Profile for K. York > Reviews

Content by K. York

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

K. York "Kate" (Vancouver, BC)

The Biggest Loser Workout: Volume 3 (Cardio Max)
The Biggest Loser Workout: Volume 3 (Cardio Max)
DVD ~ Bob Harper
Price: CDN$ 5.88
9 used & new from CDN$ 4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Fun and Intense!, Jan. 4 2009
First of all, I love this DVD for the way it is set up. In the menu you can customize your workout, you can choose from the warmup, level 1 cardio, level 2 cardio, level 3 cardio, and cool down. You simply add the segments you wish to workout to and press play!

I did level 1 yesterday and my glutes are KILLING me today! It's intense, high energy, and best of all there are variations for different abilities... and the cast of Biggest Loser are the 'models' working out, which is nice because they're suffering through it with you!

The only down side is the cool down, which is 5 minutes of yoga. Excellent on it's own, but I always make sure to stretch really well after it's done. Definitely recommend this for the price!

Skinny Bitch in a Box: Skinny Bitch/ Skinny Bitch in the Kitch
Skinny Bitch in a Box: Skinny Bitch/ Skinny Bitch in the Kitch
by Rory Freedman
Price: CDN$ 23.91
35 used & new from CDN$ 8.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight Forward & Eye Opening, Jan. 4 2009
Skinny Bitch is not for the faint of heart, it is a blunt, eye-opening look into the world of fattening animal products. Yes, meat, eggs, and dairy and the process by which they go from the farm to your table are all explained in detail, so if you are ready to find out the truth about the food you shove in your face, read it! I no longer eat animal products and am SO thankful to have found this book!

It does promote veganism (consumption of zero animal products), just as a heads up. After reading it though, I can't imagine wanting to continue consuming animals or animal bi-products.

The cook book is also pretty good, with catchy names and interesting sounding recipes. It's not as complete as a few other vegan cookbooks I've recently purchased, but it's small enough to take with me when I'm not at home.

The only thing I disagree with is their idea of eating a meal and then waiting until you're almost ravenous before eating your next meal, to be sure that your previous meal is well-digested. As many of us have probably heard, waiting too long to eat can lead to over-consumption at your next meal, so I take that piece of advice with a grain of salt. Overall, great book and highly recommended!