Profile for Seeker > Reviews

Content by Seeker

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Seeker

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
True Blue (Reissued) [Vinyl LP]
True Blue (Reissued) [Vinyl LP]
Price: CDN$ 25.18
16 used & new from CDN$ 21.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Much Different, Jan. 17 2014
This reissue by Rhino is not much different from the original. I keep hoping for more but sometimes there isn't. The presentation to me is only changed by a slightly different tone. A shade warmer but not much. The CD original vinyl and this new version are all very similar. Still a very good album by Madonna.

Head Games (180g) (Vinyl)
Head Games (180g) (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 37.89
8 used & new from CDN$ 37.89

3.0 out of 5 stars As Much As Is Possible ?, Jan. 11 2014
This is a dreadful recording by Foreigner sound wise. I Love the album but the original recording must be horrible. This is without a doubt the best representation of this but obviously not much you can do with crap. The recording engineers should be ashamed of themselves. The MFSL version is the best I've heard but they must been saying why are we doing this because the original recording sucks.

MTV Unplugged (Vinyl)
MTV Unplugged (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 43.11
17 used & new from CDN$ 30.83

3.0 out of 5 stars Unplugged Uninspired, Jan. 11 2014
This review is from: MTV Unplugged (Vinyl) (LP Record)
Compared to the Nirvana unplugged vinyl this was not as good. Actually the CD was a better listen which is always a bad thing. The CD of this offering had a little more depth which still was not enough but better than this Music On Vinyl edition. I don't understand how you can offer a new vinyl edition and not give the full sound it deserves.They do everything else well why not extend the lower end so true Audiophiles with big bass can hear it? Anyway That I Would Be Good and I give the thumbs down.

ONLY BY THE NIGHT (Vinyl)
ONLY BY THE NIGHT (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 53.91
19 used & new from CDN$ 36.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Something Missing ?, Dec 25 2013
I have 3 versions of this now. The CD which sounds terrible on my home system. The Control Group Vinyl which is better but still not great, and now the reissue from Music on Vinyl which is the best of the three. Still there is something about this recording that bugs me I can't quite put my finger on it. Some parts of the album sound more dynamic than others. Probably recorded and mixed in too many different places. Anyway get the Music On Vinyl version for best results and quieter vinyl.

Brothers in Arms (Vinyl)
Brothers in Arms (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 37.07
15 used & new from CDN$ 37.07

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Sounding Records I Own, Dec 21 2013
If you can find the 2LP release from 2006 get it. It is remarkable. One of the best recordings I own fantastic sound. Unfortunately the vinyl has some flaws. Audiophile recordings are getting better at this, no doubt because of internet feedback. Hopefully in future we will have alot of great full range recordings to listen to although I am dubious. After all this is the recording industry we are talking about. Already in the infancy of the rebirth of vinyl music we are seeing the reversion to thinner records and no doubt more cost cutting measures.

Street Talk (Vinyl)
Street Talk (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 36.76
16 used & new from CDN$ 19.71

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's The Bass?, Dec 21 2013
This review is from: Street Talk (Vinyl) (LP Record)
I have been updating my records and I have a few of the Music On Vinyl reissues most of which are a little light on the bottom end. This one is actually worse. Steve Perry must get his hearing checked. The symbols are overpowering and the low end seems to be cut off. I gave my original album a listen afterand found it to be a better sounding listen. If you have the original copy keep it and don't waist your money on the reissue.

Lonesome Jubilee (Vinyl)
Lonesome Jubilee (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 31.99
14 used & new from CDN$ 28.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Reissue, Dec 7 2013
One of the best albums of the 80's. This edition of vinyl is far superior to both the initial vinyl which was pathetically cold and bright, and the initial Cd which was actually better than the vinyl but not as good as this reissue of vinyl. The vinyl itself as Music on Vinyl is gaining a great reputation for is dead silent. The sound is more dynamic than any other release I have heard. The only complaint once again is a cool overall tone. Whether this is due to original tapes or not is unclear but a little more depth would make the presentation perfect. Overall a good listen.

Elton John (180 Gram Audiophile Reissue)
Elton John (180 Gram Audiophile Reissue)
Offered by beachesmusic
Price: CDN$ 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Reissue Indeed, Dec 7 2013
I am very happy to have purchased this reissue. The 180g vinyl on this is so quiet it is a pleasure to listen to again. There was nothing really different form the original other than the vinyl on the original being really noisy. The mastering is very good and the depth is impressive. If I had anything to be critical about is the cymbals and upper end in general could have been a little more forward in the presentation but only a little bit. A great listening experience.

Don't Look Back (Vinyl)
Don't Look Back (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 26.10
14 used & new from CDN$ 26.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Music On Vinyl An Improvement, Nov. 23 2013
I was worried about this purchase a little because the Cd and original Vinyl copy were so bright I couldn't even listen in the same room without turning down the treble. On the first song Don't Look Back the tambourine was so in your face on the original but the Music On Vinyl copy is way more subtle and pleasing. It's still a little cool but sounds like it should and very dynamic. The Vinyl itself is flawless not a peep. If you like this album get yourself a new one.

13 (Vinyl)
13 (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 20.97
29 used & new from CDN$ 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars That's The way To Do It., Nov. 23 2013
This review is from: 13 (Vinyl) (LP Record)
Wow I didn't see this coming. What a great album. The sound is awsome. Rich, full and Dynamic.It also sounds like a Black Sabbath Record not and Ozzy Osbourne Record. The Vinyl is quiet, this is the way to do it. Thanks guys.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12