Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage summerbaby Cook Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions
Profile for Silvia V. Lamb > Reviews

Content by Silvia V. Lamb

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Silvia V. Lamb (Barrie, Ontario Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
True Books: The Ancient Maya
True Books: The Ancient Maya
by Jackie Maloy
Price: CDN$ 8.50
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Support Resource Gr 2 Mexico, June 2 2015
Although the book is made for readers older than my grade 1s and 2s, I was able to read aloud excerpts from the book which lead into student inquiry based discussions for my Mexico unit.

Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave
by Solomon Northup
Price: CDN$ 17.00
46 used & new from CDN$ 1.25

5.0 out of 5 stars This is such a good book. The plot is intriguing, March 24 2015
This review is from: Twelve Years a Slave (Hardcover)
This is such a good book. The plot is intriguing, the prose is fluid yet it challenges ones thoughts and beliefs. Great read!

Four: A Divergent Collection
Four: A Divergent Collection
by Veronica Roth
Price: CDN$ 16.17
46 used & new from CDN$ 12.67

2.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely loved Divergent Trilogy, March 24 2015
I absolutely loved Divergent Trilogy. This book, however, felt as though it was just another way to make money on a story already told. I understand that it is in the point of view of a different character, but, it offer no new or more interesting information. Not worth the read :(

Dashing Through the Snow: A Canadian Jingle Bells
Dashing Through the Snow: A Canadian Jingle Bells
by Helaine Becker
Price: CDN$ 16.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 3.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 24 2015
My students absolutely love the Canadian symbols in this book :)

A Northern Nativity
A Northern Nativity
by William Kurelek
Price: CDN$ 11.99
43 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars I was hoping for a book that talked more about ..., March 24 2015
This review is from: A Northern Nativity (Paperback)
I was hoping for a book that talked more about Canada's Indigenous peoples and their traditions. This was more a juxtaposing of the Christian Nativity into illustrations in other setting.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars I am Hispanic and do not like how light this looks on my skin, March 24 2015
This powder seems different from the one I have bought through Sephora. Though it is the same brand name and the same colour, this one seems many shades lighter and almost shimmery. I am Hispanic and do not like how light this looks on my skin. I am also 44 and do not want to "shine"!

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation - # Golden Fair (W10) 8g/0.28oz
Offered by Jewlzie

by Julie Danneberg
Price: CDN$ 19.95
25 used & new from CDN$ 8.53

5.0 out of 5 stars I find this book to be a great read: ), Aug. 25 2014
This review is from: First Day Jitters (Hc) (Hardcover)
As a teacher, I find this book to be a great read :)

The Mayo Clinic Diet: Eat well. Enjoy Life. Lose weight.
The Mayo Clinic Diet: Eat well. Enjoy Life. Lose weight.
by the weight-loss experts at Mayo Clinic
Price: CDN$ 13.47
39 used & new from CDN$ 7.35

1.0 out of 5 stars With all the research that is going on recently, ..., Aug. 25 2014
With all the research that is going on recently, I find this book does not give a healthy alternative in regards to diet.

Discovering Nature's Cycles:Day and Night(Gr.K-2)
Discovering Nature's Cycles:Day and Night(Gr.K-2)
by Robin Nelson
Price: CDN$ 9.95
24 used & new from CDN$ 2.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Teaching Tool for Grade 1 Daily and Seasonal Changes, Jan. 24 2014
I am a primary science teacher and used this book to support teaching concepts of day & night. The book is easy to read and understand for the first graders. The pictures are great.

Page: 1 | 2