Profile for K. Wilson > Reviews

Content by K. Wilson

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

K. Wilson (Calgary, AB)

The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan For Financial Fitness
The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan For Financial Fitness
by Dave Ramsey
23 used & new from CDN$ 15.69

5.0 out of 5 stars A no-brainer, this works!, Dec 26 2010
Dave's program isn't perfect. But it's extremely difficult to refute most of what he says. Eliminate debt (and don't keep using it), save for retirement, help the kids through school. It all seems so simple, but if it was, then we wouldn't need books like this. I know at least ten people who have done his course, and all who follow his examples are doing better financially. I myself am doing better, and for the first time in my life, am actually feeling pretty hopeful about my financial situation.

Don't Come Home for Christmas
Don't Come Home for Christmas
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 29.95
5 used & new from CDN$ 16.68

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, Dec 26 2010
I typically love Jeff Dunham, but this CD disappointed me. Maybe it's just not the same when you can't actually see the characters. The songs were ok, but just not to my taste I guess.

I Am America and So Can You
I Am America and So Can You
by Stephen Colbert
115 used & new from CDN$ 0.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, Dec 26 2010
For anyone who likes the comedic style of Colbert, this book is a must-read. Through his typical humour and storytelling, he makes some very poignant statements about politics, religion, even just general life in the 2000's. You know he's joking about some stuff, but other stuff.... maybe not as joking as it may seem. I read this book inside a few days, I couldn't put it down.

Daniel Tosh: Completely Serious
Daniel Tosh: Completely Serious
DVD ~ DVD
Price: CDN$ 17.36
7 used & new from CDN$ 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite comedians, Dec 26 2010
Daniel Tosh is, in my opinion, one of the most underrated comics in the business today. "Completely Serious" is typical Tosh, and that is why it's so great. Will not disappoint!

Feel the Fear . . . and Do It Anyway (r)
Feel the Fear . . . and Do It Anyway (r)
by Susan Jeffers
Price: CDN$ 12.27
31 used & new from CDN$ 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, Dec 26 2010
This book has something that anyone needing help in this area can relate to. It is simple yet powerful, and there is no wonder in my mind why it's a best seller.