ARRAY(0xae6418f4)

Profile for Timyc > Reviews

Content by Timyc

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Timyc (U.S.A.)

Woods 59007 30-Minute Decora Style 30-15-10-5 Minute Preset Wall Switch Timer (White)
Price: CDN$ 15.73
3 used & new from CDN$ 15.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Timer, March 27 2014
These are vey good little timers and the price was certainly right. I installed them in three bathrooms and had no problems. Might be a little tight installing in boxes with additional switches, but I accomplished it without too much difficulty. By that, I mean I had to shorten and rearrange some previous wiring, but it worked out ok. The scale from 5 to 30 minutes seems just right for a bathroom.

Radio Systems RS-PFD17-11855 Drinkwell by PetSafe Healthy Pet Water Station, Medium
Price: CDN$ 24.93
6 used & new from CDN$ 22.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so thrilled...but excellent customer service!, Feb. 24 2014
Here's the problem: The valve on the bottom can become stuck and not allow the water to flow out. Three times now we have found the bowl dry, while the unit itself is full. One of these times we were away for three days and came home to very thirsty cats. Now, I would not trust leaving this as a sole source of water for our pets. Yes, I am using it with the proper filter, and yes, I do have the plug open and secured in the proper way.

I have to add here that I conveyed my problem with this product to PetSafe Customer Service and they were excellent in responding and sending me out a new unit. I'm beginning to wonder if the problem was more with the filter within the unit than the unit itself. I rinsed the filter as directed before use, and again as directed by customer service, but after a while it still continued to stop running. Now, I've installed a new filter and it appears the problem might be solved. Time will tell, and I'll update this again if the problem continues. I also have the PetSafe Food Station and I'm very happy with it.

Oster Stainless Steel 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker BVSTPSTX95-033
Oster Stainless Steel 10-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker BVSTPSTX95-033
Price: CDN$ 73.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Unit, Feb. 24 2014
I like the fact you can remove the water chamber to clean it. It's fairly fast and makes good coffee...although, not as hot as I expected. It's very well styled and looks very rich. Be advised, there is no warming element under the pot, just a shelf, which I believe will become scratched over time.

Belkin N Wireless Router F5D8236-4
Belkin N Wireless Router F5D8236-4
Offered by Urban Inspirations
Price: CDN$ 61.40
3 used & new from CDN$ 61.40

2.0 out of 5 stars There are much better ones., May 30 2012
I used this router for about a year and then chucked it. I could never get it to update DNS reliably, and Belkin Technical Support is mostly non-existing. I have wireless security cameras and it continually dropped connections, not at all reliable, it was really a pain. Go with Cisco and save yourself a lot of headaches.

New Metro Design KA-6L Beater Blade for KitchenAid 6-Quart and 5-Plus Mixers (White)
Price: CDN$ 29.95
3 used & new from CDN$ 29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, May 30 2012
My wife likes this Beater Blade. It's not for mixing heavy batter, I believe they now have a heavier duty model out for that, but using it for what it is designed, it works great. Cleans the sides of the bowel as stated, so there is no need to stop blending and use a spatula. It's a good inexpensive attachment from Kitchen Aid.

KitchenAid FGA Food Grinder
KitchenAid FGA Food Grinder
Price: CDN$ 58.10
5 used & new from CDN$ 58.10

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Food Grinder, May 30 2012
I bought this for my wife, she used it twice, once for making bread crumbs, and once for grinding some meat. It jammed up frequently while grinding the bread crumbs, and we have the 575 watt Architect Professional Mix Master. The fact is, it is small and useful only for grinding small amounts. We were both disappointed in it. We grind meat for sausage and can do a lot faster and better job using our old hand powered meat grinder.