Profile for Philip Scott > Reviews

Content by Philip Scott

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Philip Scott (U.S.A.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Isn't It Romantic
Isn't It Romantic
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 23.95
5 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars This cd is perhaps Michaels' finest contribution yet, July 20 2000
This review is from: Isn't It Romantic (Audio CD)
I may be wrong, but i think this is Michaels' finest cd yet. Let me try to explain why i think so. First off, he used Johnny Mandel to produce and arrange his music. Secondly, his material for this cd seems better than any other offering. Plus his voice appears as great as i have ever heard it. With all these plusis, i don't see how this project could not be his finest. I just wish Michael could turn out more quality work like this.
I WOULD LIKE TO STRONGLY, STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS CD

If It's Going To Be It's Up To Me
If It's Going To Be It's Up To Me
by Robert H Schuller
Edition: Audio Cassette
9 used & new from CDN$ 16.07

5.0 out of 5 stars You have the power, what are you waiting for, July 19 2000
As we all know, we have the power to rule ourselves. This being said, what are we waiting for? Maybe we are waiting for our rich uncle to die and leave us a million bucks. Well, keep dreaming, it probably won't happen. If it does happen, will we be any better at taking charge of our lives? Probably not!
Well the time is right to begin our long journey that lies ahead. This journey is the road that our lives follows.
As children, our paraents did everything for us, but as adults we seem to have a hard time making decisions about our lives. We seem to be waitning for some kind of push.
It's time we jump start our lives like this book suggests and try to make something happen in our lives. We need to learn how to motivate our selves to do bigger and better things.
I think this book can make a difference if we will read it and try to live by it. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK

The Be (Happy) Attitudes: 8 Positive Attitudes That Can Transform Your Life
The Be (Happy) Attitudes: 8 Positive Attitudes That Can Transform Your Life
by Robert Schuller
Price: CDN$ 9.92
81 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars ARE YOU A HAPPY PERSON, IF NOT READ THIS BOOK, July 18 2000
We in the United States have so much to be happy about, but are we happy? Everytime i go over seas i come back humbled. You see a lot of the foreign countries have a lot of poor people. This being said, i find that some of the poorest countries have people with some of the happiest hearts. You see it doesn't take money or mataerial goods to be happy.
I think we need to do a self inspection about our attitudes and see if we can make some adjustments.
This book tells about how to change your way of thinking about attitudes. Like the title suggests "THE BE HAPPY ATTITUDES", i think we can and should change our attitude about life. Life is beautiful thing and i think we should be happy to be alive.
I WOULD LIKE TO STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK.

How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
How to Stop Worrying and Start Living
by Dale Carnegie
Price: CDN$ 9.92
118 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars ARE YOU TIRED OF WORRING, READ THIS BOOK, July 17 2000
I know all of us get caught up in this worring thing, but i believe this book will help you eliminate a lot of this unnessary worring.
I have a lot of Dales' books and each one of them tells stories of real life experiences. This book contains a lot of helpful stories that can make a difference in your life. It tells how to be strong and not let the world get you down.
Dale has turned out to be one of my favorite writers. I always have a smile on my face after reading his books. If you will let him, Dale will make a difference in your life. Please give him a chance.
I would strongly recommend this book, as well as his other books.

The Courage to Be Rich: The Financial and Emotional Pathways to Material and Spiritual Abundance
by Suze Orman
Edition: Audio CD
Price: CDN$ 36.76
12 used & new from CDN$ 31.36

5.0 out of 5 stars HAVE YOU EVER DREAMED OF BEING RICH, WELL THERES MORE, July 17 2000
Everybody thinks that being rich will solve all your problems, but that's not the whole story. It's one thing to be rich, but another thing to hold on to what you have. You see, one could give a million dollars to a poor person and in no time they could become poor again. You ask why is this? The answer is this, if you don't know how to handle money, it will leave you in a hurry. To have money and be able to hold it takes some kind of training about money and how it works.
I think to be rich you need to learn self discipline and not to have a lot of wants as far as material goods go. It's always best to spend your money in moderation. That way you should never be broke.
Another thing that's important to know is that you are to rule your money, and not let it rule you. You should repect your money. but not worship it.
To be rich requires a lot of concern, for you have a lot riding on your every decision about it. You need to be able to always think clearly about your money and what you need to do with it.
I think this book will help prepare you for how to live the life of being rich. It really is a full time job. I hope you will like to work?

Sugar Busters!
Sugar Busters!
by H. Leighton Steward
113 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK CAN MAKE YOU TRIM, TRY IT, July 17 2000
This review is from: Sugar Busters! (Hardcover)
I have had to fight the battle for the bulge for many years. After buying many books about dieting i think i have finally found the one i have been looking for all my life. I had often wondered about how foods worked in the body. I hated to look a skinny people eating those candy bars and never gaining any weight. I wondered what their secret to beein skinny was. I think i have the answer now, and would like to share it with you.
The amount of insulin that our body produces to process food deterimines if we are fat. You see, the more fatty foods and carb foods we eat, the more insulin is required to process these foods. The insulin is used to help the cells store fat. Without a lot of insulin the cells do not store fat. The trick to being skinny then must be to eat foods that don't store. This book has a chart of all foods and the amount of sugar in each food. If we follow this chart then we will be able to choose the right foods.
To sum up this book, i think it can make a huge difference in your body weight. Please buy this book if you want a trim and lean body.

The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom
The 9 Steps to Financial Freedom
by Suze Orman
142 used & new from CDN$ 0.07

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK TELLS US ABOUT OUR FINANCIAL LIVES, July 15 2000
Suze is a very down to earth writer. She tells us about her real life experiences. At one pont in Suzes' life she was on top of the world, but lost everything by being too trusting to her co-employees. After a lot of soul searching and hard work Suze has been able to turn her life around and become even more successful than before. Sometimes failure teaches us how to come back stronger than ever. I believe anyone who buys this book and lives by it's teaching will be far ahead of the game of making money. Suze maps out what it takes to excel in finances. I would like to ask everyone out there to let Suze perform her magic in your lives. In good faith in can honestly recommend this book. Please buy it! You have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Kick In The Assets
Kick In The Assets
by Tod Barnhart
14 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR FINANCIAL LIFE, July 11 2000
Tod is a great writer about finances. I think his advice is sound and worth following. I have both of his books and have profited from both of them. I think we all need a kick every now in then to get us headed in the right direction. Tod sure gives us this kick with his book. I would recommend investing in this book. I don't believe you can own too many books on finances.

Millionaire's Notebook: How Ordinary People Can Achieve Extraordinary Success
Millionaire's Notebook: How Ordinary People Can Achieve Extraordinary Success
by Steven K. Scott
Price: CDN$ 19.95
39 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO BECOME A WINNER........, July 7 2000
Steve tells us in this book about all his failures. It seems that he couldn't hold a job for any length of time. Finally one day he woke up and realized what his true callling in life was. Once he realized what his purpose in life was, he went to the top. I think each and everyone one of us wonders from time to time what out true purpose for being really is. Some of us find the answer when we are young, and others seem to take a life time of asking questions and seem to never come up with a good answer. I think this book can point anyone in the right direction, but here again it's up to an individual to take postive action. I strongly recommend this book.

Five Rituals of Wealth: Proven Strategies for Turning the Little You Have Into More Than Enough
by Tod Barnhart
45 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars TO CHANGE YOUR LOT IN LIFE, READ THIS BOOK......., July 7 2000
Are you tired to never having enough money? May i please suggest that you read this book. It tells that the way to get wealth, is to give it away. I know this sounds strange to you, but Tod tells that the more money you give away, the more money will come back to you. I fully agree with this idea, for when i attend church and put money in the collection plate, i seem to always receive a lot of new money the next week. I think God loves a cheeful giver. Maybe you would like to put this idea to a test. I would strongly recommend this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10