Profile for Jae E. Bull > Reviews

Content by Jae E. Bull

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Jae E. Bull (Westerville,OHIO)

A Lesson Before Dying: A Novel
A Lesson Before Dying: A Novel
by Ernest J. Gaines
Price: CDN$ 11.51
206 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book, June 9 2002
The book gave a good picture of relations between blacks and whites in the South during the 1940's. It touched some on the education of Blacks and how it differed from whites as well as how much education black children received. It also touch a little on how educated blacks were treated and what was expected of both the uneducated and educated. However, I would not say that I was "enlightened." I liked how the characters interacted and I thought that each character was very strong. I recommend this book...

Bel Canto
Bel Canto
by Ann Patchett
163 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable book, June 9 2002
This review is from: Bel Canto (Paperback)
I would have given this book 5 stars, but I did not like the ending. I just could not accept it. Other than that, I found that I was not able to put the book down and it was a very enjoyable story.

How to Break Your Addiction to a Person: When and Why Love Doesn't Work, and What to Do About It
by Howard Halpern
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
36 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good book..., June 9 2002
I thought this book was really well written. Although, some of the chapters did not apply to me and although I am not currently in an addictive relationship, I recognized some of the self-defeating patterns presented in the book. I recommend this book to anyone who has had trouble getting over someone (ex-boyfriend/girlfriend) or has had trouble leaving past relationships out of the present.