Profile for Megsablue > Reviews

Content by Megsablue

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Megsablue (Vancouver, BC Canada)

Whitewater Cooks: Pure, Simple and Real Creations from the Fresh Tracks Cafe
Whitewater Cooks: Pure, Simple and Real Creations from the Fresh Tracks Cafe
by Shelley Adams
Price: CDN$ 18.77
37 used & new from CDN$ 12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my Go-To Cookbooks, March 14 2010
I have family who lives in Nelson and have visited Whitewater Ski Resort many times - the food is always ridiculously good, so it just made sense to buy this cookbook. It is a bit more expensive than other cookbooks I have, but this cookbook has quickly become one of my favorites and I often buy it for gifts for people. I've made many of the recipes - the Ymir Curry Bowl, Lemony Lentil Soup, the Glory Bowl and the Potato Salad with Mustard Dill Dressing to name a few of my favorites (the sauce for the Glory Bowl is addictive and I'm constantly trying to come up with new ways to use it) - all have been delicious! The Whitewater Veggie Burgers are also a favorite - but with the Famous Burger Sauce, it sends them over the edge! The veggie burger recipe makes a lot, but they freeze beautifully. I just purchased the second cookbook, Whitewater Cooks at Home, so once I've made a couple recipes, I'll review that as well. I wouldn't say any of the recipes are dinner on the table in 10 minutes, but are great for weekends or when you have a bit more time to prepare.