Profile for Quartet Listener > Reviews

Content by Quartet Listener

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Quartet Listener (Waterloo, Ontario)

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101-A2-CBIL 16GB 10.1-Inch Tablet Computer (Tablet and Docking Station Included)
2 used & new from CDN$ 549.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Tablet Schmablet, Nov. 30 2011
Background: I use ubuntu linux on my (3) machines. I was buying the tablet to replace a failing laptop for note taking at meetings. I sent the Transformer back, mostly because I was not using it as much as I thought. I found it frustrating to learn Android, and the onscreen keyboard doesn't cut it for me. Using the docking station destroys the size advantage of a tablet.

The build quality of the ASUS EEE Transformer is great, and everything worked as promised.

At the end of the day, I didn't see any advantage for my purpose to a tablet over a netbook. I replaced the transformer with a clearance ASUS EEE PC 1015PX for about half the price of the Transformer with docking station.

eForCity 4Pk Ink Cartridge LC51 Compatible with Brother MFC-240C 845CW 665CW
eForCity 4Pk Ink Cartridge LC51 Compatible with Brother MFC-240C 845CW 665CW
4 used & new from CDN$ 17.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Cartridges not detected by printer, Aug. 3 2011
These cartridges are supposed to replace the Brother LC51 cartridges. So far the two I have tried fit into the printer but were not detected as LC-51 cartridges, so the printer (Brother MF440CN) would not work with them. I knew I took a chance....

Logitech S220 2.1 Speaker System (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Logitech S220 2.1 Speaker System (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value speakers, March 26 2010
The sound of these is very good for this price range. and plenty of bass.

One minor issue:

i) The power switch on the control is hard to turn off without inadvertently changing the volume.

One very minor issue:

ii) be aware of the cable arrangement: With my workstation setup the cables from the base unit to the speakers are just long enough and no more. I have to put the Base unit on the floor and the speaker cables don't have a straight run.

Let's Get Killed
Let's Get Killed
Price: CDN$ 17.24
42 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected., Jan. 11 2010
This review is from: Let's Get Killed (Audio CD)
I bought this CD based on hearing a track from it in a coffee shop. The album as a whole wasn't what I expected. The cuts I heard in the cafe were sort of jazzy, whereas the album is not particularly in that genre.

Second Side (Digi)
Second Side (Digi)
Price: CDN$ 18.60
18 used & new from CDN$ 11.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Great instrumentals and voice, Oct. 22 2009
This review is from: Second Side (Digi) (Audio CD)
I was discouraged by the attempt at sexy cover art, but the album otherwise appeals.