biss boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store s Tools ca_ty_gno
Profile for The Seeker > Reviews

Content by The Seeker

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

The Seeker

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Garbage (Vinyl)
Garbage (Vinyl)
Offered by REFLEXCDCA
Price: CDN$ 35.68
20 used & new from CDN$ 35.67

3.0 out of 5 stars 2015 Stun Volume (STNVOL020V) Liberator Music 2lp 140g Medium Pink Vinyl, Nov. 29 2015
This review is from: Garbage (Vinyl) (LP Record)
This is one of my favourite albums of the 90's. I am mesmerized every time I put it on. The sound quality leaves me a little confused. Shirley's voice seems a little too far back in the presentation as well as the percussion on some songs. This may well have been intentional I don't know. At 85 to 90 decibals (which should be loud enough) I find it hard to hear her voice and upper end detail is also hard to make out. The good news is if you turn it up louder this works itself out. The vinyl itself is pink and although not advertised is 45 rpm. It has some ticks and even a couple of pops but isn't altogether too bad.

Washington Square Serenade [Vinyl LP]
Washington Square Serenade [Vinyl LP]
Price: CDN$ 16.86
9 used & new from CDN$ 16.86

4.0 out of 5 stars 2007 New West (NW5002) Warner Music 180g Heavy Vinyl, Nov. 28 2015
This is a pretty good sounding album for the most part. It is dynamic and has pretty good depth, some songs have more depth than others. The tone is a little on the cool side for me, the CD actually sounded a little warmer but not as dynamic. The vinyl itself was ok, there were a few ticks that ran on here and there but not bad overall.

Surfacing (Vinyl)
Surfacing (Vinyl)
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 28.63
14 used & new from CDN$ 28.62

4.0 out of 5 stars 2015 Music On Vinyl (MOVLP1448) Sony Music 180g Heavy Vinyl, Nov. 21 2015
This review is from: Surfacing (Vinyl) (LP Record)
This is a pretty good sounding album. There is good depth, just a touch more than my CD. The only song with less bottom end is Sweet Surrender for some reason. Even though there is good bass on this record the tone is a little cool for me. The dynamics are good. The vinyl itself has a couple of ticks here and there but is mostly silent, not a lot of surface noise.

Tug Of War (2LP Vinyl)
Tug Of War (2LP Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 27.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 27.99

3.0 out of 5 stars 2015 Hear (HRM-37571-01) Concord Music 2lp 180g Heavy Vinyl, Oct. 11 2015
This review is from: Tug Of War (2LP Vinyl) (LP Record)
This Reissue sounds pretty much the same as my Original 80's copy. I was hoping to get a warmer sound on the new one but it didn't happen. The upper end is a little overpowering for my taste combined with a lack of bottom end on some tracks gave the record a cool feel making me turn down the treble to try and balance the sound out. The vinyl itself was very good only a few ticks mostly silent.

Hits (2 Vinyl)
Hits (2 Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 74.60
11 used & new from CDN$ 49.59

3.0 out of 5 stars 2014 Warner Music (1-206322) Warner Music Group 2lp 180g Heavy Vinyl, Oct. 3 2015
This review is from: Hits (2 Vinyl) (LP Record)
While this is a good collection of songs the sound quality leaves a little to be desired. The dynamics of the vinyl are slightly better than the CD, but they are far from impressive. The depth and tone of the vinyl are lacking and cool. The depth was actually slightly better on the CD giving it a little more warmth than the vinyl. In short I cannot recommend this offering, it was a disappointment for me. The vinyl itself like with most Canadian pressings has a few snaps and a lot of crackles in between tracks, not great quality vinyl.

Imagine (Vinyl)
Imagine (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 24.99
23 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 2015 Apple (0600753570951) Universal Music 180g Heavy Vinyl, Sept. 26 2015
This review is from: Imagine (Vinyl) (LP Record)
This 2015 reissue sounds very good to me, a little lacking on upper end detail being my only complaint. I bought the 2008 reissue and was very disappointed with it. Sounding a little bright, lacking bottom end, on side two especially. The vinyl was poor with lots of surface noise. The 2015 reissue sounds much fuller with more lower end therefor sounding much warmer. The vinyl is also quiet, not much surface noise at all. I definetely recommend this remaster.

Walls And Bridges (Vinyl)
Walls And Bridges (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 27.97
29 used & new from CDN$ 27.97

4.0 out of 5 stars 2015 Apple (600753571002) Universal Music 180g Heavy Vinyl, Sept. 19 2015
The bottom end on this recording is in and out, some tracks have nice full sound while others not so much. Having said that this remaster is slightly warmer and fuller than my original 70's copy. The vinyl itself is fairly quiet I did have some low level clicking on the first side but the second side was very quiet. I do recommend this reissue.

Diver Down (Remastered Vinyl)
Diver Down (Remastered Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 35.00
24 used & new from CDN$ 25.86

3.0 out of 5 stars 2015 Warner Bros. (RR1 3677) Warner Music 180g Heavy Vinyl, Aug. 6 2015
I can't say this reissue is any better than my original record. Some of the songs sound balanced but with never enough low end. While others there is even less bass and those tracks the cymbals get in your face and just keep slapping it. If you just own the CD which sounds even worse and less dynamic than you may want this, if you own the original record keep it and move on. The vinyl on this is good quality with very little surface noise.

Greatest Hits (Vinyl)
Greatest Hits (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 34.97
16 used & new from CDN$ 29.24

4.0 out of 5 stars 2015 Asylum (6E-106) Warner Music 150g Medium Vinyl, Aug. 5 2015
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Vinyl) (LP Record)
I have never owned this record on vinyl until now so all I've ever heard was the CD copy I have. Compared to that this is far superior, more depth and fuller warmer sound than the CD. There were only two or three tracks that needed a little more depth for me but like I said I enjoyed this listen very much. The red vinyl is not dead silent but is still very good with only a little surface noise here and there.

1989 (Vinyl)
1989 (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 20.00
17 used & new from CDN$ 20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars 2014 Big Machine (BMRBD0500E) Universal Music 150g 2lp Medium Vinyl, Aug. 5 2015
This review is from: 1989 (Vinyl) (LP Record)
This is a very good sounding record. The only thing I could be critical about is the depth of the recordings done in Virginia Beach are slightly deeper and therefor warmer sounding than the recordings done in LA. Other than that everything else was satisfactory. The vinyl itself is very good as well with very little surface noise. An enjoyable listen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17