Profile for Oakville Falls > Reviews

Content by Oakville Falls

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Oakville Falls (ROBBINSVILLE, NC, United States)

Amuse-Bouche: Little Bites of Delight Before the Meal Begins
Amuse-Bouche: Little Bites of Delight Before the Meal Begins
by Rick Tramonto
Price: CDN$ 28.84
36 used & new from CDN$ 16.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative recipes and fun to read!, Feb. 21 2003
About six months ago, I was forunate enough to attend an event Rick Tramonto provided the appetizer course to. After ordering the book, I discovered the array of aumse-bouche he included in the wonderful course I enjoyed, were also in this book. The razor clam recipe was out of this world. I have not had time yet to try any of the recipes at home, but must admit, I have on several occasions found myself flipping through the book, page by page enjoying the beautiful photographs of the dishes and dreaming of which I am going to make first.

Plays Debussy
Plays Debussy
Price: CDN$ 15.14
31 used & new from CDN$ 11.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful compliation of Debussy - Jacques Loussier's BEST!, Jan. 12 2003
This review is from: Plays Debussy (Audio CD)
I have many other Jacques Loussier CDs and although I completely enjoy his style and interpretations, this by far is my favorite CD. I could listen to it for hours. It is just beautiful!!

The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain: The 1999, 3rd Edition
The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain: The 1999, 3rd Edition
by Betty Edwards
26 used & new from CDN$ 9.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book !, June 10 2002
I have always admired people who could sit down and sketch out an object. I have made such attempts myself and have ended up frustrated and unhappy with what was on the paper. This book illustrates where my frustrations were coming from. I am a programmer by day and believe my left brain was dominating any attempts at drawing. Without this book, I never understood how as much as a tried to "view" the object and try to interpret to the page, some other part of myself would try to rush it and create lines that weren't there.
This past weekend I sat down and did several of the exercises and then set out into my garden to sketch. The results were amazing. I was able to quiet my left brain and I found myself able to interpret exactly what I saw.
I would recommend this book to anyone who has been frustrated and discouraged from drawing. It really made a difference in my work.