Profile for N. Fraser > Reviews

Content by N. Fraser

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

N. Fraser "big_daddy_fraze" (Montreal, Quebec Canada)

The Adventures of Tintin 3D / Les Aventures de Tintin 3D : Le Secret de la Licorne (Bilingual) [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
DVD ~ Jamie Bell
Offered by Deal Beat
Price: CDN$ 32.24
11 used & new from CDN$ 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent modern adaptation of an old classic, April 24 2012
I personally loved the story, which is rare enough in this day and age, but the attention to detail in the CG and the visual effects really put this movie over the top. I enjoyed it on my 3D TV and I found they did a great job using incorporating 3D into the movie without it being in your face the entire time. It's Action packed and great fun for the whole family (as long as you don't mind some drinking and period correct smoking). Also, as a person fluent in french, I enjoyed watching it in the classic cartoons native language.

Akira [Blu-ray]
Akira [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Nozomu Sasaki
Offered by tonypotenza
Price: CDN$ 88.76
6 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I finally get to see it in the language it was created in., Feb. 8 2011
This review is from: Akira [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Although I am used to seeing Akira on VHS with its original english dub, it is a great pleasure for me to view it in its original language. As far as the english dub goes, I still prefer the original that I am used to and the version on this blu-ray is one of the worst I've heard yet. As it has been since its creation Akira is still a masterpiece of hand drawn animation and now we get to see it in glorious HD. The image quality is outstanding on the blu-ray edition and you get to see all of the detail that this animation deserves. If you haven't seen Akira yet and you are a fan of anime find a copy of this version and sit back and enjoy.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Mostly pros and only a couple of cons, Feb. 22 2010
The 755T is a great little unit for the cost. It has not steered me wrong once and the traffic feature is very useful. It recalculates fast so even if you miss a turn it will get you back on track in a second or so. The screen is bright and for me the audio is loud enough. All in all a good buy.
The only cons I can think of are; navigating the menus, sometimes things are a little buried. It would be nice if at there was some sort of brief description of the sub menu items under the top menu icon (Like "System: units management, navigation view, etc...) just to give the user a nudge in the right direction. The second con is that being a big guy I have big hands and the touch screen often misinterprets my single finger press in one location as a press in an entirely different location on the screen. Frustrating to say the least, but with the use of a stylus from a nintendo DS and a bit of string I have overcome that problem.

New York Times Crosswords - Nintendo DS
New York Times Crosswords - Nintendo DS
13 used & new from CDN$ 29.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than CrossworDS in so many ways, Dec 1 2009
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought CrossworDS a while back so I could do crosswords on the commute into work without the hassle of a large news paper and pencil. It was major let down, some how trying to figure out 4x4 grid puzzles with such difficult words as "cats" or "book" was just not doing it for me. I ordered the New York Time puzzles hoping for more of a challenge and was not disappointed. The puzzles and clues are much more challenging and the input method for the letters in my opinion is an improvement. Features such as a keyboard (which eases the input of letters on a bumpy bus ride) and zooming in and out on the grid so you can see the whole puzzle and navigate are a huge bonus. The one thing I could complain about is the color schemes for the puzzles, sometimes they make the puzzles hard to read and are generally not pleasant to look at. All in all good fun for a crossword enthusiast, if you can find a copy that is.

Shadowplay
Shadowplay
by Tad Williams
Price: CDN$ 13.72
43 used & new from CDN$ 0.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Second book in a series, of course it won't give you closure, Sept. 10 2008
This review is from: Shadowplay (Paperback)
This is the second book of a trilogy (or maybe quadrilogy, you never know with Mr. Williams) and although I agree I did not get as much out of it as I'd hoped, I still feel that it builds a solid foundation for the epic finale that is sure to ensue. I have enjoyed all of his series and look forward to reading the next installment.

White Pony (Second Edition)
White Pony (Second Edition)
Price: CDN$ 12.94
32 used & new from CDN$ 6.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Real Audio Samples WTF!!!, Feb. 18 2005
Real Audio absolutely sucks and I don't understand why anyone still uses that c*ap. Please put other formats at least so that we have a choice. Thank you