march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family
Profile for Lynda K > Reviews

Content by Lynda K

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Lynda K "lyndak" (BURLINGTON, ONTARIO Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Joy
Joy
by Jayne Ann Krentz
10 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of Jayne's earlier works, I have ..., April 17 2016
This review is from: Joy (Paperback)
This is one of Jayne's earlier works, I have the Harlequin Temptation edition. This is one that stands the test of time and would do well as a reprint. In some of her earlier books written under Jayne Castle (Candlelight romance editions) the hero was just too over the top alpha. In "Joy" Ryerson and Virginia "clicked". A very enjoyable afternoon read.
Please note: this book was reprinted with a read cover. I copied my review as it is the same book. Even the reprint is older so it could still use an additional reprint today. :)

by Raymond G. Woolfe Jr.
Price: CDN$ 22.23
34 used & new from CDN$ 22.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story about a great horse, April 17 2016
This review is from: Secretariat (Paperback)
Great story about a great horse. I was too young to appreciate Secretariat when he ran his races. However, I watched the movie just out and wondered more about the horse. (The movie is also amazing, watched the ending over and over). One of the things I noticed from the book was just how much more of a horse Secretariat was. The pictures of him show the "power" he possessed. While the horses used it the movie version were good, after viewing the real thing, they didn't even come close to showcasing his form. The book was an easy read and it told the real story not the movie version.
It was also interesting to find out that a lot of his colts also went on to be champions.

By Jayne Ann Krentz - Joy

DVD ~ Diane Lane
Price: CDN$ 8.00
32 used & new from CDN$ 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an amazing movie for the whole family, Feb. 13 2016
This review is from: Secretariat (DVD)
This is an amazing movie for the whole family. I remember Secretariat, this movie almost makes the past come to life. It is about believing in yourself and going for it. I rewatched the ending about 10 times. The bonus features are well worth watching. A remarkable horse and owner.

Swamp Secrets
Swamp Secrets
Price: CDN$ 5.22

1.0 out of 5 stars I dislike giving a negative review but Royce was such a ..., Aug. 15 2015
This review is from: Swamp Secrets (Kindle Edition)
I dislike giving a negative review but Royce was such a jerk I couldn't figure out why Lindsey even liked the guy. He wasn't dark and mysterious, he was abusive and just plain nasty. Normally I like Carla's books but I would give this one a pass.

Kong Active Treat Ball Toy for Cats
Kong Active Treat Ball Toy for Cats
Price: CDN$ 8.59
6 used & new from CDN$ 5.62

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't like to write a bad review and like most of ..., Nov. 9 2014
Basically it rolls a bit and the food all comes out right away. The cat barely touches the toy and food dumps out. I bought it so they would have a bit of a challenge. My cats are getting older and hence don't move around as much so I wanted to make them "play but also work a bit for a treat . I don't like to write a bad review and like most of the kong products but this one is a dud. I will keep looking.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My cats love this toy, Nov. 9 2014
My cats love this toy, but it only cost me $5.99. They have a line of them (squirrel etc). I chose this one as the tails for the other toys were fluffy/feathery and I think my cats would just rip that apart in no time. They carry it about and have a great time playing with it.
I like it as I can refill the catnip. The toy I have is just 6" long so unless this is a different toy and full sized I think the price is nuts ($50 +, seriously??)

OurPetsPlay-N-Squeak Ball of Furry Fury Squeaking Interactive Cat Toy
OurPetsPlay-N-Squeak Ball of Furry Fury Squeaking Interactive Cat Toy
Price: CDN$ 12.31
14 used & new from CDN$ 12.31

5.0 out of 5 stars My older cats love this toy, Nov. 9 2014
My older cats love this toy. They bat it around and occasionally their paw will go inside the outer ring, then they have to "flick" their paw to get it off. For my cats, it makes it more interesting. Maybe they think it is fighting back :) .

Catit Design Senses Super Roller Circuit Toy for Cats
Catit Design Senses Super Roller Circuit Toy for Cats
Price: CDN$ 25.73
14 used & new from CDN$ 25.73

4.0 out of 5 stars It comes in all sorts of patterns these days so the toy can look even better depending on your taste, Nov. 9 2014
I would have given it 5 stars exept for a design flaw. The blue top pieces do not stand up to play from cats, maybe kittens, but cats .......not so much. My cats had the top pieces off and the ball out in no time flat, especially the male as he is stronger than the other two. Usually he is not interested in toys but he loves this one. My cats are all older (6 and 7 years). I was forever gathering the pieces and putting it back together. So what to do???
Use the universal tool to fix the flaw! Duct tape. It comes in all sorts of patterns these days so the toy can look even better depending on your taste. All I did was tape all but one of the sides (just in case I need to get at the ball inside) together. I taped it lengthwise where the blue meets white but you could put a small stripe horizontally. I wanted the cats to see more of the ball going around, hence lengthwise.
I bought one of those tweety balls (that makes sounds) but it was too big for the circuit :( . So if the catit people came out with something similar for the toy I would buy one. My cats do play with the circuit toy but I am sure that a ball that makes bird or squeak sounds would really increase their interest.
Bottom line they actually use it, not for long periods at a time but they do play with it. I will hear sounds from the living room, check it out and Shadow is happily watching the ball traverse the circuit waiting to pounce.

Coyote Medicine
Coyote Medicine
by Lewis Mehl-Madrona M.D.
Price: CDN$ 14.54
50 used & new from CDN$ 0.82

5.0 out of 5 stars insightful, May 9 2014
This review is from: Coyote Medicine (Paperback)
Dr. Mehl-Madrona travelled a difficult path between western and native medicine. His story is both uplifting and grounded. I feel honoured to have shared his path through his writings.
I have always been drawn to native american stories especially those about coyote and really enjoyed those retold in the book. Many years ago I read about some of coyote's adventures (in grade four or five) and have tried to find the books I read as a child but without any luck. In the book Lewis mentions coyotes are in every state except Hawaii. Coyote is a trickster and usually finds a way to go or get what he wants. So I found it interesting that Lewis ends up in Hawaii. Maybe that is just where coyote wanted to go.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7