Profile for FH991586 > Reviews

Content by FH991586

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

FH991586

Only Lovers Left Alive
Only Lovers Left Alive
Price: CDN$ 17.31
24 used & new from CDN$ 10.97

5.0 out of 5 stars For chilling or making out!, July 10 2014
This review is from: Only Lovers Left Alive (Audio CD)
Great soft mood album. You can easily chill or make out while listening to it in the background...

V2 1986-1995: Singles
V2 1986-1995: Singles
4 used & new from CDN$ 93.33

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not "to die for" must have..., July 10 2014
This review is from: V2 1986-1995: Singles (Audio CD)
This box set is artificially high priced because it was not re-issued in a smaller package like the 1981-1985 singles. And it's not cds but "Copy Control" discs, so Amazon is again in the wrong concerning the product details.

Other than that, it's nice to finally have some rare versions not available elsewhere (I'm mostly referring to the "Burning the Ground" single), with a copy of their 45 RPM sleeves.

ET-60 II Lens Hood For Canon EF75-300MM F/4-5.6 III EF-S 55-250MM F/4-5.6 IS
ET-60 II Lens Hood For Canon EF75-300MM F/4-5.6 III EF-S 55-250MM F/4-5.6 IS
Offered by Neewer Direct Global (18-26 Business Days Delivery Time)
Price: CDN$ 11.24
11 used & new from CDN$ 11.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 4 2014
As good as OEM, for a lot less.

Rush
Rush
Price: CDN$ 15.38
17 used & new from CDN$ 9.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Best orchestral soundtrack of the year, July 4 2014
This review is from: Rush (Audio CD)
Best orchestral soundtrack of the year! A little bit deceived by the fact that some tracks are mixed together, but nevertheless are great score to a great movie!

Its All Gone Pete Tong Origin
Its All Gone Pete Tong Origin
Offered by Aux 33 Tours
Price: CDN$ 24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Copy Control disc instead of a real standard CD..., July 4 2014
Unlike the description states, it's not a real cd, but a "Copy Control disc". Therefore, the label "compact disc" is not accurate, and misleading!
Other than that, it' good.

Our Day Will Come (Notre Jour Viendra)
Our Day Will Come (Notre Jour Viendra)
Price: CDN$ 21.55
21 used & new from CDN$ 9.08

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great, June 5 2014
I was stunned by the musical ambiance of this weird movie when I first watched it, so I really wanted the soundtrack. But it's only 20 minutes long, and there is no info as to the writer's credits... So I only discovered elswhere that it was Rachmaninov's music! Why it's not written anywhere on the soundtrack cd's packagning is beyond me... The film's ending credits are a lot more precised, but the soundtrack's package is only a cheap digipak.

A very nice piece by Sebastien Tellier is also included: I guess it's worth to discover too

0.42X FISHEYE LENS W/ MACRO FOR CANON EOS DIGITAL REBEL [Camera]
0.42X FISHEYE LENS W/ MACRO FOR CANON EOS DIGITAL REBEL [Camera]
Offered by Urban Inspirations
Price: CDN$ 32.40
9 used & new from CDN$ 32.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, but not much more, June 5 2014
Many people already wrote this, but I wanted to add my 2 cents.

The fish eye effect shows some blur in the outer edges of the image, and it's worse/unusable if you put it on a 55-250mm lens. Since the lower setting of the 18-55mm is still pretty wide, it's not usable, unless you really want that round effect! But you most likely won't like the qulity of the image...

The macro part of the lens is the best thing of this product. There was an adaptor ring enclosed with the package, but no instructions on how to use it, or how to separate the 2 lens: but thanks to previous reviews, I went through it in seconds. It's a really good and cheap option for a macro lens, in case you need it! That makes it a good buy after all, but I really would have been disappointed by this product if there wasn't the macro lens option...

T-Power ( 6.6 ft cord ) Roland Micro-Cube MicroCube Amplifier AC DC Adapter POWER CHARGER SUPPLY CORD
Offered by T-Power CA
Price: CDN$ 25.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement for Boss PSA (not Roland ACR-120), June 5 2014
[Less than half the price for the official product, and the specs seem right for the job. I thought at first that the polarity wasn't good, as the diagram printed on the adaptor showed + for the center/tip, but the tip itself is removable, so you can switch it the way you need it! But the product was already in the good position when I received it... Actually, I did search a bit on the internet before I plugged it in a Microcube, because I really was not convinced it was ok!]

EDIT:

My first review was only done on the fly, after I tested that the Microcube could be powered by the adapter. It did so, but something else happened when I later plugged a cable in the Aux In: a big hum! Basically, there is a loud hum on powering up the amp, that gradually tones down within seconds. But there is always a residual hum after that, while it does not exist with the original adapter... I guess this is not a regulated product! I'm going to use it for powering up Boss pedals instead, so it's not a complete lost.

Drive: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Drive: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Price: CDN$ 13.57
25 used & new from CDN$ 10.97

3.0 out of 5 stars When is this available in Canada?, Oct. 24 2011
I saw an advance screening of the movie "Drive" on September 14th 2011, and it took less than 15 minutes to convince me that the soundtrack was EXCELLENT! So I tried to buy it now for more than a month, but there's no trace of it in Canada so far... What's the deal? There's plenty of cheezy soundtracks available BEFORE the movie hits the cinema, but when there's a good one, it's nowhere to be bought on cd... Still, it's on my list, and I'll get it one way or another!

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
Price: CDN$ 14.16
40 used & new from CDN$ 5.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Why no score soundtrack in Canada?, Jan. 8 2011
The album is great: if you liked the movie, just get the cd because it's almost everything you want to hear.

Why almost? Because there's also a score soundtrack available only in MP3 download on Amazon.com, which contains pretty much everything else heard in the movie. But you need a US billing address to buy it! Otherwise, forget it... This score soundtrack doesn't exists on cd, and thanks to Amazon.ca's lack of MP3 support, you're still stuck with all that you could go buy at a brick and mortar shop...

I'm happy with this cd, but very disappointed for I can't legally buy what I want to pay, although Amazon announced that in 2008, it would roll out its DRM-free mp3 store to its international sites. It's now 2011, and I'm still waiting...