Profile for chode > Reviews

Content by chode

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

chode (co)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rehab Doll: Dry As A Bone
Rehab Doll: Dry As A Bone
Price: CDN$ 13.12
29 used & new from CDN$ 8.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Nirvana Who?, April 26 2004
If you wanna listen to grunge at its best then listen to this. Many people make the miscalculation that pearl jam and Nirvana are the epitemy of grunge. Well their not. Their brilliant in every way besides the fact that they werent really grunge.You can really see how much Gossard and ament have changed while jamming out to Green river. Songs like "Queen bitch", and "ozzie", exemplify what grunge was really about. check it out you ll like it. And why your at it pick up a mother love bone, or tad record. discover true grunge.

Burnin
Burnin
Price: CDN$ 15.62
35 used & new from CDN$ 6.26

4.0 out of 5 stars marley and gang at their near best, Feb. 15 2004
This review is from: Burnin (Audio CD)
I have to say I do like the albums with Peter Tosh and bunny wailer much more than The later stuff. Maybe because I love both of their solo stuff especially tosh's pothead cult classic "legalize it". I will however agree with a former reviewer( I dont recall his name) that some of the songs are way to tedious for me. I shot the sheriff as a prime example, but dont let this stop you from buying the album, I would purchase natty dread or exodus first though.

Singles Collection
Singles Collection
Offered by marvelio-ca
Price: CDN$ 17.71
8 used & new from CDN$ 11.25

2.0 out of 5 stars not that great, Feb. 15 2004
This review is from: Singles Collection (Audio CD)
You know i hear people say how great the virus are. FOLLY!!!!FOLLY!!!!!Lets dress hardcore and make songs that sound like rancid thats really cool. Who would want to sound like tim armsrongs no talent ass clown band anyways? If you want to listen to hardcore bands that dont suck on punk core records than listen to the vraukers or clt 45.

Damned Damned Damned
Damned Damned Damned
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 50.95
3 used & new from CDN$ 45.95

4.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites, Feb. 15 2004
This review is from: Damned Damned Damned (Audio CD)
The dammned were so much fun. I dig political punk to the extreme, but isnt it nice to just listen to some really catchy fun stuff now and then? when you listen to the album you catch a feeling. Like when you listen to subhumans you wanna overthrow the government just because The subhumans said so. Well this album makes me feel like im on a gripload of vikanin. I feel estatic and almost feel the urge to stand and dance. But like most allbums there are slight drawbacks. some of theese songs definitely get annoying. songs like "stab your back are like a broken record but who really cares enough not to invest 6 bucks at an independent store for a used copy. Surely youlll find it in your heart to buy the album.

Total Recall
Total Recall
Price: CDN$ 17.92
16 used & new from CDN$ 11.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Im angry, angry, angry , angry, Feb. 9 2004
This review is from: Total Recall (Audio CD)
I love negative approach. I really do. But if there is one drawback its that i cant listen to them all the time like some ofmy favorite bands like crass,addiction face,and the dead milkmen. Their just too angry. Ive got an analogy to sum it up for you. he hem. NEGATIVE APPROACH IS TO FURIOUS as DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL IS TO UNREASONABLY BUTHURT OVER NOTHING. I love the album though i mean being mad isnt bad but N/A were certainly not the greatest.

Greatest Riffs
Greatest Riffs
Price: CDN$ 17.04
29 used & new from CDN$ 7.77

5.0 out of 5 stars The brains at their best., Feb. 9 2004
This review is from: Greatest Riffs (Audio CD)
I am not one who is very fond of greatest hits collections, but this one definitely has satsisfied me. You see most greatest hit albums leave out essential tracks. Banned in D.C has some of my upmost favorite hardcore songs along with a good mix of the jah childreb type reggage of the brains. some of the highlights are "how low can a punk get, "Big takeover" (My favorite brains song, about the nazi regime) and of course "banned in D.C. Needless to say buying this album will porbably not fufiill your Brains craving especially if your way into them. I would also recomend " banned in d.C", "Black dots", and the underated "rock for light."

V2 Collection
V2 Collection
Price: CDN$ 14.31
18 used & new from CDN$ 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pissin blood, Sept. 27 2003
This review is from: V2 Collection (Audio CD)
I always used to hate the Misfits before i listened to this album probably about 6 years ago. It opened my horizons. I saw a new light and felt the joys of GLENN DANZIG!!! And now i shall take you through the run down of all of theese great selections!!
1. we are 138- 5/5:One of their most famous tracks, look for a live track on kazaa with henry rollins from black flag and danzig, excellent stuff.
2.attitude-5/5 edgy song makes me want to fight someone
3.couph/cool-3/5 okay this ones just to far out for me, but not bad
4.last caress-5/5 classic tune from the fits, only danzig would claim to rape my mother.
5. Return Of The Fly- 4/5 great song about a movie
6. Children In Heat-5/5 best song ever besides "Hybrid moments"
7. Rat Fink-4/5 very catchy indeed
8. Horror Hotel- 4/5I love the riff in this song. very dark
9. Halloween-5/5- yet another classic song. everyone has covered this
10. Halloween II-2/5 my least favorite song on the cd
11. Hate Breeders-5/5 this song showcases how the Misifts could be eery and morbid and talk about death while sounding melodic(hint hint canibal corpse)
12. Braineaters-5/5 this song never fails to make me giggle inside
13. Nike-A-Go-Go-5/5 at this point of the album everything goes hardcore and i cant complain
14. Devil's Whorehouse- 5/5 yet another song that is hillarious
15. Mephisto Waltz- whoa, whoa, whoa o whoa, The misfits have always been good at this
16. We Bite-5/5 their best fast paced hardcore song

Offered by @ ALLBRIGHT SALES @
Price: CDN$ 27.08
9 used & new from CDN$ 9.61

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Pink floyd album....ever, Sept. 27 2003
This review is from: Meddle (Audio CD)
Okay .Wish you were here is over rated, and so is dark side of the moon. The general public needs to discover this album. Its the most diverse work that Floyd ever put out. The whole cd is almost worth buying just because of the magnificent tripped out "echoes. Each song differs from each other like a punk differs from puff daddy. BUY IT NOW!!! go.

Sing The Sorrow (W/Web Link)
Sing The Sorrow (W/Web Link)
Price: CDN$ 11.01
37 used & new from CDN$ 2.85

1.0 out of 5 stars sellout society, Sept. 21 2003
Its strange. I recollect afi being an exellent hardcore band not to long ago. Answer that and stay fashionable, was a great album and at that time i loved afi with all of my heart, but now they have sold out. For all of you who sit at home and think to yourself "wow this is a great punk rock album" then think to yourself that you are also a sold out piece of poo.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3