Profile for Shaz > Reviews

Content by Shaz

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Shaz (Auckland, New Zealand)

Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
by Gary Chapman
58 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars be careful when you read this - it will change your life!, Nov. 2 2002
Whilst I am currently single, I have been on a search for a partner this year. In somewhat of a state of confusion in a 2-month relationship, I was recommended this book to help me understand the man I was dating. I was feeling that his "heart wasn't in it" & I couldn't work out how we could be in a relationship without emotional involvement. We both seemed to want the same things. When I suggested that to him, he was terribly hurt as he thought he was acting in a loving manner.
After reading this book, I now know why. We were speaking different love languages & I wasn't receiving what he was sending.
This book has changed the way I think about all of my relationships - intimate, family, friends, even flatmates! I recommend this book to everyone - those married recently, those single, those married for a long time, those with children - in fact, I can't imagine someone not getting something out of this book.
The book is an easy & hugely beneficial read & will no doubt impact your life as much as it did mine.
Enjoy reaping the benefits!