Profile for Silvia V. Lamb > Reviews

Content by Silvia V. Lamb

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Silvia V. Lamb (Barrie, Ontario Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave
by Solomon Northup
Price: CDN$ 12.27
47 used & new from CDN$ 6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars This is such a good book. The plot is intriguing, March 24 2015
This review is from: Twelve Years a Slave (Hardcover)
This is such a good book. The plot is intriguing, the prose is fluid yet it challenges ones thoughts and beliefs. Great read!

Four: A Divergent Collection
Four: A Divergent Collection
by Veronica Roth
Price: CDN$ 12.53
45 used & new from CDN$ 12.11

2.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely loved Divergent Trilogy, March 24 2015
I absolutely loved Divergent Trilogy. This book, however, felt as though it was just another way to make money on a story already told. I understand that it is in the point of view of a different character, but, it offer no new or more interesting information. Not worth the read :(

Dashing Through the Snow: A Canadian Jingle Bells
Dashing Through the Snow: A Canadian Jingle Bells
by Helaine Becker
Price: CDN$ 16.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 5.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 24 2015
My students absolutely love the Canadian symbols in this book :)

A Northern Nativity
A Northern Nativity
by William Kurelek
Price: CDN$ 10.82
36 used & new from CDN$ 0.41

2.0 out of 5 stars I was hoping for a book that talked more about ..., March 24 2015
This review is from: A Northern Nativity (Paperback)
I was hoping for a book that talked more about Canada's Indigenous peoples and their traditions. This was more a juxtaposing of the Christian Nativity into illustrations in other setting.

Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation - # Golden Medium (W20) - 8g/0.28oz
Offered by Perfumes Guru -CA
Price: CDN$ 40.39
4 used & new from CDN$ 40.39

2.0 out of 5 stars I am Hispanic and do not like how light this looks on my skin, March 24 2015
This powder seems different from the one I have bought through Sephora. Though it is the same brand name and the same colour, this one seems many shades lighter and almost shimmery. I am Hispanic and do not like how light this looks on my skin. I am also 44 and do not want to "shine"!

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation - # Golden Fair (W10) 8g/0.28oz
Offered by Perfumes Guru -CA

by Julie Danneberg
Price: CDN$ 19.95
48 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I find this book to be a great read: ), Aug. 25 2014
This review is from: First Day Jitters (Hc) (Hardcover)
As a teacher, I find this book to be a great read :)

The Mayo Clinic Diet: Eat well. Enjoy Life. Lose weight.
The Mayo Clinic Diet: Eat well. Enjoy Life. Lose weight.
by the weight-loss experts at Mayo Clinic
Price: CDN$ 12.96
39 used & new from CDN$ 12.96

1.0 out of 5 stars With all the research that is going on recently, ..., Aug. 25 2014
With all the research that is going on recently, I find this book does not give a healthy alternative in regards to diet.

Discovering Nature's Cycles:Day and Night(Gr.K-2)
Discovering Nature's Cycles:Day and Night(Gr.K-2)
by Robin Nelson
16 used & new from CDN$ 2.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Teaching Tool for Grade 1 Daily and Seasonal Changes, Jan. 24 2014
I am a primary science teacher and used this book to support teaching concepts of day & night. The book is easy to read and understand for the first graders. The pictures are great.

Fever 1793
Fever 1793
by Laurie Halse Anderson
Price: CDN$ 22.99
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Intruiging Historical Fiction, Dec 13 2010
This review is from: Fever 1793 (Hardcover)
A very informative book about the Yellow Fever epidemic in Philadelphia during the summer of 1793. It gives insight to what the daily life of girls and women was like in the late 1700's. It also illustrates the importance of the Free African Society and their efforts as well as courage in taking it upon themselves to continue to care for the victims of Yellow Fever.

Page: 1 | 2