Profile for tinytee > Reviews

Content by tinytee

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"tinytee" (London, England)

Palestine Collection
Palestine Collection
by Joe Sacco
Price: CDN$ 23.91
31 used & new from CDN$ 10.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, should be read in schools, June 28 2002
This review is from: Palestine Collection (Paperback)
If it were possible to give a book 10 stars, then this book would get them from me, I was awed by it. I've not read a graphic book since Maus, and would not have picked this up if a dozen friends hadn't recommended it to me. Joe Sacco's Palestine (and his later book on Bosnia called Safe Area Gorazde), is a miracle of observation, compassion and humanity. It does what most books, most newspapers fail to do, illustrate the plight of Palestinian people, show us why they are angry, and why some are driven to terrifying acts of suicide. It should be read in schools.

Everything Is Illuminated: A Novel
Everything Is Illuminated: A Novel
by Jonathan Safran Foer
44 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious, funny and heartbreaking, May 19 2002
I was just reading a passage from this novel over the phone to a friend and decided to broadcast my enthusiasm for this novel further by writing a quick review. Skimming through other readers comments I'm surprised at the venom contained in some, could it be .... god forbid, jealousy? This is a novel, some people will love it (I did), others won't, and that's fine, that's how it is with novels after all. I hope anyone coming to this page is willing to read and decide for themselves, I for one believe you will be glad you made the effort. And for those of you who are enraged by this guy's success, how sad. And Jonathan Foer, if you ever read this, congratulations and thank you.