ARRAY(0xb45b38e8)

Profile for Swordfish > Reviews

Content by Swordfish

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Swordfish "Swordfish_1957" (Wading River, NY United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Great Work: Our Way into the Future
The Great Work: Our Way into the Future
by Thomas Berry
Price: CDN$ 12.99
47 used & new from CDN$ 1.26

1.0 out of 5 stars Godless, biocentric, and New Age, May 18 2002
Thomas Berry promotes a "new story" of the universe, also known as the "Earth story," "Universe story," or "new cosmology." The new cosmology essentially is a bio-centric, Godless, New Age, and scientific account of creation, rather than a God-centered religious story. Sadly, Berry is widely promoted as a Catholic author, yet there is nothing Catholic about this book. In fact, the book is generally critical of Christianity and Western Culture. During our time of environmental crisis, we need to turn to God, the Creator of the universe. This book will only steer us away. Save your money. There are better Christian faith and ecology books out there.

Friends/20/20
Friends/20/20
Price: CDN$ 12.23
29 used & new from CDN$ 6.47

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Beach Boys Album, Now With Great Sound!, Aug. 9 2001
This review is from: Friends/20/20 (Audio CD)
While Pet Sounds may be the Beach Boys' best album, Friends is Brian Wilson's favorite and my favorite too! This album is their most gentle, peaceful, and "spiritual" album, loaded with lots of great Beach Boys harmonies. Also on this two-fer is 20/20, an excellent album that nicely compliments Friends. Best of all, the new 24-bit remastering and HDCD make these albums sound better than ever! If you have a good stereo system with an HDCD CD player (which I highly recommend) you'll hear instruments and voices you've never heard before! I have the 1990 two-fer CD version also, and the sound on the 2001 two-fer is a major step up! I'm sure it would sound great on any stereo! This is the Beach Boys at their finest!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3