Profile for Rhoda Blaauw > Reviews

Content by Rhoda Blaauw

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Rhoda Blaauw (Kalispell, MT, US)

By Faith Alone
By Faith Alone
by Martin Luther
17 used & new from CDN$ 19.56

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book to own., May 12 2011
This review is from: By Faith Alone (Hardcover)
I highly recommend FAITH ALONE for daily devotions, along with regular Bible reading. Most unfortunately the editor(s) used the NIV version for the Scriptural texts; for me that is the only defect about the book. Nevertheless, FAITH ALONE is definitely worth having!

Tilly Trotter Wed
Tilly Trotter Wed
by Catherine Cookson
16 used & new from CDN$ 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Starts well; gets old., May 12 2011
This review is from: Tilly Trotter Wed (Paperback)
The Tilly Trotter series starts out pretty well, but Catherine Cookson gets old after a while. The story could have gone so differently, which would have made it a more enjoyable read. They make it look like her life was so bad, when if Tilly Trotter would not have been so proud & hard-headed, & if she had made better decisions, things no doubt would have gone better--but that was the author's decision! I was tired of Tilly Trotter by the time I finished the books.

The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant [Import]
The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant [Import]
DVD ~ Tony Martin
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 4.48
24 used & new from CDN$ 3.46

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest., May 12 2011
This movies was disappointing because they make Mary Bryant out to be a heroine of sorts, when she was really a loose, over-confident person. Tho' there were definite hardships one would hope to escape from, the path to freedom was at the cost of her husband's & children's lives, as well as being accomplished thru deceit & immorality. There are scenes that should have been left out that rather ruined the movie; I did not keep my copy.

Holy Spirit Power
Holy Spirit Power
by Charles Spurgeon
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile book to read., May 12 2011
This review is from: Holy Spirit Power (Paperback)
This book is very edifying and instructional. Charles Spurgeon's writings are always a blessing to those who want sound Biblical teaching. I highly recommend it to those who wish to grow in grace & knowledge of the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit. It is clear and easy reading.

Chequebook of the Bank of Faith - Tan/Green
Chequebook of the Bank of Faith - Tan/Green
by C. H. Spurgeon
Edition: Leather Bound
Price: CDN$ 18.42
8 used & new from CDN$ 11.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, May 12 2011
This is a wonderful book, and I've read it for years. There is always a blessing to be found from reading Charles Spurgeon (along with your Bible). I purchased more copies to give away as gifts. Now if people would only read them!

Strengthen My Spirit
Strengthen My Spirit
by Charles Spurgeon
Price: CDN$ 16.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Note exactly what I wanted, but a nice little book., May 12 2011
This review is from: Strengthen My Spirit (Paperback)
This item was received in excellent condition. However, I was expecting a book with chapters written on Biblical teachings of the Holy Spirit, not a devotional with short meditations for each day, so I was a little disappointed that I purchased it. That it uses verses from different Bible versions was also disappointing--I prefer the KJV, and don't like to mix versions.