Profile for Stephen Oakes (Stonesinger@lineone.net) . > Reviews

Content by Stephen Oakes ...

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stephen Oakes (Stonesinger@lineone.net) . (rom Wigan, England.)

by Elliot Grove
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparkling, informative, irreverent and funny!, July 3 2002
This review is from: Raindance Writers' Lab (Paperback)
So you want to be a Screenwriter? Then read this book!
From the striking cover in this book shines. Elliot's style is at once friendly, knowledgeable, sharp and funny. He shoots from the hip and speaks from the heart.
Ever wanted to hurl your script in sheer frustration? Well this concisely written and considered tome will at first agree with you; then it will point out just where you have gone wrong, and show you how to fix it, quickly and effectively. Every chapter is filled with apt hints and points that really grab your attention and get you thinking.
If you've read Campbell and Vogler and come away confused and dismayed as to how to do archetypes! Then let Elliot calmly lead you through integrating them into the tight mechanics of the Profesional Screenplay.

by Elliot Grove
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Please don't buy this book., Nov. 27 2001
This review is from: Raindance Writers' Lab (Paperback)
I am a British writer travelling through the States. I had actually bought this book right before I left the UK and didn't start reading it until I got over here. I was waiting for a bus to take me from Chicago to Detrait when I nearly missed my connection - so engrossing was this tome. The part on structuring your screenplay was really helpful. I really hope that no one else buys this - if I had the cash I'd buy all the copies and keep it out of other would-be screenwriters. The chapters on selling and marketing the script are really helpful. Oh yes, the CD ROM...