Profile for Michael L. Johnson > Reviews

Content by Michael L. Johnson

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Michael L. Johnson (Sherwood, WI United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Currahee!: A Screaming Eagle at Normandy
Currahee!: A Screaming Eagle at Normandy
by Donald R. Burgett
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
12 used & new from CDN$ 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Mega Stars, April 6 2004
Donald Burgett is one of my favorite authors. He puts you smack in the middle of the action with his superb writing ability. This book deserves more than 5 stars, so 5 Mega Stars is my rating. An EXCELLENT read!
Dr. Michael L. Johnson author of "What Do You Do When the Medications Don't Work?--A Non-Drug Treatment of Dizziness, Migraine Headaches, Fibromyalgia, and Other Chronic Conditions".

Citizen Soldiers: The U S Army from the Normandy Beaches to the Bulge to the Surrender of Germany
by Stephen E. Ambrose
Price: CDN$ 14.43
115 used & new from CDN$ 0.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Time 5 Stars, April 6 2004
Loved it!! It's amazing what our fellow Americans went through at such a young age. This book rates 10 stars not 5!

D-Day: June 6, 1944:  The Climactic Battle of World War II
D-Day: June 6, 1944: The Climactic Battle of World War II
by Stephen E. Ambrose
Price: CDN$ 16.60
126 used & new from CDN$ 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 PLUS, April 6 2004
I loved this book (along with just about everything else that Ambrose has written). Throughout the entire book, I kept thinking, "Thank God I never had to go to war". This is a fantastic read. Enjoy!!!

The Doctor's Guide to Chronic Pain
The Doctor's Guide to Chronic Pain
by Richard Laliberte
16 used & new from CDN$ 2.29

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars PLUS, April 2 2004
I thought this was a very good book. Extremely thorough and well written. Richard Laliberte should be commended for all the of extensive research that went into this project. ALOT of work went into this book on his part. If you suffer form chronic pain--read this book. I highly recommend it.

The Working Poor: Invisible in America
The Working Poor: Invisible in America
by David K. Shipler
26 used & new from CDN$ 1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars EVERY American Needs to Read It!, March 15 2004
I loved this book and feel that EVERY American should read it. I do agree with the reviewer that gave it 10 stars. This is an outstanding body of work. OUCH!!! I consider myself a "righty" more than a "lefty" and to be honest, this book made me think LONG and HARD. Read it!!!!!

The Sexy Years: Discover the Natural Hormone Connection: The Secret to Great Health, Sex, and Vitality in the Second Half of Life
by Suzanne Somers
82 used & new from CDN$ 0.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Read It and Get Both Sides of the Debate on HRT!, March 15 2004
With all of the negative press about HRT (hormone replacement therapy), it is NOT surprising to me that this book is a best seller. I HIGHLY recommend this book. This is a must read for every woman. Even if you don't agree with everything in the book, I guarantee that you will learn both sides of the debate. Two words: BUY IT!

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy: The Fab 5's Guide to Looking Better, Cooking Better, Dressing Better, Behaving Better, and Living Better
by Ted Allen
51 used & new from CDN$ 0.78

5.0 out of 5 stars A Straight Eye for the Queer Guys, March 1 2004
"Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" is one of my favorite TV shows. The minute this book came out, I had to have it ( I bought the red cover). This book is informative, original, and funny. If you're a fan of "Queer Eye", you will love this book. If you are not a fan and don't buy this book, God help you, because you will be lost in a lost world forever!!!
Dr. Michael L. johnson Autjor of "What do You Do When the Medications Don't Work?--A Non-Drug Treatment of Dizziness, Migraine Headaches, Fibromyalgia, and Other Chronic Conditions".

1,000 Places to See Before You Die: A Traveler's Life List
1,000 Places to See Before You Die: A Traveler's Life List
by Patricia Schultz
186 used & new from CDN$ 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Michael L. Johnson, Feb. 29 2004
If you love to travel like my wife and I, then this is the book for you. I'm 45 and I hope that I can get to all of these wonderful places. A great buy!!!
Dr. Michael L. Johnson author of "What Do You Do When the Medications Don't Work--A Non-Drug Treatment of Dizziness, Migraine Headaches, Fibromyalgia, and Other Chronic Conditions".

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2004
The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2004
by Bob Sehlinger
18 used & new from CDN$ 1.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr. Michael L. Johnson, Feb. 29 2004
Our family has visited WDW every year for the past 20 and this is the ONLY guide that I have ever used. If you want to save time and money......get it and read it on the plane to Orlando.

The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality
The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality
by Brian Greene
Price: CDN$ 27.59
54 used & new from CDN$ 2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love physics you'll love this book! If not--CAUTION!, Feb. 29 2004
I loved "The Elegant Universe"! I even purchased the PBS-TV Nova special with Brian Greene on DVD. Now, I will admit that I am a physics nut(physics has ALWAYS been one of my favorite subjects), so with that in mind, I thought this was a great read. Will others who are not as "nutty" about physics love it?? Frankly, I would not recommend this book to you if you are not interested in physics. Why?? You may become so bored that you won't get through it. I love Brian Greene as a writer because he does a great job explaining physics in terms that people can understand, BUT it's still physics and you need to have at least some interest in the subject.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4