Profile for chico sweet > Reviews

Content by chico sweet

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

chico sweet "decro242" (San Diego)

Page: 1 | 2
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Love & Friendship
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Love & Friendship
by Jack Canfield
76 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite, Nov. 15 2002
I love all the Chicken Soup books, especially the ones for teens. I have read all the teen ones and about 5 of the other ones. This one is my favorite so far. I wonder so much about how other girls feel about guys and relationships for real and I don't think anything has ever explained it better than some of the stories in this book. I have a boyfriend and I think we are going to break up soon and I was so scared. It really helps sto see other girls are ok and also guys really do have feelings.
The friendship part was just as good, even though I didn't think it would be. It made me think about my friends and it made me want to treat them better. I guess I have been lucky becasue I am still friends with the same girls I was friends with in Jr high. Everyone should read this book. I loved it!!

Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Letters: Letters of Life, Love and Learning
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Letters: Letters of Life, Love and Learning
by Jack Canfield
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, April 23 2001
I wasn't sure what this book was going to be like. I thought letters might be boring but I was very wrong. This book is so good. It is like getting even closer to the teens who write the stories. This book has letters from teens, many who have had life changing experiences. You almost feel like you are reading sometones diary the stories are so personal. I coul not put this one down. I read the entire thing in one sitting.

Price: CDN$ 15.12
98 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Read again and agian, Sept. 17 2000
I love this book. When I first read it I liked it but I wasn't having any problems in my relationship. Recently ,things have been very bad between Chad and I and I didn't know what to do. I only have one friend who has been in a long term relationship so it was hard to find anyone who could understand what I was going through. It was actually my friend Stacey who told me to read the book again. (It has helped her many times) There were things that I din't even remember from the first time and they were things I could do to make things better. I called my boyfriend and asked him to come over. We sat there and talked the way it said to in the book, with each of us only speaking about how we felt , not what the other person did. I can't even tell you how well this worked. After awhile we were both crying and holding each other and we realized (the book told us) that relationships require work and you have to talk things through but not by blaming each other. Anyway, we are doing great now and I know I will use this book again and again. I give it 5 stars.

12 Simple Secrets Of Happiness
12 Simple Secrets Of Happiness
by Ekeren Van
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
28 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars a great book, Feb. 6 2000
Glen has been inspiring all of us at Chicken Soup for a long long time. I am very happy that he now can share his wonderful wisdom and anecdotes with the rest of the world. Be sure to check it out and find out what we have known for awhile... Glen can warm the hearts of anyone who reads his words.

Taste Berries for Teens: Inspirational short stories and encouragement on life, love, friendship and tough issues
by Bettie B. Youngs
Price: CDN$ 16.75
77 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars What a Rip Off, Dec 14 1999
I bought this book because I saw it advertised with the other Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul books. I still don't know if it is part of that series but if it is something went terribly wrong. I loved the other books, but honestly this one stank. I could not even read more than a few stories. Then there is this dribble in between stories that they didn't do in the other ones. Someoen please tell me...is this a Chicken Soup book?Or is it a rip off? Whatever you do ..don't buy it, stick to the ones by Jack Canfield and Kimberly Kirberger.

The Tibetan Art Coloring Book
The Tibetan Art Coloring Book
by J. Jamyang Singe
Edition: Plastic Comb
13 used & new from CDN$ 35.46

5.0 out of 5 stars An Incredible Gift, Dec 13 1999
This book makes an incredible gift. I, personally, can't wait to color in these beautiful Tibetan Drawings. I have always loved the art of Tibet and admired the meditation involved in producing it. I think it is a brilliant idea to make a book that allows all of us a chance to participate in this sacred tradition.

Price: CDN$ 13.10
31 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm impressed, Dec 13 1999
My mom bought me both books at some book signing thing and when she gave them to me I was like...thanks. I started reading the book Teen Love first and I couldn't put it down. The real shocker though was the journal. This was as good as the book. It had so many great things in it. Poetry and quotes and something called Colin's pages which are pages with a guys opinion. I don't know hinm from TV but my friends do..anyways it was good ,too. The two books were great and I was just surpised that something my mom bought me was so good.

Price: CDN$ 13.10
31 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars More than a journal, Dec 10 1999
This book is so much more than a journal. I have the Chicken Soup Teen Journal also and this is just as good , if not better. Instead of just a bunch of blank questions, there are stories and poems too. The book opens up with a letter to Dear Boy and one to Dear Girl. These are so great. After I read those I knew I would love the journal.Then there are poems and quotes along with really good questions. I am about half way through with filling mine out and I'm sad becasue I don't want to finsih it. I also love Colin's pages. He is a guy from the Real World and he wrote some stuff in the journal. I really enjoyed reading a guys opinion. I still need to get my best friend to fill in the best friend pages but I am waiting because I am giving her a copy for Christmas. I am going to fill in the best friend pages before I give it to her. I think this makes a perfect Christams present. The Teen Love book is good ,too.

Price: CDN$ 15.12
98 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have ever been in love...buy this book, Dec 10 1999
I read the entire book in one sitting. This book answered every question I had about love and relationships and also had wonderful poetry and wonderful stories and incredible quotes. I couldn't beleive how much I enjoyed reading it. This is a book that every teenager should have, and I don't mean just girls. Guys would get so much from reading this. There are lots of questions from guys and lots of great answers. I am buying a copy for my boyfriend for Christmas and I am hoping that I get a copy of the Teen Love Journal.

Letters to My Son: A Father's Wisdom on Manhood, Life, and Love
Letters to My Son: A Father's Wisdom on Manhood, Life, and Love
by Kent Nerburn
17 used & new from CDN$ 4.40

5.0 out of 5 stars kent is a an artist using words, Nov. 3 1999
I love this man's writing. It soothes me and inspires me in ways that I can't put into words. (I am sure he could, though) I am the author of Teen Love: on Relationships and co-auth of the Chicken Soup for Teenagers books and I have used his excerpts in both books. He is the kind of writer that you read and you wish you could say things so eloquently..however his grace is such that you are happy he can... I highly recommend this book to all teens and adults

Page: 1 | 2