyway.
It was excellent. The way Pratchett describes how gods and goddesses come into power and shrivel into a mere ghost of their previous forms by basis of belief is superb. This is one of those books that entertain you all the way through, but soon you find yourself really thinking about what the content means or what it COULD mean.

Princess Mononoke [VHS] [Import]
Princess Mononoke [VHS] [Import]
3 used & new from CDN$ 65.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Made a believer of an anime-hater, Nov. 6 2001
I'll admit it. I've never liked anime, even before it became the craze it is now. When I heard about Princess Mononoke, I just shrugged it off and rolled my eyes. Gradually, as I began to hear more about it, I developed a curiousity for it. When I heard it was playing on Starz, I decided it would be a good chance to try it; after all, it was free.
-This movie blew me away.- The animation is superb (being an animation major in college, I'm picky about those things), the storyline interesting, and every shot was beautiful. My younger sister and I originally were watching it to make fun of it (as we do with many anime shows and movies) but we ended up loving the movie far more than we ever imagined. I loved the movie for the animation and the storyline (I am very into earth-based spirituality) and my sister loved the characters, especially the little Kodamas (tree-spirits)
If you're looking for a serious, inspirational animated movie, then look no further. Princess Mononoke is all that and much much more. I'm glad I "forced" myself to watch it that one time, otherwise I would have missed out on one of the greatest movies I have ever had the pleasure of seeing.

Fifth Elephant
Fifth Elephant
by Terry Pratchett
28 used & new from CDN$ 0.35

5.0 out of 5 stars My all time favorite book, March 4 2001
Ce commentaire est de: Fifth Elephant (Hardcover)
If you're going to get any Pratchett book, get this one. The story is amazing, and was so well written I actually laughed out loud in some places, cried in others, and even cheered. You easily connect to the characters: feeling Angua's torment, Carrot's determination, and Vimes' confusion and frustration as he tries to figure out the attempted murder mystery surrounding him. This is the best book I've ever read, Pratchett, fantasy or otherwise, and will remain hard to beat. I -highly- suggest this title.