ARRAY(0xb0517204)

Profile for Richard > Reviews

Content by Richard

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Richard

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Ripper Street: Season Two
Ripper Street: Season Two
DVD ~ Matthew Macfadyen
Price: CDN$ 24.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 24.98

5.0 out of 5 stars BBC Quality at its Best, April 17 2014
This review is from: Ripper Street: Season Two (DVD)
This series is terrific. The only issue I have with it is the loud and invasive music which seems to step all over the dialogue in places. It seems to be louder than the dialogue and isn't welcome. The story lines and the acting are typical high quality one expects from BBC.

Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Season 4  (U.K. Edition)
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Season 4 (U.K. Edition)
DVD ~ Hugh Bonneville
Price: CDN$ 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Downton Abbey Rocks, April 17 2014
I really miss Lady Sybil, though. I'm happy to see that Edith is playing a more visible role in the series since she is the character who captured my heart from the very beginning. We could do without Shirley MacLaine and with more Maggie Smith.

Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season
Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season
DVD ~ Peter Dinklage
Price: CDN$ 44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Good to Miss, April 17 2014
I love Game of Thrones and am currently wading my way through the book series. The casting for the series is, as always with HBO, superb. I love Tyrion and Arya - the two of them are the best characters in the series. I'm looking forward to season 4.

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
DVD ~ Aidan Quinn
Price: CDN$ 9.95
10 used & new from CDN$ 6.20

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-See Film, April 17 2014
I read the book many years ago and was moved by the story of how the native people were treated. The film could have been three times longer and still not shown the extent of the horrible treatment of these people. Adam Beach was superb and, as a Canadian, he made me very proud. The film was well-done and captured the disgusting way the native people were forced into a life which was so unlike their own.

The Wire: The Complete Series (DVD)
The Wire: The Complete Series (DVD)
Price: CDN$ 93.09
12 used & new from CDN$ 81.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Jan. 23 2014
This is one incredibly good series. I am on season 2 and loving it. The Wire makes Breaking Bad look like a high school play, by comparison.

Copper: Season Two [Import]
Copper: Season Two [Import]
DVD ~ Tom Weston-Jones
Price: CDN$ 55.81
20 used & new from CDN$ 34.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Sorry To See This One Go, Jan. 23 2014
This review is from: Copper: Season Two [Import] (DVD)
This is one of the most interesting shows I've watched on DVD and I can't understand why it was canceled after only two seasons. It was terrific.

Hot in Cleveland: Season Four [Import]
Hot in Cleveland: Season Four [Import]
Price: CDN$ 33.36
18 used & new from CDN$ 25.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Betty White and Wendy Malick - How Can You Go Wrong, Jan. 23 2014
This is one of the funniest shows I've ever watched. Betty White and Wendy Malick could easily carry the entire show without the other two actresses. The highlight of this season was the old MTM gang back together although Mary Tyler Moore looked like a cadaver. I don't know what she did to her face but it was a disaster. Great to see Valerie Harper looking so good.

Life, Above All [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
Life, Above All [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Khomotso Manyaka
Price: CDN$ 26.99
13 used & new from CDN$ 22.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten Stars, At Least, Jan. 14 2014
Wow. I mean WOW. What a great, great film. It was so well acted, the actors were so real (no Hollywood plastic faces to be seen), the scenery was rough and real, the emotions...I could go on and on. I am not an emotional person but the ending had me choked up. It was also one of the extremely rare movies which I viewed in one sitting. It was just the best film I've seen in a very long time.

Copper S1 [Import]
Copper S1 [Import]
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 70.38
20 used & new from CDN$ 17.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Copper is Gold, Jan. 13 2014
This review is from: Copper S1 [Import] (DVD)
Wow. This is one amazing series and I can't wait until season two arrives. The quality of acting and dialogue is high and the sets are quite amazing. Definitely a keeper.

To the Manor Born Comp Series [Import]
To the Manor Born Comp Series [Import]
DVD ~ Penelope Keith
Price: CDN$ 44.99
16 used & new from CDN$ 44.98

5.0 out of 5 stars British Humour - the Best, Jan. 13 2014
I loved this series and was very sad when I got to the last episode. I watched the series twice - and it was as funny the second time as it was the first time. Definitely a keeper.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6