Profile for Tyler > Reviews

Content by Tyler

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Tyler (Nashua, NH)

40 Days to Personal Revolution: A Breakthrough Program to Radically Change Your Body and Awaken the Sacred Within Your Soul
by Baron Baptiste
20 used & new from CDN$ 2.70

5.0 out of 5 stars This really will help you!, March 21 2004
I have been practicing yoga at the Baptiste Studios for over 4 years. I used to be a gym hog and since discovering Baptiste, I have all but given up the gym. The book shows a person how to get into the yoga little by little. I think it would be frustrating not to be able to go to an actual studio with Baron and his teachers and this book offers something special to those people especially.
It is difficult to explain what this yoga can do for you-it is so multi-faceted. Because I have the luxury of actually going to class, I don't really do the yoga on my own, but I can guarantee you that if you do what Baron says in this book, in terms of the postures, diet, etc, you really will change. And if you ever are in the greater Boston area, definitely check out one of the studios. There is one in Boston and one in Cambridge.
Also, just to set the record straight, there were never any crazy happenings at the Cambridge studio as one reader has described. The Cambridge studio is the most peaceful, beautiful place I know. There is no place I feel better or safer. I think I know the class this reader is talking about where someone voluntarily left following a disagreement-it was a little strange, but I recall no handcuffs and no arrests. Maybe I missed something but yeah, I was definitely there on that day. I think that reader was really exaggerating for some reason-strange for a Harvard student to feel the need to do so-tho the commute from NYC to Cambridge must be stressful and daunting!!!! Huh????
The book is a must have for beginning yogis especially. You will be transformed if you make the committment. If not now, when?