Profile for Richard > Reviews

Content by Richard

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Richard

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Boston Legal: Season 4
Boston Legal: Season 4
DVD ~ DVD
Price: CDN$ 30.08
18 used & new from CDN$ 12.87

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Shatner as Denny "mad cow" Crane, Aug. 6 2014
This review is from: Boston Legal: Season 4 (DVD)
Hilarious show. I love Shatner as Denny "mad cow" Crane. And, of course, Candice Bergen is one of my lifelong crushes from my youth. The cast is excellent as an ensemble and the appearance of guest actors makes it interesting. My favourite character is Shelley Berman's senile judge. I love that character. Well, enough jibber jabber and poopycock.

Hinterland - Series 1
Hinterland - Series 1
DVD ~ Richard Harrington
Price: CDN$ 48.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 48.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good series. I was fascinated by the bonus feature ..., Aug. 6 2014
This review is from: Hinterland - Series 1 (DVD)
Very good series. I was fascinated by the bonus feature which showed the show being made in two languages. Like Endeavour, this is an intelligent program and I'm really hoping that there will be a season 2.

Silk series 2
Silk series 2
Offered by BonnieScotland
Price: CDN$ 12.62
6 used & new from CDN$ 11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars British programming is the best. I wish our North American film industry could ..., Aug. 6 2014
This review is from: Silk series 2 (DVD)
British programming is the best. I wish our North American film industry could produce intelligent programming like this. As a Canadian, I'm still not sure on how this solicitor-lawyer system works. It looks like the person being defended has two attorneys. One of these days, I'm going to have to find out how the system works.

The Corner
The Corner
Price: CDN$ 25.44
4 used & new from CDN$ 25.44

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved The Wire but The Corner is more authentic and ..., Aug. 6 2014
This review is from: The Corner (DVD)
This DVD moved me. I loved The Wire but The Corner is more authentic and focused. It showed drug addiction for the ugly monster that it is.

Masterpiece Mystery: Endeavour Series 1
Masterpiece Mystery: Endeavour Series 1
Price: CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific series. The best part of British programming - ..., Aug. 6 2014
Terrific series. The best part of British programming - aside from the great acting, intelligent plots - is the absence of gratuitous sex and profane language.

Masterpiece Mystery: Endeavour
Masterpiece Mystery: Endeavour
Price: CDN$ 16.99
20 used & new from CDN$ 13.55

5.0 out of 5 stars This is British programming at its best. I wish our North American entertainment industry could ..., Aug. 6 2014
This is British programming at its best. I wish our North American entertainment industry could produce something intelligent like this.

Masterpiece Mystery: Endeavour Series 2
Masterpiece Mystery: Endeavour Series 2
Price: CDN$ 23.99
17 used & new from CDN$ 23.98

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this series, Aug. 6 2014
I love this series. It's not for those who like superficial, fast action police work. This is a thinking person's program. The plots are complex and the solutions are even more complex. The only negative is the character Bright - it is played so well by the actor that the hair on my neck stands up every time he's in a scene. That character is downright obnoxious.

Indian Doctor S3 [Import]
Indian Doctor S3 [Import]
Price: CDN$ 24.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 24.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like this series, Aug. 6 2014
This review is from: Indian Doctor S3 [Import] (DVD)
I really like this series. There is always some sort of plot which dispels the image of a quiet bucolic little town. As a Canadian, I like the sound of the Welsh accent.

Devious Maids: The Complete First Season
Devious Maids: The Complete First Season
DVD ~ Judy Reyes
Price: CDN$ 29.97
21 used & new from CDN$ 29.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth it, May 9 2014
I thought this was going to be a comedy but it turns out to be something of a weak soap opera. The only redeeming feature is seeing Susan Lucci playing a nice woman. It's kind of strange to see since she plays a b***h so very well. But, she does a fairly good job of playing a nice woman.

Ripper Street: Season Two
Ripper Street: Season Two
DVD ~ Matthew Macfadyen
Price: CDN$ 14.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BBC Quality at its Best, April 17 2014
This review is from: Ripper Street: Season Two (DVD)
This series is terrific. The only issue I have with it is the loud and invasive music which seems to step all over the dialogue in places. It seems to be louder than the dialogue and isn't welcome. The story lines and the acting are typical high quality one expects from BBC.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7