ARRAY(0xb1228a80)

Profile for George Smith > Reviews

Content by George Smith

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

George Smith "Curious George" (Crossfield, Alberta)

Microsoft Publisher 2007  English
Microsoft Publisher 2007 English

4.0 out of 5 stars MS Publisher 2007, March 30 2010
There are always more things Microsoft could have done with this program, like provide more color choices, but it is great for an entry level publishing document. For document prep, there are too many steps before the real work can begin, but in some ways it is better than MS Word

Physics of the Impossible: A Scientific Exploration into the World of Phasers, Force Fields, Teleportation, and Time Travel
by Michio Kaku
Price: CDN$ 13.68
50 used & new from CDN$ 6.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Too sci-fi, Oct. 23 2009
For me, this was more speculative than technical, leaving me feeling that almost anyone could have written it. I prefer reading material about more current applications and research than this book provides. The author certainly knows his physics and makes the information easy to digest for those who want to be working in physics over the next 60 years. I wish I had such information when I was in high school in 1944.

The Black Hole War: My Battle with Stephen Hawking to Make the World Safe for Quantum Mechanics
by Leonard Susskind
Price: CDN$ 13.00
44 used & new from CDN$ 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped clarify my layman's understanding, Oct. 23 2009
I have enjoyed following the advances in physics over the past 60+ years, but had a few theories that I could not fully agree with. This clarified how the theories arose and gave me lots to think about. For me, it was a fun experience. Perhaps now, someone will tackle the implications of how evolution affects the universe and it's galaxies, and where randomness and infinity fit into the equations this book offers.