ARRAY(0xabb36420)

Profile for Lady Laela > Reviews

Content by Lady Laela

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Lady Laela (Ontario, Canada)

Gryphon Project, The
Gryphon Project, The
by Carrie Mac
Price: CDN$ 12.60
10 used & new from CDN$ 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Why is there no zero star rating?, March 5 2010
This review is from: Gryphon Project, The (Paperback)
I've read alot of books, and I can say that without a doubt this is the worst book I've ever read. It's worse than Twilight, hands down.

The premise sounds interesting, and if handled another way I think it could have been. The classist, slightly dystopian society serves as both backdrop and vital plot points, but it's never really explored. I wanted more from this book - much more, anything more.

The characters are so flat they're transparent - I honestly forgot their names /while/ reading the book. Anyone who has any personality traits is intolerably annoying or, in the case of the main character's best friend, a horrible person. They are never described at any point (with the exception of Gryphon himself), so one can't even picture them.

The plot is not exciting, or suspenseful, and the resolution is just disappointing. The dialogue is often childish and the whole book is outright vapid.

If I could have given this book less than one star, I honestly would have. I only managed to finish it through some bizarre masochism, and a vain hope it would get even marginally better. It did not, and the several hours I spent reading this is time I will never get back.