Profile for Richard > Reviews

Content by Richard
Top Reviewer Ranking: 730

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Richard
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Cuisinart PSC-350C 3.5 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
Cuisinart PSC-350C 3.5 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker
Price: CDN$ 59.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 47.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Item, March 2 2015
This is a great crock pot. I've owned crock pots since my first one which I bought back in 1978. I especially like the high setting because it actually does bubble which speeds up the cooking time. I just made three batches of meatball sauce to freeze and the high setting meant that I could do all three batches in one day. This is one really great crock pot.

Chicago Metallic 59610 Commercial II Non-Stick Perforated French Bread Pan
Chicago Metallic 59610 Commercial II Non-Stick Perforated French Bread Pan
Offered by Stuff 4 Crafts
Price: CDN$ 23.30
11 used & new from CDN$ 23.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., Feb. 15 2015
It made a very crusty and chewy large baguette. The non-stick surface really is non-stick. I'd recommend this pan.

Parks and Recreation: Season Four
Parks and Recreation: Season Four
Price: CDN$ 24.97
2 used & new from CDN$ 22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars "Literally" the funniest series, ever., Feb. 8 2015
This has to be one of the funniest series, ever. The cast works so well together. Ron Swanson and his wives; April with her deadpan; Leslie and her optimism; and, for total visual thrill - the beautiful Rashida Jones.

NEW Goodbye Farewell & Amen (DVD)
NEW Goodbye Farewell & Amen (DVD)
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 42.20
22 used & new from CDN$ 26.30

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, Feb. 8 2015
So disappointing. I was a MASH fan when it was on the air but never got to see the finale. I was so disappointed. I know that after season two, MASH had pretty much become the Alan Alda show but the finale was ridiculous. It was all Hawkeye and, to be honest, he was the least interesting character in the series. Unfortunately, I was so bored that I only watched about 30 minutes and then chucked the DVD.

Lysol No-touch Antibacterial Hand Soap Refill: Refreshing Citrus, 251ml, 0.28-Pound
Offered by dealkings
Price: CDN$ 25.34
2 used & new from CDN$ 25.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Stuff, Feb. 8 2015
I like the smell. It's not perfumy and it actually rinses off my hands. The only negative: it must have sat in the delivery truck overnight because it was frozen solid when delivered to me.

Cuisinart CDF-100C Compact Deep Fryer
Cuisinart CDF-100C Compact Deep Fryer
Price: CDN$ 68.65
3 used & new from CDN$ 42.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product., Feb. 3 2015
This little fryer is great. It can be a bit slow to heat or re-heat but it's just the right size so I can live with the lack of speed.

HP 126A Yellow Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge -Yellow -Laser -1000 Page
HP 126A Yellow Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge -Yellow -Laser -1000 Page
Offered by SaveOnMany
Price: CDN$ 66.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 66.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Delivery, Jan. 27 2015
I'm not sure if I "love" it but it was great to not have to go into Staples to buy a cartridge. The price on Amazon was competitive so it was well worth it.

The Mindy Project: Season Two
The Mindy Project: Season Two
DVD ~ Mindy Kaling
Price: CDN$ 22.97
6 used & new from CDN$ 22.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh. More of the same., Jan. 11 2015
If not for Morgan and Tamra, the show would have tanked ages ago. Mindy is one-dimensional: an airhead who's extremely immature and who is, basically, a very loose person. The show is mildly amusing but not gripping.

The Mindy Project: Season One [DVD]
The Mindy Project: Season One [DVD]
DVD ~ Mindy Kaling
Price: CDN$ 17.49
7 used & new from CDN$ 13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't live up to expectations, Jan. 11 2015
There are some funny moments but when push comes to shove, it's pretty much the same thing each episode: Mindy ends up having sex with some guy who doesn't stick around. Morgan and Tamra make the show - the two of them are hilarious. As for Mindy, her character is not credible - how can a person who makes it through medical school be so dumb?

The Office: The Complete Series [DVD]
The Office: The Complete Series [DVD]
DVD ~ Steve Carell
Price: CDN$ 124.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 124.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't live up to its hype., Jan. 6 2015
I would have given the series five stars if it hadn't been, for 7 seasons, more of a Steve Carell show than an ensemble show. Admittedly, I'm not a Carell fan but after season 3, I began fast forwarding through his scenes because they were always the same - ham acting. The other obnoxious character was Andy Bernard. However, seasons 8 and 9 were great because they focused more on Dwight, Jim, and Erin and the stories became more varied. If I were to do it over, I'd buy seasons 7 through 9. I had never heard of Rainn Wilson or John Krasinski before but the two of them had the most incredible chemistry on-screen. They were perfect foils for each other and the best scenes were their pranking of each other. A great cast, with the exception of Carell and Helms. I wish there had been more David Wallace and Gabe Lewis - those two were great. The biggest treat was, of course, James Spader. The guy is amazing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9