Profile for Seeker > Reviews

Content by Seeker

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Seeker

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Diving Board (2LP Vinyl)
The Diving Board (2LP Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 26.15
20 used & new from CDN$ 15.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad Sound And Bad Vinyl, Jan. 20 2014
This in my opinion the best album buy Elton since Songs From The West Coast. Having said that the sound on this pressing sounds terrible. I had to turn down the bass and turn up the treble to make it listenable. Very dark sounding, bass is muddy and symbols have little detail. Probably not mastered for vinyl. Speaking of vinyl this is the noisiest vinyl I have purchased on a new record for quite awhile wherever it was pressed (probably Germany) needs an overhaul.

Megalithic Symphony (Vinyl)
Megalithic Symphony (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 25.88
2 used & new from CDN$ 25.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Listen, Jan. 17 2014
Different kind of album, I like It. The sound is typical of this era, a little dark symbols are a little lost and unclear. The vinyl version is better than the CD with more uppper end clarity but still not great. Vinyl itself is acceptable but not flawless like some being produced today.

Madonna (Reissued) [Vinyl LP]
Madonna (Reissued) [Vinyl LP]
Price: CDN$ 24.16
11 used & new from CDN$ 24.16

3.0 out of 5 stars Very similar to original, Jan. 17 2014
This album is again very similar to the original. The Cd was a little colder but not by much. I just wish the original recording had more bottom end it would sound so good pounding on my system.

True Blue (Reissued) [Vinyl LP]
True Blue (Reissued) [Vinyl LP]
Price: CDN$ 24.55
17 used & new from CDN$ 24.55

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Much Different, Jan. 17 2014
This reissue by Rhino is not much different from the original. I keep hoping for more but sometimes there isn't. The presentation to me is only changed by a slightly different tone. A shade warmer but not much. The CD original vinyl and this new version are all very similar. Still a very good album by Madonna.

Head Games (180g) (Vinyl)
Head Games (180g) (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 37.70
9 used & new from CDN$ 37.67

3.0 out of 5 stars As Much As Is Possible ?, Jan. 11 2014
This is a dreadful recording by Foreigner sound wise. I Love the album but the original recording must be horrible. This is without a doubt the best representation of this but obviously not much you can do with crap. The recording engineers should be ashamed of themselves. The MFSL version is the best I've heard but they must been saying why are we doing this because the original recording sucks.

MTV Unplugged (Vinyl)
MTV Unplugged (Vinyl)
Offered by Mega Media CA
Price: CDN$ 39.30
18 used & new from CDN$ 31.41

3.0 out of 5 stars Unplugged Uninspired, Jan. 11 2014
This review is from: MTV Unplugged (Vinyl) (LP Record)
Compared to the Nirvana unplugged vinyl this was not as good. Actually the CD was a better listen which is always a bad thing. The CD of this offering had a little more depth which still was not enough but better than this Music On Vinyl edition. I don't understand how you can offer a new vinyl edition and not give the full sound it deserves.They do everything else well why not extend the lower end so true Audiophiles with big bass can hear it? Anyway That I Would Be Good and I give the thumbs down.

ONLY BY THE NIGHT (Vinyl)
ONLY BY THE NIGHT (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 49.45
9 used & new from CDN$ 47.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Something Missing ?, Dec 25 2013
I have 3 versions of this now. The CD which sounds terrible on my home system. The Control Group Vinyl which is better but still not great, and now the reissue from Music on Vinyl which is the best of the three. Still there is something about this recording that bugs me I can't quite put my finger on it. Some parts of the album sound more dynamic than others. Probably recorded and mixed in too many different places. Anyway get the Music On Vinyl version for best results and quieter vinyl.

Brothers in Arms (Vinyl)
Brothers in Arms (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 37.05
15 used & new from CDN$ 37.05

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Sounding Records I Own, Dec 21 2013
If you can find the 2LP release from 2006 get it. It is remarkable. One of the best recordings I own fantastic sound. Unfortunately the vinyl has some flaws. Audiophile recordings are getting better at this, no doubt because of internet feedback. Hopefully in future we will have alot of great full range recordings to listen to although I am dubious. After all this is the recording industry we are talking about. Already in the infancy of the rebirth of vinyl music we are seeing the reversion to thinner records and no doubt more cost cutting measures.

Street Talk (Vinyl)
Street Talk (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 29.50
16 used & new from CDN$ 25.53

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's The Bass?, Dec 21 2013
This review is from: Street Talk (Vinyl) (LP Record)
I have been updating my records and I have a few of the Music On Vinyl reissues most of which are a little light on the bottom end. This one is actually worse. Steve Perry must get his hearing checked. The symbols are overpowering and the low end seems to be cut off. I gave my original album a listen afterand found it to be a better sounding listen. If you have the original copy keep it and don't waist your money on the reissue.

Lonesome Jubilee (Vinyl)
Lonesome Jubilee (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 41.11
14 used & new from CDN$ 31.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Reissue, Dec 7 2013
One of the best albums of the 80's. This edition of vinyl is far superior to both the initial vinyl which was pathetically cold and bright, and the initial Cd which was actually better than the vinyl but not as good as this reissue of vinyl. The vinyl itself as Music on Vinyl is gaining a great reputation for is dead silent. The sound is more dynamic than any other release I have heard. The only complaint once again is a cool overall tone. Whether this is due to original tapes or not is unclear but a little more depth would make the presentation perfect. Overall a good listen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13