Profile for Shannon > Reviews

Content by Shannon

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Shannon (Ontario, Canada)

Navitech Blue Bicast Leather Case Cover For The Glo 6 Inch " E-reader
Navitech Blue Bicast Leather Case Cover For The Glo 6 Inch " E-reader
Offered by Navitech
Price: CDN$ 19.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great case!, April 14 2013
Love this case! I love the blue and it's a really good quality. The inside flap isn't exactly like the picture, there's no pockets for sd cards, but it's really no big deal for me because the case turned out to be a sleepcover too! When I close it it goes to sleep and turns back on when I open the case, really nice surprise there, plus most sleepcovers I've seen are more expensive than this ereader case.

Delirium
Delirium
by Lauren Oliver
19 used & new from CDN$ 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, May 12 2011
This review is from: Delirium (Paperback)
Wow. Just wow.

I got interested in reading Delirium because my favourite book genres are dystopia/takes place in the future, romance, and young adult books. So when I find this one that happens to be all three, I knew I had to read it. I read the first chapter and a half in the book store, and that cemented that I had to read it.

So I got the book and I read it in two days because it really is one of those books that you cannot put down. There was always another thing that happened that kept pulling me through the book to find out what was going to happen next. The whole time I was reading it I was just gushing to myself about how beautiful Lauren Oliver's writing it. It just flows, it's wonderful.

There were both parts that were a little bit predictable and parts that came out at me out of nowhere. But the little bit predictable parts weren't bad, I think it was more heart wrenching to know what was going to happen before it did, and know that you couldn't change it. And then the out of nowhere things were really out of nowhere, and I could not stop reading until I found out what happened in the next chapter (and the next, and the next...)

All in all, it's a really, really awesome book that I totally recommend.

Divergent
Divergent
by Veronica Roth
Price: CDN$ 15.87
34 used & new from CDN$ 9.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 12 2011
This review is from: Divergent (Hardcover)
I really like reading dystopia books, so that was the first turn on for me about this book. I found the 100 page excerpt about a month before it came out and just powered through it. When I got to the end, I couldn't believe I had to wait a month to read the rest!

I really loved this book. There was a good amount of mystery with the plot and characters that kept me reading and I got excited when I figured something out, whether it was before Beatrice did, or with her. There was suspense and surprises to keep me on my toes, and there's also some romance, which i like, but not enough to overload the book and feel like it's taking over from the main plot. When I first found out that it's another trilogy, I was honestly a little let down, because there are so many trilogies coming out, but the ending was so exciting, and I loved the book so much, that I can't wait to see what happens next.

Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novel #1: Kristy's Great Idea
Baby-Sitters Club Graphic Novel #1: Kristy's Great Idea
by Ann M Martin
Price: CDN$ 10.82
56 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for new and old fans, Jan. 29 2011
The Baby-Sitters Club is one of those series I really liked when I was a kid, so when I found out that some of the books would be re-released in graphic novel, I was pretty excited. Plus, I was already following Raina Telgemeier's comic 'Smile' online so I already loved her drawing style. The book (and the other three) is very cute and any changes Raina made for the graphic novel just fit with it. I'd totally recommend it to kids or to adults who read them when they were kids.

Harry Potter Film Wizardry
Harry Potter Film Wizardry
by Brian Sibley
25 used & new from CDN$ 4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, Jan. 29 2011
Harry Potter Film Wizardry is really an awesome book. I got it for Christmas, and when I got the plastic off and opened it up and looked though it, I was pretty speechless, that's how cool it is. It's a very good quality book, with sturdy hard covers and shiny pages. Every page is full of pictures from the movies or concept art or pictures of the cast, and information about those pictures, and a lot of it is done up to look like a scrapbook or pages on a notice board (it really reminded me of JKR's website sometimes). There's information about all of the movies, the different characters and animals and places. It was all really cool to read the bits of information and because even though I did already know some of the stuff, there was a lot of stuff I'd never heard of before. Another thing that made me interested in the book were all of the things that comes with it. There's a letter from Hogwarts, a programme for the Quidditch World Cup and for the Yule Ball, four Educational Decree signs, a Marauder's Map, and more. It's all very cool. The only little thing I have that could be better with the book is more stuff about Part 2 of Deathly Hallows. But with all of the other really awesome things in the book, I can live with that. All in all, a really awesome book!