Profile for K. Gross > Reviews

Content by K. Gross

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

K. Gross "S.F. Magician" (USA)

Mech Assault - Xbox
Mech Assault - Xbox
16 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Building go boom, and it fell right on me!, Dec 14 2002
This review is from: Mech Assault - Xbox (Video Game)
Finally a mech game that takes advantage of the things around you. If you are playing someone and they are close to a large building, don;t fight them, take out the building and let them take damage from it.
Someone finally thought it through! This game is a lot of fun!

VB/VBA Developer's Guide to the Windows Installer
VB/VBA Developer's Guide to the Windows Installer
by Mike Gunderloy
9 used & new from CDN$ 17.34

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry I wasted the money, July 12 2002
What more do I have to say, I learned more by working through the Microsoft Windows installer SDK than I did from this book.
I wasted my time and money on it.

Windows NT/2000 ADSI Scripting for System Administration
Windows NT/2000 ADSI Scripting for System Administration
by Thomas Eck
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding menu of code snippets to make life easier!, Feb. 17 2002
I am revising this review as I again return to this book. I am constantly surprised just how good this book continues to be. With all of the poorly written and just plain wrong computer books out there, this book continues to be a lifesaver.
When I need to find out how to do something in ADSI, I go to the index, within a couple of minutes I have a prototyped, mostly working application. This book is worth every penny I paid for it and then some.
This book has so many different examples that I went through and wrote a management application just by taking the code snippets from it and combing them to do what my application had to do.
It doesn't explain the differences between NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 implementations. But, it does cover most of the functionality built into ADSI. Also, there are some things that are built into ADSI that are counter-intuitive, but the author goes into a sufficient amout of detail to get you going on your way.
It is the best treatment of ADSI I have come across both from an administrators point of view and a developers.

Seven Samurai (Criterion Collection)
Seven Samurai (Criterion Collection)
DVD ~ Toshirô Mifune
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 60.88
11 used & new from CDN$ 32.94

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the BEST movies I have ever seen!, Aug. 29 2000
I became curious about this movie after reading the credits to the Magnificent Seven and seeing it was used as the basis for that movie.
I watched the movie and before I knew it, it was over. There are few movies over two hours that move with the pacing and excitement of this one. Typically, if a movie is over two hours I will not view it again. The Seven Samurai is an exception to that "rule."
I consider this movie to "have it all." Action, Drama, Human interest, and an amazing cast. Watch this movie, you will love it.