Profile for scottrenno > Reviews

Content by scottrenno

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"scottrenno" (Cincinnati, OH USA)

Joni Mitchell
Joni Mitchell
Price: CDN$ 8.67
38 used & new from CDN$ 4.87

5.0 out of 5 stars This CD will take you to another world!, April 17 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Joni Mitchell (Audio CD)
This is without hesitation my favorite CD of all time. Joni Mitchell carries you away to the most unlikely places and paints the most vivid pictures imaginable. You are literally transported to another world. This is NOT folk music - this is the unmistakable world of Joni Mitchell, a musician who transcends all styles and labels. She has a unique and powerful gift. When I first heard this recording over 30 years ago, it moved me to tears - it still does. Joni's unique guitar tunings add a very modal sound, making the entire collection very different from any other music of it's time. Her voice is exquisite.
The only thing I really wish would happen is that this recording someday be remastered. David Crosby produced this album, and while I have tremendous respect for him and his wonderful legacy of music, this CD suffers from a very low volume and a barely noticeable hiss.
I wore out my original vinyl copy years ago, replaced it with a cassette tape, and now have it on CD. I still listen to it at least once or twice a month, and it still has a powerful effect even after over 30 years. That's amazing!!