Profile for Sarah F. Walker > Reviews

Content by Sarah F. Walker

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Sarah F. Walker "stellababy@hotmail.com" (Chapel Hill, NC, United States)

Ghost World
Ghost World
VHS
5 used & new from CDN$ 23.25

5.0 out of 5 stars I never get bored with this movie., June 11 2002
This review is from: Ghost World (VHS Tape)
Somehow these characters just grow on you. I saw this movie when it first came out, and I thought it was OK. But I kept pondering how Thora Birch's "Enid" and her friend "Rebecca" evolve through the movie, from school girls to the working world; and I saw myself in Enid with what destiny she ultimately chooses.
The movie is full of little scene gems involving the strangest people one could meet on the streets of any given community in the USA.
By far, this movie tops my list of favorites.

Appointments at the Ends of the World: Memoirs of a Wildlife Veterinarian
Appointments at the Ends of the World: Memoirs of a Wildlife Veterinarian
by William B. Karesh
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.57

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd love to read it again, March 3 2002
I read this book when it first came out three years ago, and I still think about it. His stories about the wonderful animals around the world touched my heart and I would highly reccomend this book if you enjoy reading about animals.

The Church Mice and the Ring
The Church Mice and the Ring
by Graham Oakley
9 used & new from CDN$ 158.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Endless Fun, Dec 2 1999
Having read the church mice series as a youngster in the eighties, I was delighted to re-discover how wonderful the books are now that I am reading them to my 5 and 6 year old charges where I work. In comparison to other children's picturebooks that the kids enjoy, I am pleased to say that this one in particular has become a much requested favorite (and one I never get bored of!)We all love the illustrations.